Suburban Kid

Will this fit?

Hey All,

I'm not too bike techy, so I thought I'd ask a question. 

I have a Quintana Roo with a SRAM Rival Groupset - with a 10 speed cassette / 11-25 tooth / 50-34 chainring (I think)

I have a training tyre that I want to use on the trainer rather than my racing ones. I can get a Shimano 105 5800 11 speed for $50, which seems cheap enough.

Will that work on the new tyre and with my existing setup on the TT bike? Or would I be better upgrading the cassette on my TT bike, and moving the SRAM existing to the training tyre?

HELP!

simply you can not run a 11 speed cassette on a bike with 10 speed chain and shifters

On your training wheel you will need a 10 speed cassette as that needs to match the bike set-up. You can run either sram and shimano but has to be 10 speed

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Suburban Kid said:

Is there much benefit on an 11 speed VS 10 speed?

one more gear? often less of a jump between gears..

someone probably has a 10sp cassette lying around.. probably willi ir Roxii

11 minutes ago, Suburban Kid said:

Is there much benefit on an 11 speed VS 10 speed?

simply no

the only advantage is either in range ie can run a larger/smaller gear, or smaller gaps between gears.

I have one 10 speed and one 11 speed bike and no real difference in range

I have a few cassette's lying around... send me an address and I'll send you one

Or if you're just using it on a smart trainer with Erg mode then don't worry about it. I currently have my old roadie in my trainer and it's an 8 speed but I've thrown on a wheel with a 10 speed cassette. I only get three usable gears but they're in the right range and the erg does the rest!

Edit to add: Disclaimer, I might be doing horrific damage to my groupset... I'm not a mechanic!

Edited by monkie