willie

Transitions - What do you want?

2 minutes ago, pieman said:

Would love to see Rentakill back here.. 

And IP he had lot to offer. 

Also if you can't get trev back can you organize an Airtasker to do the daily tour updates..

Reinvigorate the 10 questions. I know id like to know more about some of the longer term posters especially those with talent Aa7, clintred, pot, corky?  (Tyno pretty much volunteered to do this when he did the roxii version recently). 

Would love a 'safe space' to discuss lchf without ridicule.. Haha yeah right

Make the block button easier to find..

Enjoy the stuff that the resident physios add to in the injury and rehab space.  Maybe a monthly injury article or something?  I know i could write a letter every month...

Alternative monthly training updates from lachie and bergs would be good.  Even add a month worth Keiran or Fffs (or your) pre busso training.  I enjoyed previous ones by Nath i think it was..

Who is rentakill? Maybe we need a "where are they now?" yoyo used to be good value as well. 

I'll try work on someone to do the tour stuff. Maybe ExHasbeen? 

Oi, tyno. Where is our next 10 questions, add RBR to the list of interesting stories, he used to be fatter than me. If anyone does 10 Qs with corky I'll close the site. We will have reached our peak too early and it's only downhill from there

Safe space = PMs. :P

I have a dietician, physio, pod and possibly even an osteo on the payroll, that's already been thought about and will happen. Along with some coaching advice and other random articles.

We're working on your last point as we speak. I'd actually like to put a "team" together as a permanent thing (read comment RE Transitions Shop funding it). 

• Thanks 1

I'm sure you will do the right thing by the site, I reckon your motives are spot on.

In terms of what I want... like everybody has said I don't think this part (i.e. the forums) should stay pretty much as they are. I've only met a few people off here IRL but I feel like it's a great bunch of folk even though we disagree with each other sometimes it tends to be done politely. I've learnt so much here and also laughed out loud, teared up, got angry and everything in between. @Turtscomment about Tranny posting alone in a hotel room hit the spot... as I've mentioned I travel a lot and on arriving in a new hotel, wherever it is in the world the first website I open is not my email, it's this forum. Lame but it makes me feel at home. I joined a year after arriving in Australia and 6 months after my first triathlon and haven't looked back. When I return to the UK I shall definitely be joining the ranks of FP, Rimmer et al.

That all being said... I've only ever visited the non-forum part of the site twice, both times by mistake which is probably more on me than the site but there is a huge opportunity to do something amazing with it and make it a real home for not just triathlon but all Multisport in Australia.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, willie said:

...Sorta like Caden. How many of us would be on them without Ben being on here? 

I only have Cadens because of Trannies.

47 minutes ago, pieman said:

I know i could write a letter every month...

Are you Physio?!! Why didn't I know this???!!!

Who's Jabbs....

Another alias of TUV something.0

Dah, da dah, da dah.

I like the "reinvigorate", rather than reinvent!  I don't wanna see anyone feel like they don't wanna be here anymore.  This is my safe place, and I have more people here I'd call friend, or trust, than I have in real life! (And that includes IJ and AP etc).

Edited by goughy

Jabbs, Rentakill, Mister Marcellis Wallace, Voice of Reason, TU5.0 - I'm sure there's more but that's just off the top of my head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, trinube said:

Jabbs, Rentakill, Mister Marcellis Wallace, Voice of Reason, TU5.0 - I'm sure there's more but that's just off the top of my head.

Right I knew all of them and a couple more. Rentakill must have come and gone pretty quickly

Maybe he didn't pay the rent?

4 minutes ago, willie said:

Right I knew all of them and a couple more. Rentakill must have come and gone pretty quickly

2 minutes ago, goughy said:

Maybe he didn't pay the rent?

Exterminated pests

He still reads here and I’m sure he will be pleased he is still fondly remembered. 

• Like 1

I thought about this through the day.

About 30 years ago we used to go to the pub every Friday night after work. Everyone from the GM to the apprentices would turn up and that's a lot of how I see Trannies. I'm not a serious insect so was never going to get into the deep technicalities of the sport on here but the social component was worth the effort.

