Sign in to follow this  
Rimmer

Prams

5 hours ago, Rimmer said:

.... and here is me thinking bikes are expensive!!!!

Wait till you get to car seats!  We have a Cybex Sirona for sale if you're interested, rear facing, swivels, makes tea and it is worth more than the car it's currently fitted in :lol:

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Wait till you get to car seats!  We have a Cybex Sirona for sale if you're interested, rear facing, swivels, makes tea and it is worth more than the car it's currently fitted in :lol:

Was just going to mention car seats and the "guilt trips" you get from sales people and others if you don't consider the version with 8 point harness,  12 airbags and bluetooth speaker built in... the first time it's got shit or vomit all over it you'll be glad you only went a mid range that's safety standard approved

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pieman said:

Was just going to mention car seats and the "guilt trips" you get from sales people and others if you don't consider the version with 8 point harness,  12 airbags and bluetooth speaker built in... the first time it's got shit or vomit all over it you'll be glad you only went a mid range that's safety standard approved

I just sent him a PM saying that:lol:

• Like 1

Our pram became a shopping trolley because the wife decided she wanted to carry the kids all the time.....$500 shopping trolley, ended up giving it away to a person  i knew was financially struggling with the impending birth of their 5th kid...only to see them sell it for $200....

Car seats, we have always had the safe n sound capsules and seats and boosters as that is who QLD ambulance recommended at the time and they also fitted them.

Just made the comment that the Bugaboo / Stokke thing is like Campag / Shimano... pick a side and stick to it!

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Just made the comment that the Bugaboo / Stokke thing is like Campag / Shimano... pick a side and stick to it!

Our first one was £60 second hand from a Little Pickles sale.  We got good use out of that and then gave it to charity.

Glad I got beyond that before it became such a fashion competition. 

My mrs works in childcare and when we were having our first a Mum at the centre she worked at was offloading all her baby stuff as her precious one and only was getting too old for them. 

We got everything as a “job lot” for $400, car seat, cot, pram, linen, clothes, bath, change table, travel cot etc etc etc. 

with all that and all the stuff rellos and friends bought as presents etc we didn’t have to spend much at all.........

.......and yet they still cost a fortune. 

Just now, roxii said:

.......and yet they still cost a fortune. 

My kid is 4 and keeps eating food, they said it was just a phase. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FatPom said:

My kid is 4 and keeps eating food, they said it was just a phase. :lol:

She wants to grow up to be big & strong like her Dad ... then wallop him in training & racing 😊

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

She wants to grow up to be big & strong like her Dad ... then wallop him in training & racing 😊

The way I feel this week, she’ll be doing that by Xmas!

• Like 1

By the way. N+1 seems to apply with these as well.  We bought our 5th pram by the time we were pregnant with number 2.  I had one jogging pram, the other 4 where all variations on the basic phil and ted one.  First one didn't fold down well enough for the boot of our car at the time, so back to buy another one.  There was something about the front wheel on that, so off to get another one.  Then when number 2 was on the way it was time to buy a double...\

Across all 3 kids something like 8 prams purchased in total

• Confused 1

Our bassinet pretty much went round the whole family.  So did the portacot.  And the cot.  The pram got shared a fair bit less though.  I have no idea where it is now.

But family members did ok out of us having kids first.  Even our car seat ended up lent out to the bil, who then subsequently have it to his girlfriend to use who then crashed and had to chuck it out.....