roxii

It's goodnight from me..............

Cheers Roxii and thanks for keeping this weird f*** of a place going for 5 years.  think I joined a day or so after you 15 yrs ago.

Give me a yell if you take the boat down the coast and I'll get the Fenn out.  Just give me plenty of notice, if I don't paddle a bit I keep getting spat out.

I expect to see you giving out more now that you no longer have to be the respectable site owner. 

1 minute ago, lawman said:

I expect to see you giving out more now that you no longer have to be the respectable site owner. 

:lol: 

Ill see if I can get Gunther back to keep Willie on his toes too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good on you Roxii, you stepped up like a real champ at a time where a few old regulars left and I think alot of people wondered with the way it was being managed whether it would continue - or be worth continuing with.  We quickly knew it was in good hands

• Like 1

Thanks heaps Roxii! And congrats Willie.  I'm sure we'll all try and make things "interesting" for you going forwards ;):)

It's a sad day for me. Not because Willie is coming on board (I'm sure he'll do a great john) but because you are leaving.

My first dealings with Transitions was probably around 12 months before my first ironman. This place gave me lots of great practical information and got me Crankcited about my first ironman. I know for a fact that it wouldn't have been the amazing experience it was without the Trannies.

I met you, along with many other Trannies, at Port, and I was welcomed with open arms into the crew. Who knows what would've come of my tri career if it were not for you and this crazy place. 

Don't be a stranger, Roxii. Xx 😢

• Thanks 1

Mate, what can I say? You did a fantastic job and this community has been absolutely instrumental in getting me back into the sport after injury but more importantly, keeping in touch with my friends across the miles.

I don’t think you are alone in wondering where the sport is going either and there is nothing wrong with trying other things, whether forced to or by choice. 

You didn’t take over a forum, you re-ignited a community that was crumbling and in danger of collapsing completely.

Take a bow Champ.

• Like 3

It's a testament to yourself that as a "computer numpty" you'd put the time and effort into running and supporting an internet forum for 5 years! I know without this place, the idea of completing an ironman would have stayed just that, an idea. You've undoubtedly helped shape this community since before you took over, and hopefully for more years to come.

Thanks a bunch Roxii

• Like 1

As Roxii said, he's not disappearing into the sunset, ala Trev etc.  And I'd be surprised if he did.  He was a major part of this community long before he took over.  The difference is now he can tell someone to get f'ed, rather than have to be all nice and cordial!

Don't bury him just yet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Roxii, 

While I have been around here since 2008 in various forms(😬😬😳😂) you are the guy who made me feel like Transitions was a thing of greatness. You included me and I feel welcome here now because of this. Thank you very much for your time and effort. I won't forget it. 

All the best for the future. 

Cheers 

Sam Brown 

5 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

You included me and I feel welcome here now because of this.

So it was him!

Good riddance Rox! :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, goughy said:

As Roxii said, he's not disappearing into the sunset, ala Trev etc.  And I'd be surprised if he did.  He was a major part of this community long before he took over.  The difference is now he can tell someone to get f'ed, rather than have to be all nice and cordial!

Don't bury him just yet!

Yeah settle down folks. 

Im still gunna be spamming you lot with crappy puns and dad jokes, telling you how much harder tris were back in the day and now telling you how great I could have been if it weren’t for my dodgy hip. 

And anyway you lot are the only actual friends I have so I can’t go anywhere else. 

Thanks for the compliments though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, oldschool69#2 said:

Mate seems like you need to slow down to the south coast 😂

maybe we can paddle together 😂😂

I wanna go North and join the rest of Cronulla tri club :lol: 

• Haha 1

Good job Roxii. You’ve done well. And appreciated by all.

Does that mean you have to hand your press pass in!

Long live Roxii....I mean Transitions!!!!

Pffft... The Stig still hasn’t forgiven you for making him ride in the back seat home from Port 2016.

Thanks Roxii. You’ve left big shoes to fill. 

5527D0D6-A232-42AA-B536-F0675B9B6FAF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, roxii said:

a sport I have loved and participated in from my first race in 1991

1 hour ago, roxii said:

telling you how much harder tris were back in the day

But you only started in 1991. You weren't racing "back in the day".

• Haha 2