prizna

What training did you do today...

55 minutes ago, FatPom said:

One thing I was wondering.  Do you still get bonus points for completing routes if you already have the badge?

Nope. One time offer. 

Run Day 83 with a swim first.

Swam 2.5 .Did a warm up then a set of 15 x 100s going on 2.00 swimming 1.35.

Got out got changed and ran 6k.

1k warm up then 4x1k with 90 sec rest, 4.15,4.06,4.07,3.58 then 1k cool down.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BNothling said:

Nope. One time offer. 

Thanks, that's what I thought.  I'm nearly done with Lvl 33 and will have approx 5m drop points when I get to 35. Time for some spending. 😀

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Thanks, that's what I thought.  I'm nearly done with Lvl 33 and will have approx 5m drop points when I get to 35. Time for some spending. 😀

Specialized Tarmac Pro which is the fastest bike in the game for getting up your favourite hill. 

1 hour ago, BNothling said:

Specialized Tarmac Pro which is the fastest bike in the game for getting up your favourite hill. 

Yeah I've read that, comes in cheap as well.  I'm eying up the 808/disc combo and will spring for a Felt IA at lvl 37.

Starting to get some consistency in my activity over the last month after changing when I take one of my meds, and can now wake up in the morning.  Oh how the unmighty have fallen!  Cycling was always what I was worst at, and it's showing now.  But it's been great getting out with my old fast group again.  I've improved my time up one of our regular climbs buy almost a minute already.  But it's frickin hilarious!  My time today was 4:20 slower than the Strava kom up that climb.  Thing is, his total time was 2:34; nearly 3 times faster than me.  #lotsaworktodo

Edited by goughy
  • Like 4

5 x 5 minutes @ 4:15min/km.  Trying to work towards a sub 20 minute 5km by the end of the year, not sure if that is realistic but thinking 1km repeats are a good weekly session to get that done!

• Like 1

Road to Sky with 1.75 Alp.

My intention was to go up the Alp twice but I couldn’t split the ride today because of an interview this morning. So I figured I’d go straight back up again but my legs were getting very heavy and I couldn’t get my HR up at all, so I pulled the pin between 8 and 7.

Just didn’t have the stones today. 

47.5km, 2hr56, 1,751 mtrs, 157 av watts

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FatPom said:

Road to Sky with 1.75 Alp.

My intention was to go up the Alp twice but I couldn’t split the ride today because of an interview this morning. So I figured I’d go straight back up again but my legs were getting very heavy and I couldn’t get my HR up at all, so I pulled the pin between 8 and 7.

Just didn’t have the stones today. 

47.5km, 2hr56, 1,751 mtrs, 157 av watts

Sheesh don't ya hate it when work gets in the way of training😆😆

Good luck with the interview FP

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

Sheesh don't ya hate it when work gets in the way of training😆😆

Good luck with the interview FP

Zero income and all day to train = pro triathlete. 😀

• Haha 1

Road to Sky: Managed to beat my previous outright PB for the climb by 1:57 and crossed the line in 76:05. 😁

31.4km, 1:43, 1061 mtrs, 170 av watts

Then followed up with Three Sisters: That went ok but I got to the top of the Radio Tower, descended a little bit and thought ‘screw this’. 😅

25.3km, 1hr20, 692mtrs, 170 av watts. (weird!)

• Like 1

On 17/06/2020 at 10:09 PM, Toolish said:

AHDR.  Set a new 20 minute power PB for the year...253 watts @ 91 kg = 2.75 /kg, still piss poor!

AHDR again, hit 256 watts for 20 minutes this time and down to 90kg so 2.84w/kg.

Incremental gains!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

85km on Zwift after work. Two solid rides. 

How did you fit that in around family mate.  Need to find a way to get one longer ride in mid week!

On 23/06/2020 at 8:41 PM, goughy said:

But it's been great getting out with my old fast group again.

Did you get out this morning? I noticed Wellcamp was -2 degrees this morning.

6 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Did you get out this morning? I noticed Wellcamp was -2 degrees this morning.

That's the point at which we consider ditching the fingerless gloves! 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, FatPom said:

That's the point at which we consider ditching the fingerless gloves cos we're riding indoors 😊

FTFY  🙄😆

4 minutes ago, Surfer said:

FTFY  🙄😆

It was 32C here yesterday, going to be hotter today and my garage seems to be about 5C above that and I still rode indoors.😀

• Like 1

Road to Sky with 2 x Alp.

56.0km, 3hr30, 2,098 mtrs, 157 av watts.

Just a case of getting it done today. I do know my second climb was 10mins slower than the first. 😊

Levelled up to 34 and ticked over 5m drop points.

• Like 1

75min brick session with trouble & strife. 

She cracked the shits cos my bike would not shift to the big ring, so I did it manually with fingers then wiped the grease off on her sweat towel - not close enough to the corner of the towel apparently 😆

I think her heart issue continues to improve as we smacked out 5:02 pace for first km of the 2km run.  Still getting tacky in WT sessions, but only up to about 165 bpm & she is always at least 10 beats higher than me on the WT.

