Cranky

Sunny coast 70.3 Anyone there now?

On 06/09/2018 at 2:55 PM, FuiFui said:

Yeah Jezz that was me in the cupcake kit. Nice ride back from the far turn with me. I should go check my photoes to look for the same!

How'd the rest of your race go?

It was a good ride back, sitting on a decent effort. I had NP of 250 which I was happy with.

Then managed to hold 4 min pace on the run, for a 1:24, and  4:27 finish time. This put me 12th in 40-44. I think the weather helped with faster run times. For me anyway coming up for the Adelaide winter! Not sure I could have handled a sunny and hot day!

you? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jezza78 said:

It was a good ride back, sitting on a decent effort. I had NP of 250 which I was happy with.

Then managed to hold 4 min pace on the run, for a 1:24, and  4:27 finish time. This put me 12th in 40-44. I think the weather helped with faster run times. For me anyway coming up for the Adelaide winter! Not sure I could have handled a sunny and hot day!

you? 

Bloody hell, well done - wish I could run like that!

Had almost the same bike split but a 1:40 run was the best I could manage for a 4:39 overall time. Even adding the extra time for the short run course I managed a PB, so I was happy with that.

• Like 1

I had a good day - and got my ass kicked. I was in the mix - ran 1.29 flat which I'm happy with, overall 4.31 and it only got me 13th in 45-49. There's some fast old cats up there.

Like you - that weather helped me coming from Canberra. Really enjoyed the day though.

cheers,

1 hour ago, FuiFui said:

I had a good day - and got my ass kicked. I was in the mix - ran 1.29 flat which I'm happy with, overall 4.31 and it only got me 13th in 45-49. There's some fast old cats up there.

Like you - that weather helped me coming from Canberra. Really enjoyed the day though.

cheers,

That’s a nice run also. It is a nice race to do! I always know a few people racing it, so it’s good to catch up with everyone. And enjoy the sunshine! 

If I could swim, I’d be even happier with my time 😬😬

16 hours ago, Jezza78 said:

That’s a nice run also. It is a nice race to do! I always know a few people racing it, so it’s good to catch up with everyone. And enjoy the sunshine! 

If I could swim, I’d be even happier with my time 😬😬

Haha. That describes my whole triathlon career.

• Like 1

On 09/09/2018 at 8:48 PM, Jezza78 said:

you? 

My hero.

Sits up spinning on the bike. Claims towed crowie around the course.

Runs 20km. Claims ran a 1:24 half marathon.

Tell me more!!! 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FuiFui said:

How did your race go? Or are you just a keyboard warrior jerk?

To be fair that photo isnt great.

The run was ~1km short so he either avg 4min ks = 1.20ish or ran a 1.24 = 4.10 pace...

I must admit I have been a bit shocked at some of the people claiming run pbs, so he isn't alone.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FuiFui said:

How did your race go? Or are you just a keyboard warrior jerk?

Jerk or guy with a keyboard calling it as it is?

Edited by prizna
Edit to add I don't race, I'm too busy posting on here.
  • Like 1

On 15/09/2018 at 8:07 PM, RunBrettRun said:

To be fair that photo isnt great.

The run was ~1km short so he either avg 4min ks = 1.20ish or ran a 1.24 = 4.10 pace...

I must admit I have been a bit shocked at some of the people claiming run pbs, so he isn't alone.

I’m trying to work out where I said it was a pb. But let’s not get facts in the way of your story. 

12 minutes ago, Jezza78 said:

I’m trying to work out where I said it was a pb. But let’s not get facts in the way of your story. 

I said others were claiming pbs.  You claimed to hold 4min ks for a 1.24 over 20km in nice cool conditions.

I have no story to tell champ I'm just a keyboard warrior.  Dont let me ruin the story you're telling.

Race entries open for 2019. It was nice that they used the same source and supplier of Rain as per the previous Cairns races.😋

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 4:30 PM, -H- said:

For the record, Cranky, you won't learn much about me by watching Rake!  A lawyer with a ****ed up personal life, nothing like me at all 😜 

I am not sure on that?. I have been watching Suits with Megan Markle lately. I could imagine H in a corporate environment.😉

5 hours ago, Chuckie M said:

I am not sure on that?. I have been watching Suits with Megan Markle lately. I could imagine H in a corporate environment.😉

I love Suits!!! Now waiting for season 8!

Watched 10 mins of Rake. It didn't grab me.  Should I persist?

I would stick with it if you can. It's raw Aus comedy/drama that will grow on you 😉

14 hours ago, Tyno said:

No.

This series of Rake not the best but check on this weeks “Hard Quiz” has Stuart with his expert subject of Ironman World Champs 

I watched the end to the whole Rake saga . Maybe H will end being the Chief Justice of Australia like Cleaver Greene one day? 😉