Sign in to follow this  
oldschool69#2

The Photo Thread

NOw I’ve never been a photographer at all but I do like looking at photos that interest me 

Mainly ocean shots and old school shots from where I grew up , last night I saw some photos that a local girl took from out the front of our place and thought they where pretty cool so I thought I start a page for people to post photos that they like any way enjoy 

Croobyar rd by night

B5618743-46DF-49F1-8219-63317B3E572D.jpeg

741C4097-40CE-4C04-A617-4FD0B5E635F9.jpeg

24E953E2-71B6-4F8D-810A-888DFE69AF2D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I assume it's Cebu in the Philippines, same place that I did it. That little boat looks the same style. Beautiful animals up close. 

they are just amazing creatures, I've had the pleasure of diving with them several times over here in Exmouth and coral bay.  Awesome experience for you A2K

I recently swam with Manta Rays in Bali which was also awesome.

Add to that swimming with turtles and sea snakes off Apo Island in the Philippines. And last but not least swimming inside a bait ball off Moalboal also in the Philippines.

Since we're posting photos of whale sharks...

This was on Nigaloo Reef just off Exmouth in WA. Definitely one of the best places I've been in Australia.

P6130151 edit.jpg

• Like 3

This is still my favourite photo my wife took.  She's a bit of a Photoshop genius these days.  But this was old old school.  Taken with a semi manual Canon A1.  Rolled her own black and white film, developed at home in the toilet I converted to a dark room.  Printed with her own enlarger with all the burning and dodging done with hand tools.

Anyone from Brissie wanna guess where this is?

IMG_20180811_070539_1.jpg

• Like 1

It's some old church up on Jubilee terrace (I think that's the road), near the Hale St bypass, though I don't think the bypass was there then.  She had a friend that lived near there.

32 minutes ago, goughy said:

It's some old church up on Jubilee terrace (I think that's the road), near the Hale St bypass, though I don't think the bypass was there then.  She had a friend that lived near there.

Do you mean the Catholic church on Musgrave Rd. I should have known that one. I used to ride past it every day.

redhill-church-smaller.jpg

That must be it.  I know it's up that way somewhere or other.  I wasn't there when she took the pics.

10 minutes ago, goughy said:

That must be it.  I know it's up that way somewhere or other.  I wasn't there when she took the pics.

It's on the left heading west up the hill from the Normanby. I think it's actually the Jubilee Parish church. That's probably where you got Jubilee Tce from.

• Like 1