prizna

What training did you do today...

1 hour ago, Suburban Kid said:

I also think I need some new shoes I'm currently running in Nike Flyknit Racers

Talk to Willie.

5 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Easy week for me. Struck down with flu last sunday night.  Was not well and sore.

Wednesday - 20min Run + Gym in Arvo

Thursday - 30min Run + Trainer Bike Session in arvo

Friday - Gym and Treadmill (5x1km - 3:44/3:44/3:38/3:38/3:30)

Saturday - 70min Run + 20min DWR - 90min Bike after work

Sunday - 2hr on trainer then run off bike which was 7.5km loop (26:30) - DWR this afternoon.  

Gonna be pedantic and say you had a bad cold or virus. Not the flu...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Gonna be pedantic and say you had a bad cold or virus. Not the flu...

Doc said Flu. But then again docs get it wrong.  

4 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Docs also give antibiotics to people who have a cold. Which is a virus. 

Sometimes they just use common language.

I reckon if it was a true flu, you wouldn't have done the training u did. 

But they are all viruses, and the doc won't really care which one it is. 

Then theres man flu. That's different. 

6 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Good training anyway though. 

14 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Yeh, real flu is in bed not moving for days.

Don't usually post here as my training is wussy these days, but y'day the Mrs & I did the Sufferfest 30min TT on the windtrainers.  It hurt quite a lot.  HR only got to 152 max, but holding over 148 for that long was tough, and I was mostly using gears which limited my cadence to 72-90 (i.e. trying the Sutton school of TT, not matching the cadence of the cyclists on the screen which was 100+). 

There are some nice politically-incorrect sexist moments in that Sufferfest vid too ;)

• Like 1

1K in the pool at lunch. Finally I can see my speed starting to increase. A fortnight now since I've returned to the pool.

Some guy was doing a weird thing in the lanes. The pool was mostly empty, but a guy was swimming down the right of one lane....then going under the lane rope and swimming up the right of my lane...basically swimming in two lanes. 

Fortunately I could change lanes entirely due to the emptiness of the pool so I didn't have to put up with that weird behaviour while trying to do my laps. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2km swim... been listening to the Tower26 podcast and making some stroke adjustments... apparently when I breathe more, I'm shorter on breath? 

At any rate, I've been able to knock off 5 seconds or so per 100m. Need to spend a bunch of time reinforcing changes and getting used to it.

3 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Don't usually post here as my training is wussy these days, but y'day the Mrs & I did the Sufferfest 30min TT on the windtrainers.  It hurt quite a lot.  HR only got to 152 max, but holding over 148 for that long was tough, and I was mostly using gears which limited my cadence to 72-90 (i.e. trying the Sutton school of TT, not matching the cadence of the cyclists on the screen which was 100+). 

There are some nice politically-incorrect sexist moments in that Sufferfest vid too ;)

Ahh, The Long Scream, a most aptly named SF video. Twice I’ve done that on the back of The Way Out and twice I thought it was a very idea.

37 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Ahh, The Long Scream, a most aptly named SF video. Twice I’ve done that on the back of The Way Out and twice I thought it was a very idea.

Sadly, we've both decided this is probably a better session than doing a TT on the local roads given what we are aiming for (me the local sprint season, Mrs the Noosa Tri bike leg in Nov), so will be doing it more regularly :death:

Can you believe in the middle of it, she starts asking me did I cook fish on the Webber while she was away, because the Webber (which is nearest her bike) stinks.  If there was ever stronger grounds for divorce...... :lol:

58 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Sadly, we've both decided this is probably a better session than doing a TT on the local roads given what we are aiming for (me the local sprint season, Mrs the Noosa Tri bike leg in Nov), so will be doing it more regularly :death:

Can you believe in the middle of it, she starts asking me did I cook fish on the Webber while she was away, because the Webber (which is nearest her bike) stinks.  If there was ever stronger grounds for divorce...... :lol:

:lol:

I really thought Mrs FP was the only one that did that. I'll be breathing out of my phoofer valve and she's telling me about a house she saw for sale or what happened at 'whatever' and then tag teams with Flipper who keeps asking helpful questions about what's happening on the tv screen.:blowup:

• Haha 1

I zwifted myself this morning.  One lap of the innsbruck hill

I also almost threw myself off my trainer on the downhill.  Was viewing from the rider perspective and those corners got interesting at 80 clicks on the way down! 

