Anyone bother to look at his swim exit pics?

If it's legit he'll still have the gear. If not, he would have tossed them. Far more scrutiny of individuals at swim exit

17 minutes ago, Turts said:

Anyone bother to look at his swim exit pics?

If it's legit he'll still have the gear. If not, he would have tossed them. Far more scrutiny of individuals at swim exit

Gloves but no paddles. Or they're hidden.

image.png.effc26937cda5bbc3de1030ee1a12504.png

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

I thought gloves were banned too? But haven't bothered to look it up, someone will know ūüė¨

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gilliga said:

I'm not sure 3.8km with paddles is an advantage, my shoulders would blow up half way trying that and i would be dog paddling home.

Shoulders?  Using the wrong muscles?

30 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Gloves but no paddles. Or they're hidden.

image.png.effc26937cda5bbc3de1030ee1a12504.png

What is in his hand?  It's not his cap as that was red.  This looks the same colour as the "paddles" in the original photo 

58 minutes ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Same caps for 2010 as well from memory.....

It was 2013. 

Despite everything, the water at Busso is never so cold you need to double cap.  FFS.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stikman said:

In the original photo you can see a yellow cap under the red one.

You'd see it better in the original, which you have, but in the posted photo here ,it looks like the red hat is just very tight around a baldish head.  I was also wondering whether he had special dispensation due to  deformed hands or something like that, but in the photo of him getting out of the water, his hands look perfectly normal...  

I was thinking that if he was nowhere near FOP, then I wouldn't worry about it, but if he was in my wave and had beaten me by a few secs / mins, then yeah, I be a little peeved...

3 hours ago, Stikman said:

It was 2013. 

I was just trying to reiterate your point as to why you named the year so as the person couldnt be mistaken for someone else.

• Like 1

What is the consensus on the actual race number. Is it a 5 or 9 at the end? I can't see clearly on my phone. If 9, I actually know the guy!

37 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

What is the consensus on the actual race number. Is it a 5 or 9 at the end? I can't see clearly on my phone. If 9, I actually know the guy!

It's a 9. If you put 1009 in the photos you get the guy with gloves on his hands getting out of the water.

If you know the guy, get the goss on it.

Haha. Will look into it. He's not a mate but a passing acquaintance. There are people commenting/liking on that IMJ thread that I know roll in the same circles. He will be aware of the pic by now I'm sure.