Jump to content
A2K

Am I turning into a right winger?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, A2K said:

I don't know if that's true or not but let's just say it is. Why not attend her talk and confront her with this allegation. Put her on the spot in front of everyone and challenge her to dispute that claim. 

Re freedom of speech in Australia I'm not sure I understand. You mean it's not in the constitution? If so then I hope you agree that a right wing organisation has every right to shut down a left wing speaker? 

They do have the right. I'm okay with people shutting down people who are undermining safety of women from sexual violence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

They do have the right. I'm okay with people shutting down people who are undermining safety of women from sexual violence.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation when you tell Bettina Arndt she's undermining the safety of women from sexual violence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, A2K said:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation when you tell Bettina Arndt she's undermining the safety of women from sexual violence.

Why is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody needs to calm down. That's basically it. 

The political discourse is increasingly being dominated by the extremes on either side when actually most folk sit mostly around the middle (with enough of a range to keep things interesting) and are largely happy for everybody else to carry on doing their own thing as long as they're not hurting anybody.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BB if I understand your argument you're saying that Bettina Arndt has some weird agenda? 

Watch this then tell me she's deliberately lieing and the research she refers to is lies all because of some weird agenda. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not lived in Aus for 5 years so was a bit behind on Bettina Arndt's work/research. Spent some time watching her videos over last couple of days and must say, I agree with her. Women's liberation should not be about a woman's right to walk around half dressed. Dress properly and demonstrate that you have self-respect. In return, the World will treat you more respectfully.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Customer said:

I've not lived in Aus for 5 years so was a bit behind on Bettina Arndt's work/research. Spent some time watching her videos over last couple of days and must say, I agree with her. Women's liberation should not be about a woman's right to walk around half dressed. Dress properly and demonstrate that you have self-respect. In return, the World will treat you more respectfully.

In OZ you don't have the right to free speech,  you do you have the right to dress, half dress. I don't respect any person any more or less for how they dress.

Did anyone say women's liberation was about the right to walk around half dressed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm halfway between Churchill and Trump. 

I'm happy with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/08/2018 at 2:58 PM, IronJimbo said:

Well you're talking about people who think that despite packing meat and two veg downstairs and having a body full of X chromosomes, you can still call yourself a woman if you like

And then they call the other side 'anti-science'

So, yeah.  They are...

 

*Disclaimer*  Of course the far right are also a bunch of arse-hats

Having a pair of X chromosomes is the normal female complement so I'm struggling to see your point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Penned in the early '70s and probably more relevant now

Now they're planning the crime of the century
Well what will it be? 
Read all about their schemes and adventuring
It's well worth a fee
So roll up and see
And they rape the universe
How they've gone from bad to worse
Who are these men of lust, greed, and glory? 
Rip off the masks and let see
But that's no right oh no, what's the story? 
But there's you and there's me
That can't be right...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Paul Every said:

Having a pair of X chromosomes is the normal female complement so I'm struggling to see your point.

My mistake.  Substitute X for Y

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×