Sign in to follow this  
The new guy

Movie night - We Are Triathletes

17 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

What is it?? 

It's past 7pm... I'm out. 

Is that why your phone is off old boy? 

• Thanks 1

Just got home from watching it in Brisbane. All the big guns were there, saw AP as I was heading in. I thought it was.... not bad. Worth seeing but not the best documentary I've ever seen. I wonder why it took 4 years to release? 

11 hours ago, willie said:

Is that why your phone is off old boy? 

Yep. 

3am wake up. 

2:15 - 2:30 am yesterday. 

Getting it done 😎🤘

No missed calls though lad. All good. 👍

Edited by FFF1077
🦄

2 minutes ago, willie said:

Haha, check again ;)

7.33 and 8.39 ;)

Try now 

I was also at the Newcastle session last night. I thought it was quiet good, but agree with comments re 4 years ago. 

Cheers

NSF

16 hours ago, A2K said:

Just got home from watching it in Brisbane. All the big guns were there, saw AP as I was heading in. I thought it was.... not bad. Worth seeing but not the best documentary I've ever seen. I wonder why it took 4 years to release? 

Yeah it was a pretty routine triathlon doco.

5 minutes ago, zed said:

Yeah it was a pretty routine triathlon doco.

What did you expect?

I thought it was pretty good - I was entertained - wasn't the Chinese guy a serious insect - seriously committed triathlete stuck at it and got results 😎

45 minutes ago, AP said:

I thought it was pretty good - I was entertained - wasn't the Chinese guy a serious insect - seriously committed triathlete stuck at it and got results 😎

Never seen anyone sweat so much 😂

2 hours ago, AP said:

I must admit I really liked his office!

Its a shame they didn't follow up on Sister MB or give a bit more insight to her achievements.

I don't think Madona Buder finished

8 hours ago, Notsofast said:

I was also at the Newcastle session last night. I thought it was quiet good, but agree with comments re 4 years ago. 

Cheers

NSF

It got much better once they realised the sound was turned off!!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, pieman said:

What did you expect?

Warts and all. Luke Mckenzie doing lines off strippers backs post Kona, Sunny Garcia punching on in T1, shi!t like that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AP said:

Ha ha yeah he was pretty focussed.

38 minutes ago, zed said:

Warts and all. Luke Mckenzie doing lines off strippers backs post Kona, Sunny Garcia punching on in T1, shi!t like that.

We are sort of trying to make a niche sport interesting to people and it's sort of not. Despite triathlons desire to have people watch it, it really appeals to triathletes.

Think a better movie could be drama based on Mark and Dave. This should be nicely dramatic and be casual with the truth, but tell a story that is interesting.

1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

Think a better movie could be drama based on Mark and Dave. This should be nicely dramatic and be casual with the truth, but tell a story that is interesting.

Iron-war is a fascinating book. Dave Scott is/was an odd fish for sure. Considering the lack of knowledge and lack of bike technology back then, the times those guys got were insane. Mark Allen would still hold the run split record if they'd had timing mats back then.