So, the other night Katz and I were at my parents house and I was showing her a photo up on the wall that dad took at IMWA in 2013.  He won a big award for it and is rightfully proud but I was having a laugh pointing out how many were touching and staring at their watches when we noticed something else in the hands of a competitor near the bottom of the photo.

Almost five years ago is it in any way worth bringing to the attention of the current RD?  Does anyone know the competitor in question?  I won't use his name but it's easy to find through past results.

IMAG2527.jpg

• Haha 1

That is pretty amazing to be that blantand in cheating

I would forward to the organisers and TWA

I am the worst for holding on to things, and never letting things go and hanging onto the past!

Tar and feather the ****er!  Out her in all the forums and on FB!  Never let the guy get a peaceful night's rest again!  ****ing WA cheaters!  Mark Robson's treatment on here should pale in comparison to what we do to this guy!

Or, be better than me.  Have a laugh that it took you 5 years to see it!

Edited by goughy

26 minutes ago, rory-dognz said:

That is pretty amazing to be that blantand in cheating

Which is why I find it weird that there aren't people around him who said anything to officials at the time apparently.

4 minutes ago, zed said:

They definitely paddles?

And gloves of some sort it would seem.

3 minutes ago, goughy said:

I am the quest for holding on to things, and never letting things go and hanging onto the past!

Tar and feather the ****er!  Out her in all the forums and on FB!  Never let the guy get a peaceful night's rest again!  ****ing WA cheaters!  Mark Robson's treatment on here should pale in comparison to what we do to this guy!

Or, be better than me.  Have a laugh that it took you 5 years to see it!

He was (significantly) faster than me so it fits in with my plan to find a way to DQ everyone until I am declared the rightful winner.  I'm sure somebody from Slowtwitch will visit shortly and then my work will be done.

2 minutes ago, KieranR said:

I'd report it....i dont like cheaters

Pretty much the only reason I care at all.

5 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Check to see whether the guy is still racing. If not, don't bother. If he is, burn him.

Just raced IM Boulder, still swims like a brick.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KieranR said:

whats was his swim time in boulder?

1:43 which seems consistent with most of his other IM swims except this and New York where he went 56 minutes, but that was a hell of a current from memory.

Swam a 1.40 2015 IMWA. Funny, in 2013 he's representing Argentina, in 2018 he's representing Belgium.

Guest FFF1077
1 minute ago, zed said:

Swam a 1.40 2015 IMWA. Funny, in 2013 he's representing Argentina, in 2018 he's representing Belgium.

Maybe it was a problem with his Garmin...? LOL 

I don't want to name him but I'll give you all the details you need to find out. If you didn't want him to be named you wouldn't have posted the year of the event. If the internet gets on to this and the dude cops backlash it's on you. If you actually cared about the issue you could have easily reported it to an organisation not outed him online. If you want to be a dick be one don't hide it.

8 minutes ago, prizna said:

I don't want to name him but I'll give you all the details you need to find out. If you didn't want him to be named you wouldn't have posted the year of the event. If the internet gets on to this and the dude cops backlash it's on you. If you actually cared about the issue you could have easily reported it to an organisation not outed him online. If you want to be a dick be one don't hide it.

This is blatant premeditated cheating, not random opportunists getting an advantage.

This is no different to taking drugs or a motor on the bike.

2 hours ago, zed said:

Actually, ARE is United Arab Emirates.

14 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Actually, ARE is United Arab Emirates.

Well that's ok then. Anything goes in the UAE! Lol.

1 hour ago, prizna said:

LOL.

Those swim caps were only used for one year, I'm not sure omitting the year (which was relevant to the time lapsed question) would've hidden anything.  This dick WAS a dick.  If anything comes down on him it is 100% on him.

Has the photo been removed? I cant see it.

Edit...just loaded up.  That's gold.

Edited by RunBrettRun

1 minute ago, RunBrettRun said:

Has the photo been removed? I cant see it.

Still there for me... try here: IMAG2527.jpg.98c148bc49c08536eaf8ed7752a

42 minutes ago, Stikman said:

Those swim caps were only used for one year

We had red caps in 2012 too, Stikman.

Just now, Turts said:

It's so obvious, why did no one see it  at the time?  Weird. 

All in their own m2 

Just now, Turts said:

It's so obvious, why did no one see it  at the time?  Weird. 

Too many bloody people just worrying about their own square meter. Dang it! 

Just now, roxii said:

All in their own m2 

Just now, Turts said:

Too many bloody people just worrying about their own square meter. Dang it! 

Snap! 

1 hour ago, Tyno said:

We had red caps in 2012 too, Stikman.

I didn't race in 2012 so I don't remember that.  I guess it's a good job I did name the year then otherwise somebody innocent might be copping the flack.

57 minutes ago, monkie said:

It's escaped onto Facebook...

Link link link link lino link link

Please?

🍿

48 minutes ago, roxii said:

It was put on the T4 Bondi tri crew page by Jay Luke (Emo’s commentator) 

Got it. That one ain't a closed group

15 hours ago, KieranR said:

how do you find all his results?

This bothers me that hes a cheat and still racing

There was a guy that raced Forster each year with paddles. He had permission due to a hand deformities.  

This guy could be the same. 

36 minutes ago, Peter said:

There was a guy that raced Forster each year with paddles. He had permission due to a hand deformities.  

This guy could be the same. 

Could be. Although it appears that the paddles give him a significant advantage and he didn't wear them every year. So maybe he wore them in 2013 and wasn't allowed to wear them after that because of the advantage... But Occam's Razor would suggest cheating.

Just now, Peter said:

Could have had a broken finger and needed them?

Yep. All possible I agree (although if a broken finger gets you 22 mins off your swim time then I'm up for it). But the simplest explanation is often the correct one...

11 minutes ago, Peter said:

Could have had a broken finger and needed them?

Have you ever swum with paddles, and a broken finger? I did with a dislocated one, and it was heaps worse than without paddles.

Next excuse please.

The first thing I thought was I wonder if he is one  of those with a medical dispensation because he isnt even trying to hide it I mean he has bright yellow paddles on... 

but then I figured, nah, he's probably just so up himself and sure that nobody will take him to task about it that he just does it blatantly...

• Haha 1

but then I figured, nah, he's probably just so up himself and sure that nobody will take him to task about it that he just does it blatantly...

He would have thought twice if he had of realised the Transitions crew would get a hold of it and write 20 pages about it 🙄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AP said:

He would have thought twice if he had of realised the Transitions crew would get a hold of it and write 20 pages about it 🙄

.... 5 years after the fact.

• Like 1

I'm not sure 3.8km with paddles is an advantage, my shoulders would blow up half way trying that and i would be dog paddling home.

8 minutes ago, Gilliga said:

I'm not sure 3.8km with paddles is an advantage, my shoulders would blow up half way trying that and i would be dog paddling home.

Yeah but the first 1km it could help! Then just slip into a nice breaststroke!

• Haha 1