The Customer

Ryf World Record at Gdynia 70.3, Poland

Ryf 1st in a time of 3:57:54. Rinnie 2nd in 4:20:46.

Her splits were 24:35 / 2:12:27 / 1:17:40

Ryf was 7th overall, just 10mins behind men's winner, Tim O'Donnell ūüė≥

Edited by The Customer

43 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Juice anyone..... 

Ryf is dominant, we have had this with Chrissie. Not sure I'd be going to the "juice" theory. Pro triathlon is not that deep, not hear of any of the men other than O'Donnell.

It is quite a stunning race, 16 minutes on the bike over Rinny and then 4 on the run.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

It is quite a stunning race, 16 minutes on the bike over Rinny and then 4 on the run

This is the bit that has me asking questions.

Chrissy pretty much always destroyed people on the run.

Ryf somehow managed a 20 minute relative performance improvement on the run in 2 years (2014-2016) and has maintained it, while still being the uber bike stomper of the field.

I enjoy watching Daniela race, i hate how we always seem to jump to conclusion that someones cheating because they are dominant, maybe she just works harder than all her competitors, has a good coach, sticks to the plan, looks after herself and has some serious talent in the sport.  Good on her.

In the video after her race last night the guy mentions she has the WR, first thing she asked was yeah but is the course accurate.  I think shes a genuine superstar of the sport and cant wait to see her smash some of the boys in Kona.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KieranR said:

maybe she just works harder than all her competitors, has a good coach, sticks to the plan, looks after herself and has some serious talent in the sport.  Good on her.

Straight from the Armstrong playbook.

• Like 1

It’s not a world record. 

It was an amazing race by @danielaryf for sure. But "fastest ever" (3:57:55) on the 70.3 distance?

What about the following:

@hjacksonracing 3:57:20 at 70.3 Calgary 2017 or 

@helle_f 3:55:50 at Challenge Bahrain 2014.

• Thanks 1

surely it is possible that she is getting better/stronger after a few years in the long distances AND that Rinny is getting worse as she has been struck with something that most of us have (New parent lackoftrainingitis)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pieman said:

surely it is possible

you know what they say about possible :)

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, KieranR said:

Is it? Never read it

Armstrong used to pay people to flood message boards & comments sections of articles to say that he was the best because he worked the hardest & prepared better than anyone. 

18 hours ago, Nick777 said:

Armstrong used to pay people to flood message boards & comments sections of articles to say that he was the best because he worked the hardest & prepared better than anyone. 

He is still better than Froome

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well of course he is.  Armstrong didn't have to contend with debilitating asthma.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2