I've met some 'ace' people through here. Port Mac 2007 when I met Humdrum, Fezza and FatPom for the first time. I met Nealo and Roxii at Kurnell while cleaning up after a race.  Had some great times in Busso with Bored@, Hyphen and Antisport - Yeppoon with Sunnygirl, Skel, Simone and Otter. I travelled to Busso by myself for Ironman but was never alone. Stood on the start line with Coffs Pete and Chambo. I got cheered on by trannies I'd never met. I did Callala with Agent86 and Gimili. I've had great meet-ups in Melbourne with Tri-Mel, MDot, -H-, MX Walker, Ayto, Foxy Lady, Muz and more. I've swum the B&B with Tortoise and Rog and bought surfboards off Jabbs. I saw Mrs Chat do her first ever triathlon and briefly met Flanman same day.

I've done bike rides, runs and swims with Trannies outside of races. I loved the swim workshop coach@ ran a few years back and the track cycling with Parkside, TInman, Roxii, Trev, Hyphen, Geoscott and Donncha was a terrifying blast.

This is where Trannies value is for me. You can travel to any race in the country (or OS) and if you put the word out you can guarantee there'll be someone to talk to with their name on the back of a cap.

By all means do everything possible to promote the sport, but what's become clear over the years is that more and more people posting here don't actually participate in the sport anymore. Many that don't have drifted away and that's a shame because as a social 'club' there's a lot to be said for the quality of the people on the site.

I'd love to see organised 'events' that weren't necessarily tri-related. Rides, runs, swims, dinners, whatever. I'd just like to catch up with people and if it can be done with a small degree of exercise and some taking the piss  then all the better.

As syrupy as it sounds, it is a second family and I consider myself lucky to have stumbled across it and met some sensational people along the way.

Edited by trinube
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, more said:

Email notifications for new posts would also be cool

you can already do that :)  Will also give notifications in most browsers if you turn it on. 

1. As others had said, many appreciate the contributions of posters that posted heavily on here previously and don't anymore.  Somehow find a way to get them back.
  2. Once a upon a time the front page only had topics that have been active within the past 4 hours or so, now it is measured in days.  Find ways to recruit more people to the site - there are (and always have been) tons of people doing tris in Oz that know nothing of this site.  Find a way to reach them and the topics and discussion would move quicker.
  3. The site is now over 15 years and there are heck knows how many (legitimate) members...but quite significant.  As I've said a few times over the years, my biggest request is to create a sub forum for members that have passed so we can remember them.  Green Machine, KA2 (10 question creator starting in 2005) are two of a number that deserve to have their legacy remembered for the contribution they have given to this site.  There are probably many that we don't know about which is a sad.

Just now, GSP said:
  1. The site is now over 15 years and there are heck knows how many (legitimate) members...but quite significant.  As I've said a few times over the years, my biggest request is to create a sub forum for members that have passed so we can remember them.  Green Machine, KA2 (10 question creator starting in 2005) are two of a number that deserve to have their legacy remembered for the contribution they have given to this site.  There are probably many that we don't know about which is a sad.

You read my mind and this is already in the works, every time I'm in port I go see the green machines rock

4 minutes ago, willie said:

You read my mind and this is already in the works, every time I'm in port I go see the green machines rock

Stars on 54.

Great to hear.

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

I only have Cadens because of Trannies.

Are you Physio?!! Why didn't I know this???!!!

No i could write a monthly letter asking advice on my latest injury..

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

Have a sub forum for cycling. 

Another for running. 

Revamp. Colours etc...

Oh yeah, Peter was at a meet up in Melbourne too :)

Met some amazing people on this forum and I value all the input anyone takes the time to put in.  I know not everyone sees things the same way but that's just part of being in a community.  If everyone was the same **** it would be boring.

I don't really know what the best direction is for the forum but there is plenty more people out there that do tri who could add to this place and I think finding a way to capture that would be a good start.  

Best of luck willie I know you'll give it everything you have and I hope you can pull off what you're trying to achieve.

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

Have a sub forum for cycling. 

Another for running. 

I understand the thinking behind this, but I think a lot of the current single sport content that comes in under Trichat would be missed by a lot of people who wouldn't bother opening up some of the single sport stuff.

1 hour ago, trinube said:

As syrupy as it sounds, it is a second family and I consider myself lucky to have stumbled across it and met some sensational people along the way.

This is especially true when your family are 12,000 miles away.:thumbsup:

• Like 1