willie

Transitions - What do you want?

13 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Did you own a forum?

Who'd have thunk it!! ;) Not RS, that's for sure!  Who I miss desperately, where is RS these days?

14 minutes ago, goughy said:

Who'd have thunk it!! ;) Not RS, that's for sure!  Who I miss desperately, where is RS these days?

Having coffee with Beth M?

Running nude in the hinterland with PJ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, roxii said:

I think I remember talking to you on the phone the day you were heading to Melb.   :lol: 

I think its quaint that people dont think they can be found. 

12 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

zwift ride

that's probably not a bad idea to be honest. Is there a way to set up a ride and maybe have some sprint primes or something to make it a bit more interesting? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most of the courses have a sprint point on them. There are plenty of all out races, formula that work well is, number of laps at whatever w/kg aiming for. Sprint, regather, last lap race to the finish.

As you already have a number of people here your event will get people and if they bring at least one friend, that boosts the numbers in the race, will direct traffic to the site. Boom we have:

broadened our presenece

increased our numbers

extended our reach

Off course the ride needs good culture and to be well led

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Most of the courses have a sprint point on them. There are plenty of all out races, formula that work well is, number of laps at whatever w/kg aiming for. Sprint, regather, last lap race to the finish.

As you already have a number of people here your event will get people and if they bring at least one friend, that boosts the numbers in the race, will direct traffic to the site. Boom we have:

broadened our presenece

increased our numbers

extended our reach

Off course the ride needs good culture and to be well led

And at a decent time for those of us who don't have daylight savings..

• Like 1

I've only joined the ST ride once but when I did, the kit on my avatar automatically changed to theirs  (then changed back again after). Would be good to have that for increased visibility back to the site.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

zwift ride

ZWIFT KIT! 

I was rolling along this morning through London getting angry at all the other custom kits and thought WTF?? 

Even 'Twits have one 😳😳😳😳😠😠😠😠😠

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, pieman said:

And at a decent time for those of us who don't have daylight savings..

And get up at 4am EST 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roxii said:

I think I remember talking to you on the phone the day you were heading to Melb.   :lol: 

Yeah. Im not forgetting that. Ever. Nor the fake identity he created in my name. Ever. As for the other bloke bit of a whoops from a certain administrative body, after a lawful request for information after he made a complete **** of himself they accidentally sent me a document with his name, address and phone number not redacted. So there ya go. 

22 minutes ago, TUv5.0 said:

Yeah. Im not forgetting that. Ever. 

Mate, the stuff you've seen, the stuff you've dealt with, that's life changing. Online stuff? Words? That's on you.

Regardless of how gutless you see these people, how tough they may think they are because they're anonymous, the only reason they are successful is because you choose them to be.

Think about it.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, nealo said:

Mate, the stuff you've seen, the stuff you've dealt with, that's life changing. Online stuff? Words? That's on you.

Regardless of how gutless you see these people, how tough they may think they are because they're anonymous, the only reason they are successful is because you choose them to be.

Think about it.

Good words Nealo 👌👌😎 thanks 

37 minutes ago, nealo said:

Think about it.

Well. One as he had no cards left threatened my kid. He’s still here. There is no coming back from that. Ever. Although as my kid is now boxing he may have to worry about him as well. So I’m not letting that go. 

Second guy. Had a crack at me through work. Deliberate lie. He barely avoided being charged for a false and misleading statement. See above. 

Third guy. Spoke harshly about my deceased mother. Not letting that go. Ever. 

I would be betraying my own value set and couldn’t look myself in the mirror if I did. So nope. 

Quality people those three. Not. 

Edited by TUv5.0

13 minutes ago, TUv5.0 said:

I would be betraying my own value set and couldn’t look myself in the mirror if I did. So nope. 

One and three are praying on that value set, and you allow them.

Two is a different story if they've entered work life.

13 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

For zwifters is there a preference for day and time

Make it East Coast based. West Aussies will make it if we can. Majority rules 👍

7 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

GMT  would be nice 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

West Aussie will just jump in with a few k to go then say they did the whole thing :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, roxii said:

West Aussie will just jump in with a few k to go then say they did the whole thing :lol:

Robson has a lot to answer for hasn't he? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm originally from Victoria so I really should be taking offence to any non PC humour..... LOL 

11 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

For zwifters is there a preference for day and time

Any day, approximately 30 mins after both my kids are asleep....... so anytime between 6.30pm and 9pm...

cheers

• Like 1

Nice change with the google search ‘Australia’s Triathlon Family’ . Now what can we do to bump it to number 1? 