• Haha 2

2.8km swim. Starting to feel really good in the pool. Not a huge amount faster but comfortable and 2.8km now feels like a short session!

• Like 1

More zwifting - no running for me until we fix my butt. I'm doing sessions most nights and on the weekends. 

I've started doing workouts rather than just ride. Also trying to lose more weight, 1.4kg down from last week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dislike being chunky, I dislike the work to unchunckafy, I like what makes me chunky.....

• Haha 2

i woke up super early to a vomiting kid in one room and then the other comes out and says Dad, i wet the bed, wheeled the bike back to the bike room, cleaned up vomit and then changed the others bed.

Guess ill zwift tonight

• Like 1

My 2 days of nuthin' on the weekend are costing me dearly. Physio appointment later today to look at my shoulder & back. Seems working with the heavy pavers has set off the impingement issues I've been keeping at bay over the Winter with lots of stretching & exercise. I hope this doesn't take long to settle down.

5 hours ago, goughy said:

I dislike being chunky, I dislike the work to unchunckafy, I like what makes me chunky.....

Same!! Chunky burgers make me chunky, but I like chunky burgers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

My chunk is disappearing.

1 hour pilates last night with local physio, 70min wind trainer this morning.

cry me a river  Mr.11% body fat... come join the 20+ club then you can call yourself chunky :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, willie said:

cry me a river  Mr.11% body fat... come join the 20+ club then you can call yourself chunky :P

Oh for a 20% range body.....

FM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willie said:

You're right, my girlfriend just calls it cuddly.

Regardless, it hurt's t just as much to get rid of it.

90min trainer set last night and 14k run this morning with some 1k 70.3 paced efforts.  Starting to feel strong.  Pilates tonight before an easier day tomorrow to lead into the weekend.  Come at me busso!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RunBrettRun said:

90min trainer set last night and 14k run this morning with some 1k 70.3 paced efforts.  Starting to feel strong.  Pilates tonight before an easier day tomorrow to lead into the weekend.  Come at me busso!

Nothing on Instantgram= didnt happen..?

• Haha 1

1:45 on the turbo at 195W (>80% for me) cut short by having to get the hound to kennels and then 3.2km in the pool in the arvo.

Down in Melbourne for a conference today so planning a 46:40 tempo run this evening and then 6 x Yassos tomorrow before going on stage :D

• Like 1

Guest FFF1077

3.2km swim. 

Swam 100's on 1:55

Avg 1:44 for the set 

Thought I was pretty clever figuring out the "... on 1:55" bit 😂😂😁😁

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

Thought I was pretty clever figuring out the "... on 1:55" bit 😂😂😁😁

Set your watch to buzz every 1:55. Takes all the "clever"out of it.

And every time the wall clock gets to the top again, you've done 12. :)

Guest FFF1077
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Set your watch to buzz every 1:55. Takes all the "clever"out of it.

And every time the wall clock gets to the top again, you've done 12. :)

I'm getting a headache just remembering that 😂😂😂😭😭😭😭

Guest FFF1077

Well... 

Yesterday was meant to be run in the morning and swim in the arvo. 

Ran OK. Had to go at a very easy pace to get through it though. Very easy. 

But I was absolutely wrecked yesterday and did not swim. Also have a sore throat which keeps circulating work 😕

So I missed the swim. 😕 I was upset last night, but I'll move on. 

This morning was 1hr BE Zwift. Felt OK. Early early night tonight.... Long Zwift tomorrow.... 

Cheers all have a great weekend. 

FFF good choice resting it.  I had a similar day but cut my training session back from 1hr to 30min just to tick the legs over.

135k ride today on the crap roads inland of here that make the ironman course feel like butter.  5k run off building to race pace.  Stoked to tick off another week.  Off to the pool for 4k this arvo

• Like 1

2 hr hard zwift which turned out to be an average of 85% of my FTP. All the respect for those that can run well off something like that. I'm toast!

• Like 1

2.5km swim on the Ironman swim course in Lac Tremblant.

Looking forward to good conditions for Sunday.

• Like 1

Was meant to do a 5 hour bike but have been completely derailed by dealing with visa issues to fly to India on Monday! Life.

• Confused 1

45 min coastal trail run. Trails here in Devon are not rocky but very steep and after my tumble in Portugal, took no chances. Pace was, err, steady, only covered 7kms and was walking in places :blink:

Surfing with Flipper and a swim later.

• Like 1