Sign in to follow this  
AP

Triathlon history

40 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Brilliant post Al, but I can't agree completely with this one. The best coach I ever had was Col Stewart. He couldn't run out of sight on a dark night, but he got great results. He groomed some outstanding athletes as well.

Groomed?

And lorry Lawrence...... Hell, could he even swim?  Can sutto ride a bike?

No matter what anyone posts on here there'll be someone who'll find something to pick - it's so similar to having a wife - I can do a landscape job for someone else - build a pizza oven for someone else - cook a meal for someone else and they all love my work - but in all of those cases my wife can point out "room for improvement" 

Posting on Transitions is like having lots of wives 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AP said:

No matter what anyone posts on here there'll be someone who'll find something to pick - it's so similar to having a wife - I can do a landscape job for someone else - build a pizza oven for someone else - cook a meal for someone else and they all love my work - but in all of those cases my wife can point out "room for improvement" 

Posting on Transitions is like having lots of wives 🤣

mirror time

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

mirror time

Huh?

BB, that’s a required core skill for a coach 🙄

Identifying and advising how to fill that room for improvement. 

13 minutes ago, iFoz said:

Huh?

BB, that’s a required core skill for a coach 🙄

Identifying and advising how to fill that room for improvement. 

picking. On forums its basically how things happen. AP has lots of knowledge and is credible but he picks apart posts as much as anyone else. It is not a problem its just how social works. people either pick or fawn

Edited by BarryBevan

13 hours ago, AP said:

Here it is

* Set a goal that will stretch you - something that will have to be worked for - not just turning up for a race - set an outcome goal

* Work on the process in each sport - get the technique right in each sport and put that goal in front of fitness - fitness with poor technique is worthless

* Get your diet sorted - get used to the sort of diet that will have you within 2kg of race weight all year

* Support your diet with supplements which help recovery and support your immune system

* As you get older train more carefully - when you're 55 you can't train like your 25 - if you're over 45 running two days in a row is asking for trouble

* Set your alarm for 4am - get up withing 20sec - be dressed within 3min 

* When someone gives you free advice check that they follow it themselves - there are too many "experts" in this sport who became "experts" by reading about it

* If you engage a coach make sure he/she looks fit and lean - your coach needs to lead by example - how can a fat, lazy coach inspire anyone

* Focus on recovery - if you need a day off take it - when you're on the start line no one's going to ask to see your training diary

* Stop measuring and recording everything - train for time more often than for pace 

* Don't give free advice unless you live it yourself - it takes a long time to become an expert at anything

* Be patient - it takes years to become an accomplished endurance athlete - OD races are 98% endurance so work on endurance first

* If you have an unsatisfying race - take responsibility yourself - don't look for something outside of yourself to blame

* This game is 70% mental - work at becoming the sort of athlete you would admire - HTFU 

See......You’ll miss out on gems like this if you piss the tiger off!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, goughy said:

And lorry Lawrence...... Hell, could he even swim?  Can sutto ride a bike?

Goughy, Laurie Lawrence did alright as a sportsman. Played rugby for Australia back in the early 1960's and can swim. Did it all with 1 and a half lungs too. 

• Like 1

On 09/08/2018 at 11:50 PM, AP said:

Here it is

* Set a goal that will stretch you - something that will have to be worked for - not just turning up for a race - set an outcome goal

* Work on the process in each sport - get the technique right in each sport and put that goal in front of fitness - fitness with poor technique is worthless

* Get your diet sorted - get used to the sort of diet that will have you within 2kg of race weight all year

* Support your diet with supplements which help recovery and support your immune system

* As you get older train more carefully - when you're 55 you can't train like your 25 - if you're over 45 running two days in a row is asking for trouble

* Set your alarm for 4am - get up withing 20sec - be dressed within 3min 

* When someone gives you free advice check that they follow it themselves - there are too many "experts" in this sport who became "experts" by reading about it

* If you engage a coach make sure he/she looks fit and lean - your coach needs to lead by example - how can a fat, lazy coach inspire anyone

* Focus on recovery - if you need a day off take it - when you're on the start line no one's going to ask to see your training diary

* Stop measuring and recording everything - train for time more often than for pace 

* Don't give free advice unless you live it yourself - it takes a long time to become an expert at anything

* Be patient - it takes years to become an accomplished endurance athlete - OD races are 98% endurance so work on endurance first

* If you have an unsatisfying race - take responsibility yourself - don't look for something outside of yourself to blame

* This game is 70% mental - work at becoming the sort of athlete you would admire - HTFU 

I take issue with points 7 and 11 - they are the same 😂

I think Spirig, Snowsil, Ryf and Wellington would disagree with you on point 8.

On your last point, 72% of statistics are made up.

BTW, slagging off Erin Baker in your opening post was an immature act.

Edited by The Customer

On 10/08/2018 at 7:27 AM, BarryBevan said:

mirror time

Maybe AP needs to install a room of mirrors in his own back yard (if his wife lets him).

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Maybe AP needs to install a room of mirrors in his own back yard (if his wife lets him).

I’m sure he’ll look into it! 

*boom-tish*

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, roxii said:

I’m sure he’ll look into it! 

*boom-tish*

Do you really think that was funny?  Take some time to reflect.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Do you really think that was funny?  Take some time to reflect.

Am I being a pane? 

21 minutes ago, roxii said:

Am I being a pane? 

No, in fact you're being the fairest of them all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Customer said:

I think Spirig, Snowsil, Ryf and Wellington would disagree with you on point 8.

Actually, Sutton was quite a fit guy. He was a professional boxer at one stage.

52 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Actually, Sutton was quite a fit guy. He was a professional boxer at one stage.

He was a jack of all trades when it came to sport and his sister was an exceptional golfer too - funny story about her skills 😂