prizna

What training did you do today...

Jumped on the turbo yesterday to watch the lions match... cramped up after 35 mins so decided to give it a rest. On the way to the pool now!

7 minutes ago, monkie said:

Jumped on the turbo yesterday to watch the lions match... cramped up after 35 mins so decided to give it a rest. On the way to the pool now!

You lasted longer than the Lions.

• Like 2

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 4:00 PM, FFF1077 said:

50km ride 

Vision a bit blurry now. Off to the doctor tomorrow 

The doc give you the all clear or some more R&R?

25 hard on TT bike + a cruisy 10K run along the Brizzy River. 

Rest now until GC half on Sunday.

Edited by Mike Del

Got up at 5.20am and ran twice this week. Been a while since i have done early morning training. Normally train after work.

Feels good all day.

Guest FFF1077
On 2017-6-28 at 7:05 PM, surfer101 said:

The doc give you the all clear or some more R&R?

Edited by FFF1077
stuff up

Swam at my old pool for the first time in 6 months this morning, took an hour and a quarter to do a one hour session cos I got chatting to all the oldies in the lanes next to me, it was like a reunion.  Then this arvo ran 10km in 45 minutes which was a bit of a surprise, I just felt good so kept going!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, -H- said:

Swam at my old pool for the first time in 6 months this morning, took an hour and a quarter to do a one hour session cos I got chatting to all the oldies in the lanes next to me, it was like a reunion.  Then this arvo ran 10km in 45 minutes which was a bit of a surprise, I just felt good so kept going!

Haha, maybe it's an age thing...  Nowadays it always takes me 60 minutes to do my 50 minute runs!

PS - Great work H, sounds like you're back!

• Like 1

First ride of the season (2017/2018) AND first magpie attack! (Not that the juvenile was terribly persistent).

90k, pop I'm slow....

Ran a bit got lost found a new trail.  

Mini Bands lateral walks

Glute bridge hold

2:20 run - 33.5km according to map.  On water only

Felt easy

2 hour trainer ride in afternoon chatting to a good bloke on messenger

Walked a few kays to Gold Coast Aquatic Centre for a 40min swim session, then back. 

I understand why people like living here, the winter climate is great from training & there are heaps of tracks and parks for running.  Our daughter and her boyfriend would like to move here from Sydney, they love the place....and real-estate heaps cheaper.

37 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Walked a few kays to Gold Coast Aquatic Centre for a 40min swim session, then back. 

I understand why people like living here, the winter climate is great from training & there are heaps of tracks and parks for running.  Our daughter and her boyfriend would like to move here from Sydney, they love the place....and real-estate heaps cheaper.

We're spoiling you with the weather at the moment. I'm still wondering when Winter is going to hit. The thermometer said 3.2 degrees yesterday morning, but I was out in the yard in shorts. That'll change when the Westerlies start, but for now, enjoy it.

On 6/28/2017 at 2:09 PM, Keithh said:

7km run in Queenstown Tasmania this morning. My fingers were stiff as afterwards. 

You're Brave! I grew up in Rosebery... :-)

21 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

We bought an apartment in Burleigh heads. Looking to relocate next year. Cannot wait to be out of Sydney, this city is becoming a joke.

• Like 1

I rode 40km this morning and then ran 10km off the bike.  I had a head on collision with a crow (a bird, not a footballer from Adelaide) in the first 10km and didn't realise until I got home that I had blood all over my face. Would have frightened a few people out for their morning walk, I reckon!

• Like 2

Trying to find somewhere to swim today in Port Mac - main town pool seems to be closed according to website?  anyone know anywhere else (minus the bull sharks)?

Time to stop piss-farting around and actually do some training. I think I am starting to get my head together (i.e., embracing chaos rather than stressing over it), so this weekend is the baseline. Only one way to go now - and that's up. 

Enjoyment comes from achievement. Time to start enjoying things on a consistent basis.

FM

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Flanman said:

Time to stop piss-farting around and actually do some training. I think I am starting to get my head together (i.e., embracing chaos rather than stressing over it), so this weekend is the baseline. Only one way to go now - and that's up.

Sounds like me Mick, I've been really inconsistent.  After doing really good in the Winter swim challenge I've gone right off the rails and haven't had a swim in about 3 weeks, I only ran once this week, and apart from a couple of events I haven't had a training ride in over 9 months.

Good luck with it, just put time aside for yourself and do what you enjoy!

Edited by Go Easy
  • Like 2

Wake up and put on my 2xu compression gear and vest. Lace up the Newton Gravity 5.  Don the newton visor and RP traylx 

Foam roller - glute exercises - then out and back run 30km run - 1:50:24. : Half way glutes exercises  top up fuel belt bottles.

Things need to work on, hip position on inclines.  Overreaching on left side

• Like 1

8k run very slow, but fast for me.

Foam roller on hips and glutes beforehand that make a huge difference to my legs. Just need to do this more often as I'm stiff as a board

Yesterday was the usual 90min indoor session and parkrun. Nothing today, I'm sick. :( I think I have picked up the cold from work or the train.

River loop with my son for his pre season work. He did ok but it was cool in Brisbane this morning. Nice to get into the shower after and warm up !

Ran 13.5km this morning with my running buddy, but the weather has been too shite to do anything else. So I've been on the couch with the Roth tracker instead, loving the GPS tracking!  Plus I have a friend over there sending back photos and videos so it's *almost* like being there.

60 mins on MTB Saturday, wanted to do more laps but the single track was quite muddy and didn't want to risk a crash as I struggle in the mud with feet clipped in.

75 mins road bike with the Mrs today - couldn't keep up :blush:  I've lost a lot on the bike.

Bashed around the Dolomites Maratona course on my TT bike then inhaled a pint of German beer afterwards whilst relaxing my glutes in a very decompressed state.  

Dolomites rock. Literally. Pics here @g_trains_tri

20170709_174737.jpg

Edited by The Customer
  • Like 8

First exercise since Tenby.  30 min on/off run warm up then joined local Park Run and jogged around in 26.50 with a couple that did IM Frankfurt last weekend. It wasn't our finest hour:lol:

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:47 PM, FatPom said:

First exercise since Tenby.  30 min on/off run warm up then joined local Park Run and jogged around in 26.50 with a couple that did IM Frankfurt last weekend. It wasn't our finest hour:lol:

If only I could do 26.50 running @ 100%, let alone after a race.

FM

3 hours ago, Flanman said:

If only I could do 26.50 running @ 100%, let alone after a race.

FM

ha, ask me what I did for the rest of the day :sleep1:

• Like 1

First squad swim in my new postcode 3rd squad for the year and about my 10th swim .stoked but geezus it wasnt fun arms and back are sore.

And im going to have to get used to a 25m pool in winter! Going bloody dizzy!

Windtrainer intervals then a mostly comfy run off the bike. I was running along the river at west end and ended up running alongside some rowers but they were in an 8 so they pulled away fairly quickly.

Getting over my cold now so slowly feeling better.

• Like 1

On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

2km jog/walk at lunch time today. Knee felt good. Super wrapped.

Wrapped?  Or rapped

Good stuff

Edited by Fitness Buddy

14 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Wrapped?  Or rapped

Good stuff

The former. 

Check the Australian Informal definition.

River loop with my son this morning, including speed bump sprints at UQ. it was a nice outing.

5 hours ago, truck said:

:o

It seemed like a reasonable idea when I started:lol:

Just finished 1hr45m run/walk nice mix of pavement and hilly trails.  

Swim later