Sign in to follow this  
Merv

Do as i say, Dont do as I do.

I worked with ny boss before he got promoted.  I knew him to be lazy and devious, so wasnt surprised to see him get where he is.

Last long weekend he had some painting to be done at home a nd asked my advice.

I told him what was required and hed need to allow more time for it.

He was quite coy about the project when approached.  I understand from another he did one coat of paint. No prep. Done.

• Haha 1

It'll come back to bite them.

We had our plasterer on a previous reno tell me about a job he had the week before.  Very prominent AFL player and fox footy commentator with initials of DB thought he would do his own renos, put up the plaster board with just the screws, sanded, painted and then wondered why the "walls fell off" a few weeks later.  He paid for the professionals the second time

We witnessed a classic case of zero prep in our building in Qatar. 

Day 1 and ten days later.

2F7FA62B-60C7-436D-B784-1B9C08EE53DF.jpeg

C8527289-A4E2-418B-AFFC-2297423BC28E.jpeg

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Wronggenes said:

Pink is the undercoat paint, it changes colour as it drys so you know where you have undercoated.

Ok, now that's clever.

I've seen a ceiling prep one with something similar, now you say it.

5 hours ago, iFoz said:

We witnessed a classic case of zero prep in our building in Qatar. 

Day 1 and ten days later.

2F7FA62B-60C7-436D-B784-1B9C08EE53DF.jpeg

lC8527289-A4E2-418B-AFFC-2297423BC28E.jpeg

Looks like mould coming through the paint?  Watched a very interesting episode of Forensic Files on Netflix y'day where an American family got very sick (some permanent damage) from 11 !!!! leaking pipes (fcking subbies :lol:) in their mansion causing mycoplasma toxicity (from mould) poisoning.  Their insurance company kept stalling their attempts to rectify, eventually they had to abandon the property.  They sued insurance company for $6M (the value of their property) but were awarded $32M due to permanent health damage!

Got told at work this week by another contractor I was "going into too much depth" in trying to validate his figures - fcuk off you lazy @#$%^@%.  Do it properly or don't bother.

• Like 1

I used to look at ceiling mould and think it was the result of conditions within the room, until a builder pointed out it is more likely a poorly ventilated roof, and mould penetrating the gyprock from the other side.

• Like 1

Before I re built our last house it was a old fibro 1953 built shack I kept putting of the build for a couple years the wife kept hassling me to start , it got to the point of pots and pans on the floors to catch the leaks 😂😂

the final straw was we both ended up in hospital with pneumonia! Mold in windows etc wasn’t good

I have heard mold is more dangerous then asbestos and I believe it to, 

• Like 1