12 hours ago, pieman said:

Any day, approximately 30 mins after both my kids are asleep....... so anytime between 6.30pm and 9pm...

cheers

I'll be asleep then! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, more said:

Nice change with the google search ‘Australia’s Triathlon Family’ . Now what can we do to bump it to number 1? 

Scandal 

Any publicity etc etc 😂😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Scandal 

Any publicity etc etc 😂😂

Sex tape?

16 minutes ago, willie said:

Sex tape?

I haven't even met you....but... Ok🤗🤗🤤

• Haha 3

On 15/09/2018 at 6:12 PM, trinube said:

Perhaps a Tranny (training) Tinder. List when you'll be doing some training and if someone wants to come along they can hook up. I'm sure there's plenty of people training alone and sometimes it would be nice to have someone to chat to without the constraints of a formal group.

Something like "I'm going for a surf swim tomorrow at Cronulla. If anyone's interested I'll be in Wanda carpark at 8am wearing my tranny hat.*"  If people turn up great, if not, no problem. 

* Note this is entirely fictitious - I haven't swum for months :lol:

I like this idea

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

I like this idea

For the last time Cranky, nobody else is crazy enough to swim with you at 4.15....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, pieman said:

For the last time Cranky, nobody else is crazy enough to swim with you at 4.15....

Well swimming might no so bad. Has anyone confirmed wether or not cranky can talk underwater? :P :lol: 

11 minutes ago, willie said:

Well swimming might no so bad. Has anyone confirmed wether or not cranky can talk underwater? :P :lol: 

Not sure, but I think she got a waterproof phone so she can still ask us questions. 

• Haha 2

I'll practice my sign language. I learnt baby sign when my kids were born. That should do for this audience 🤣

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, willie said:

If I can, she sure as can!

On 14/09/2018 at 4:32 PM, KieranR said:

I probably write more in the sandbox because i dont know much about triathlon so dont lose that either.

Don't let that hold you back - it doesn't anyone else.

Community and events are the go

Gear advice - although there are a lot of these around already I suppose.  Still good to have it all in one place, even as a link

added - that catch up bit is good as well - with a "good" search capability.  The problem with popular sites with a lot of traffic is things get lost.  Not sure how much time you can spend updating features of the site - adding in new capabilities etc as assume that's limited by your host

Edited by symo

A calendar that people can add an event and similar to FB people could indicate interest in attending.  When I look at what races to do, I like to check to see if any friends are going.

• Like 4

Right so I'll do up a summary pretty soon and get to work on them... I reckon there was some pretty cracking ideas on here

• Like 1

On 14/09/2018 at 4:42 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You could always use pink like on Slowtwitch

You colourblind or something?

Just now, tortoise said:

You colourblind or something?

Can't change font colour on the phone 

Do you want the Kurnell World Series Handicap Shield back? I have it - last one 23 March 2014 so my FB says. If I can find it!!

905424_10152350185668112_1998511994_o.thumb.jpg.5cb663d47c9870ba1f72036430ed9336.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Do you want the Kurnell World Series Handicap Shield back? I have it - last one 23 March 2014 so my FB says. If I can find it!!

905424_10152350185668112_1998511994_o.thumb.jpg.5cb663d47c9870ba1f72036430ed9336.jpg

Giz!! Where you been mate?  Nice to see the trophy is being well looked after.

17 hours ago, trinube said:

Giz!! Where you been mate?  Nice to see the trophy is being well looked after.

Hey buddy.. kinda fell off the earth triathlon wise past few years - last IM was 2014.. so just keeping semi fit cycling and not racing.. still in Adland working as a Producer Freelance.. kinda semi retired from work life these days and travelling a bit.. hope you are good mate.. still at the Torch yeah?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Hey buddy.. kinda fell off the earth triathlon wise past few years - last IM was 2014.. so just keeping semi fit cycling and not racing.. still in Adland working as a Producer Freelance.. kinda semi retired from work life these days and travelling a bit.. hope you are good mate.. still at the Torch yeah?

Yep, counting down to retirement. As soon as the young bloke finishes school we're out of Sydney and could end up anywhere. Might go to Coffs - Otter might be Mayor by then.

Maybe we should target a Kurnell race for a get together. Giz can bring the trophy, a few can volunteer, a few can race and we head back to Roxii's afterwards :)

56 minutes ago, trinube said:

Maybe we should target a Kurnell race for a get together. Giz can bring the trophy, a few can volunteer, a few can race and we head back to Roxii's afterwards :)

I'm down there with my work gang doing 2 x Relay Sprint Teams. :D