Jump to content
James

Who??

Recommended Posts

Former swimming, triathlon coach accused of inappropriate touching
Tom Chamberlin, The Courier-Mail
an hour ago
•  
•  
•  
A FORMER swimming and triathlon coach has been charged with indecent dealing relating to incidents that allegedly happened in the Brisbane area in the 1990s.
The man, now 55, previously worked in the Clayfield, Virginia and Nudgee areas as a coach.
“It will be alleged a man inappropriately touch a girl known to him,” a police statement said today.
He has been charged with three counts of indecent dealing with a child under the age of 16 and is due to appear in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on September 4.
Investigators are appealing to anyone who may have information about similar behaviour to contact Policelink on 131 444 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it utterly beyond comprehension why an adult male feels as though he is entitled to molest a child or anyone for that matter.  this is the one thing that sends chills down my spine and makes me so mad.  Its gross, these are children who should not be subjected to this predatory behavior.  I could not be a cop because the sick bastards would not make it to court.

This and rape.  If he is guilty he should be shot and not waste our tax payers money on.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I trained out of the Clayfield college pool in the mid 90’s, i guess lots know who the coach was. But i did not see any inappropriate touching going on. Well the only thing i can remember is doing hard laps and then the coach would hold a hr strap over your chest until his watch would pick up your hr. Later they developed a handle for the hr strap which kept their hands off your chest, maybe this was in response to some parent feedback

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, James said:

I trained out of the Clayfield college pool in the mid 90’s, i guess lots know who the coach was. But i did not see any inappropriate touching going on. Well the only thing i can remember is doing hard laps and then the coach would hold a hr strap over your chest until his watch would pick up your hr. Later they developed a handle for the hr strap which kept their hands off your chest, maybe this was in response to some parent feedback

James, I trained there too when I lived and worked in BrisVegas 92 to 95. I didn't see anything inappropriate going on either. Great training group and great sessions. My swimming improved out of sight when I trained in that group. The HR handle thing was developed by a Vietnam veteran who trained with the squad. Did you ever do the rides up to Caboulture and back for intervals at the velodrome?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

James, I trained there too when I lived and worked in BrisVegas 92 to 95. I didn't see anything inappropriate going on either. Great training group and great sessions. My swimming improved out of sight when I trained in that group. The HR handle thing was developed by a Vietnam veteran who trained with the squad. Did you ever do the rides up to Caboulture and back for intervals at the velodrome?  

They tend not to do it openly so everyone can see

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The people who knew the person will know by now.

We're going through a situation where a teacher at my kid's former school being arrested for possession and making of material he should not have had - search warrants executed on his residence during the last school holidays.  While his name has not been published officially, there was enough knowledge among the school for the school to have to put out official communication to the parents.  So glad we made the move out of the school before our kids had him as a teacher or went on "school camp" with him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a school governor back in the UK... we had a situation that meant we needed to suspend three male members of staff. The community made an "obvious" leap which was totally wrong and meant that they, and I, needed to be protected by the police for a short time.

So please don't jump to conclusions and allow the justice system to do its thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, monkie said:

So please don't jump to conclusions and allow the justice system to do its thing. 

I'm going through something similar at the moment... Only someone has been leaving false statements online and I been receiving abuse via live chat. All because I left an unfavourable review for a company on Facebook after some less than encouraging contact with said company. Email, online chat and phone calls. Some of the chat's are below (the ones that weren't so disgusting I wouldn't post them). It's very easy for someone to come up with a bullshit story to rubbish your name. It's a very hard thing to recover from if you did no wrong. People still think you did it regardless.

The guy who's doing is an absolute nutter. He was dumb enough to call me from his office phone (that links to the bad review and him being the founder/managing director) once and forgot to put it on silent. I had two customers in the store at the time and had it on speaker phone while he went off his nut. I got straight on another phone and called, he picked up and told me who he was and his position at the company.

EDIT: I should add, he knows I know it's him as per this first chat, they quite often end pretty quickly because I call him out about CCTV etc... the others are some of the BS I'm dealing with. 

 

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 1.11.33 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 1.10.14 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 1.10.06 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 1.09.53 pm.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×