Pencil_Towel

Paris Gay Games

1 hour ago, Pencil_Towel said:

https://www.paris2018.com/gay-games/

Not for one minute discriminating against them for holding these.

But with different sectors of society breaking off and doing their own thing, will we see a FULLY drug taking games soon?

And could you imagine the outrage if there was a Heterosexual Games organised?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think  you're all missing the point of the event - anyone can participate in an open and non-judgemental environment. Bit like anyone can go to Mardi Gras. It's more of a raising public awareness exercise.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stikman said:

How do they tell if you qualify?

A Dragons jersey is usually a bit of a giveaway

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Customer said:

I think  you're all missing the point of the event - anyone can participate in an open and non-judgemental environment. Bit like anyone can go to Mardi Gras. It's more of a raising public awareness exercise.

I understand the point they are making,  but wasn't that the purpose of the Oympic games?

Or are the Paris Gay Games having more than 2 gender categories? Than yes, i am missing the point.

The whole thing just promotes segregation, not inclusion. If thats what they are aiming for, good luck to them. 

5 hours ago, Prince said:

The whole thing just promotes segregation, not inclusion. If thats what they are aiming for, good luck to them. 

No Prince.  No.

The best way for society to become inclusive is by holding events like these which highlight our differences...

On 03/08/2018 at 5:55 AM, IronJimbo said:

A Dragons jersey is usually a bit of a giveaway

You should have met Skull. The two of you would have gotten along like a house on fire. Your house ... 😂

On 03/08/2018 at 9:34 AM, Prince said:

Why? I go to pride events and Mardi Gras all the time. Everybody is welcome. Just because something is a celebration of Gay athletes (although you don't have to be gay to enter) it doesn't mean it's doing anybody down.

This comment reminds me of all the people who pipe up on International Women's Day with "When's international men's day?" or "I bet there would be outrage if there was an International Men's Day!"

P.S. There is, it's on the 19th November.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1