Sign in to follow this  
Merv

Russell Returns

Sunday night .  Wonder if americans get him like australians do.

I didn't think there were any other survivor fans on here.

I'm tipping a med-evac as i remember on his instagram in april/may (when filming was happening) that he was in the USA with a boot on his ankle. That aside he has always sucked at social game and i think he'll be even worse in an aussie game where social so far has been the most important.

Assuming Merv means Russell Coight, not the dude in the 90's fashion on survivor!

• Like 2

correct.

I love how he can attempt to teach bush craft to street kids and the end up aiming a rifle at him

It's a yankee who's on the new season of Aussie survivor!  Spose to be the most evil person to play or something.  Has gotten to the final a few times I think but never actually won.

Clearly, cause even with an immunity idol and playing the camp like a fiddle he got bored out tonight (didn't play the idol).  Still proclaimed he played the game the right way, it just didn't come off!!

Coighty is funny but his jokes are a bit old and predictable now. Good change from the constant US TV series that are on though. 

I would love to watch this series of Survivor but it's on too late. Might have to sus out the show on the app? Ten Play?? Or the catch ups on the weekend. It's trashy but I love it. 

7.30pm too late???? What the hell are you, a triathlete or something going to bed early or something???

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, goughy said:

Clearly, cause even with an immunity idol and playing the camp like a fiddle he got bored out tonight (didn't play the idol).  Still proclaimed he played the game the right way, it just didn't come off!!

Agree he played well. 

Just didn’t go right. 

Shame he’s out already 

For a guy who keeps claiming he's the greatest player in the history of the game...... he ain't very good when it counts.

My take: is because he ruffles feathers hence he keeps being invited back.

His record is 0 from 4.

very excited to see him first off last night.

I gather in the others he for a long way, or to the final.  But what he does to get there costs him the win.  Not that I've watched for a long time, but is still say the best ever "player" was the first winner, Richard Hatch.  But after that one, people had their eye out for the strategic people.  My fav was the diver player who won Africa, just stayed an all round nice guy the whole time.  And liked the two in the final of the US Australia season 

Maybe my expectations of Russell were too high.  Didn't seem as funny as the last series.

Only saw a little bit of it, but was he "putting on" more of a voice than he used to?  

We lasted 2mins. Sadly not funny.

On 06/08/2018 at 8:07 AM, goughy said:

Only saw a little bit of it, but was he "putting on" more of a voice than he used to?  

Yep we commented on the voice too - wonder why they changed it...