Jump to content
monkie

What purchases have you made on the back of Trannies?

Recommended Posts

Hey Trannies Gang!

A couple of posts in the another thread alluding to the possibility of attracting future advertisers / partners to Transitions. Cadens wheels comes up regularly!

It got me thinking about my own spending habits and how that has been driven by this site, I thought as a possible data point for the future it could be valuable to document how we have been influenced by advice / what we have read on here. 

For me:

Bike purchases - Pedals Plus in Gordon have had > $6k from me due to a recommendation on here.
Shoes - Willie gets all my shoe purchases now, initially this was only from his posts on here $650ish. Plus I tell everyone I know to go to him too.
Power meter - again through Willie around $1200
Swim Coach - $150 I think through here
Science in Sport - $150 a month
Elite energy - I don't know whether they count 'cos I raced my first race with them before I joined here but I've become such a loyal attendee of their events partly due to Emo & Seb's involvement here (and the rest because they're top folk and looked after me at LCW last year). I reckon around $1500 in race fees a year?

The rest are too small to mention but I'm fairly certain that every brand / product choice I make that's triathlon related has been chosen through the lens of this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a cheapskate, so technically not much.  Willie will get my shoes.  I did my first Gundy cause I read of it here.  

My mate, who's never been on here, never lurked or looked on here, and rolls his eyes every time I say "was reading on trannies"; has a set of 80mm deCadence wheels and a 50mm deCadence front (for those windy days) because of me and this place though.  And I'll be asking Willie a Ridley related question for him in the very near future too.

I did try infinit because of here though, and my mate also still uses it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cadens for me and a present of deCadans for the other half

Will try infinite when I get back to tris in a year or so (dropped my gel AGAIN on the bike yesterday)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a member though, I think Willie is a little bit different than just or normal advertiser's, or even a normal recommendation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, goughy said:

I'm a cheapskate, so technically not much.  Willie will get my shoes.  I did my first Gundy cause I read of it here.  

My mate, who's never been on here, never lurked or looked on here, and rolls his eyes every time I say "was reading on trannies"; has a set of 80mm deCadence wheels and a 50mm deCadence front (for those windy days) because of me and this place though.  And I'll be asking Willie a Ridley related question for him in the very near future too.

I did try infinit because of here though, and my mate also still uses it.

I can do Ridley stuff goughy ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know :)

My mate's such a Ridley whore!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brought some stuff on recommendations, eg wetsuit from Aqua Plus

main ones from advertising on here:

Caden wheels - sorely based on Trannies 

Pedal Plus is my local store anyway

Trannies Hat

Elete Energy races

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoes

Gels

Infinit

Bike - Tritrade off @Lostkiwi

Bike - Di2 Azzurri (even if it still gets me in trouble to this day)

Clothing - Jaggad, Maxym

$70m, $80m, $90m syndicate lottery tickets

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, goughy said:

I know :)

My mate's such a Ridley whore!

He has too much money! So send him my way :P:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, goughy said:

Being a member though, I think Willie is a little bit different than just or normal advertiser's, or even a normal recommendation.

Yep, but it does demonstrate the value of becoming part of a community, contributing etc. People buy from people!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, goughy said:

Being a member though, I think Willie is a little bit different than just or normal advertiser's, or even a normal recommendation.

I was around well before I decided to do this crazy stuff. I only regret not having the balls to do it earlier... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Shoes from Willie

I'm trying to buy shoes from willie  but he won't return my messages. 

Guess I cried wolf once too many

 

😉

Edited by Turts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Turts said:

I'm trying to buy shoes from willie  but he won't return my messages. 

Guess I cried wolf once too many

 

😉

msg him on FB messenger, i have just been talking to him

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoes from Willie (but I was wearing Hokas already - so just changed supplier)

Huma gels from Willie - and he introduced me to those

I also took the +1 in to get his running shoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey hey hey......

Whats happening here,,,,, wait till I leave and then try and turn this into a cash cow for Willie  :angry:

 

 

:lol:   Just kidding. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, willie said:

I accidentally bought a forum... pretty sure that means I win :lol: 

Pretty sure THAT wasn't on my recommendation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KieranR said:

msg him on FB messenger, i have just been talking to him

 

Turns out he reads here too! 

All sorted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, roxii said:

Hey hey hey......

Whats happening here,,,,, wait till I leave and then try and turn this into a cash cow for Willie  :angry:

 

 

:lol:   Just kidding. 

 

didn't you negotiate a percent of future sales/revenue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rory-dognz said:

didn't you negotiate a percent of future sales/revenue?

No, didnt want to cop a bill if it went the other way  :lol: 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, willie said:

I accidentally bought a forum... pretty sure that means I win :lol: 

Any old schmo can own a forum!!!!!! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entry into Calypso Bay HIM on the GC back in 2010 or whatever it was on the back of that epic smack thread that Otter and Jester started...

And the flights...

And the accomodation...

And the coaching plan...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going back a while for obvious reasons. A Houtoa from Pee Pee’s Mona Vale shop plus loads of bits n bobs.  Wettie from Aqua Store on advice from here.

Did a lot with TriTrade. Gave a lot of stuff away also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheapskate also here ;)

So I've bought shoes from Willie.

Wanting to the pull the trigger on some Fusion gear and have been eyeing some Caden's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Does ScoMo have a Forum?

He has a discussion forum....... It's called parliament!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

735XT from Willie, and still waiting for him to get some Budgies.

Oh of course I bought a Fenix 5 from Willie!

 

Pretty much everything I use I've bought from here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cadens

Fusion suit

Trislide from reading here the Willies

LCW after FPs threads

Looking into a mtb not bought yet

Bought 2 Kask helmets - for road & TT

Edited by Surfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, goughy said:

He has a discussion forum....... It's called parliament!

Yeah, but the idea of a forum is to answer the questions asked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also acquired a wife pretty much directly from my involvement in trannies... long story but yeah. We were old friends who ended up getting back together because I ended up in WA one year doing the IM Busso commentary. Although we are no longer married we remain the best of friends. I talked to her last week as a matter of fact. Marriage is over rated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TUv5.0 said:

I also acquired a wife pretty much directly from my involvement in trannies... long story but yeah. We were old friends who ended up getting back together because I ended up in WA one year doing the IM Busso commentary. Although we are no longer married we remain the best of friends. I talked to her last week as a matter of fact. Marriage is over rated. 

I have a vague recollection I was there at Perth airport for said reunion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After advice from this site I've brought a pair of wheels from Caden, I've  had 2 bike fits from Ryan at 3d bike fit and got a watch from Willie, 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AA7 said:

Cadens just a few weeks ago. I too am very fond of them so far.

Did you race in the Beacons? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, willie said:

Did you race in the Beacons? 

Ooh and Beacons from Willie.

Yes I did race in them. 3 sub 20 parkruns in the lead up to worlds too.

Edited by AA7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AA7 said:

Ooh and Beacons from Willie.

Yes I did race in them. 3 sub 20 parkruns in the lead up to worlds too.

So I take it you like them the. :) 

hey FFF. You’ve got some beacons on the way ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, willie said:

So I take it you like them the. :) 

hey FFF. You’ve got some beacons on the way ;) 

i hope you didn't send them via mailman,,,will go via Russia to get to WA :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KieranR said:

i hope you didn't send them via mailman,,,will go via Russia to get to WA :)

 

Next time you can fly to manly and buy em yourself :P it was a leftover from when I sent out the Huma last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Directly

ignoring the trannies merch

Otter sold 3 bikes to me (so - 12k? plus some servicing and sundries)

Fusion suit, thinking about getting another one.

LCW I know of only because of here, did it last year, will be back in a month.

In future.

Looking at changing my supplier for hoka's...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...