Edited by ComfortablyNumb

Road to Sky with 1.5 Alp. Was time restricted today due to an appt.

43km, 2hr44, 1.602 mtrs, 154 av watts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Chased a PB up the Freeway in Adelaide. I missed it by 1min..... heading back tomorrow 

IMG_5653.mov

Did it take you an extra minute to throw up ?

FM

49 minutes ago, Flanman said:

Did it take you an extra minute to throw up ?

FM

The head wind cost me the Pb. I’ll get it 

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Chased a PB up the Freeway in Adelaide. I missed it by 1min..... heading back tomorrow 

IMG_5653.mov

I'm assuming it is not a 10min segment 😂

Road to Sky with 2 x Alp.

57kms, 3hr22, 2,100 mtrs, 166 av watts

On 24/06/2020 at 9:41 PM, Toolish said:

How did you fit that in around family mate.  Need to find a way to get one longer ride in mid week!

I did two back to back group rides. Avg about 40km an hour in both groups. Then did a cool down.

Im working from home, so was on straight away. 
We have also started getting Youfoodz delivered for dinner. They taste good, add some variety to our meals and have all the calories etc so it’s perfect for counting calories etc.  

My wife works in the city so she is not home till 6:30ish so I was on the trainer for about 30/40min before I finished. My wife will sometimes come into the garage & talk about her day while I’m doing a cool down 

Did ironman VR 13 over the weekend. 

Tried to do the 10km run hard and set a 2020 PB.  Currently it was 47:50. 

Felt really good at the start, went through 5km in 22:13 (about 30 seconds off the 5km time i set 2 weeks ago) then about 5.5km in my hamstring started to cramp a little.  Backed off the pact, stopped and stretched for 10-15 seconds and got it out.  Started running again and at about 7.5 km it grabbed again, harder.  Spent about 2 minutes walking, stretching, trying to get going and did a 6:40min km.  Got it sorted and ran the last 2km hard to finish off thinking that the PB was gone but may as well practice pushing the pace. 

47:27.  New 2020 PB and my fifth fastest 10km ever. (44:03 is all time PB, I reckon it is doable this year!)

I have never cramped like that in such a short event or period of time.  I was probably a bit dehydrated going in so not sure if that caused it?

Sunday did Muir and the Mountain on Zwift to get the 40km ride done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As of yesterday, (Saturday) I had 3634 mtrs left for Tron bike. We’ve been at Mum’s all day Sunday and I managed to get back in time for one trip up the mountain. 1060 mtrs but half way up the other rides disappeared, which I’ve had before but no drama. Finished the climb, got the Massochist badge and jersey but the bloody ride hasn’t loaded. (and I’ve just checked and the badge hasn’t loaded now either)

Grr. So I’m back where I bloody started!

Monday Morning now, so I'm gonna get a quick RtS ride in to make for last night!

Edited by FatPom

Road to Sky with 1.3 Alp

39km, 2hr15,  1,400 mtrs, 167 av watts.

Thankfully, this ride had no hiccups!

34 minutes ago, Crowies crushed nuts said:

How do you unlock the hillier courses on zwift? 

I rode up one big long climb once as part of a race 

What level are you on.  Some of the courses are level specific, I think Alpe De Zwift is level 12?

18 minutes ago, Toolish said:

What level are you on.  Some of the courses are level specific, I think Alpe De Zwift is level 12?

Yeah thats the one I rode and want to get access too. 

I'm on level 9. I only use zwift for racing around twice a week between 30-60 mins for the past 2 months

1 hour ago, Crowies crushed nuts said:

Yeah thats the one I rode and want to get access too. 

I'm on level 9. I only use zwift for racing around twice a week between 30-60 mins for the past 2 months

Unless they've changed it back again, they reduced the AdZ requirement to level 6, so you should be good,  The route is called 'Road to Sky'.

9 hours ago, FatPom said:

Unless they've changed it back again, they reduced the AdZ requirement to level 6, so you should be good,  The route is called 'Road to Sky'.

Yes, it is available earlier now. One of the reasons I stopped paying zwift was because I was infuriated they locked me out of half the good stuff while charging like wounded bulls. Glad they came to their senses. 

I have 1171 mtrs to go to get Tron bike by June. (it's 7.30 am right now).  Woke up with a stinking headache which I'm hoping will recede.  I have until midnight I suppose. 😋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TRON bike by end of June. Mission accomplished. 😎

This morning I had 1171 mtrs to go. I did a short session reverse Epic to get about 160 mtrs in, then logged out and did a fresh road to sky on the TT bike. On the way I managed to level up to 35 and got the Mavic shoes, then I got the Tron bike just about at hairpin 1.

I was just cursing the last 3 or 4 hairpins, then on the way to the summit, it flashed up m climb ETA and I was on for a PB! So I nailed what was left and did a 74.45, a pb by 1:20.

I took a screen shot at the top of my avatar on the bike (with MacBook) but I don’t know how to find it!

So, after 117,000 mtrs climbed, I finally have the friggin thing. 😄

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FatPom said:

TRON bike by end of June. Mission accomplished. 😎

This morning I had 1171 mtrs to go. I did a short session reverse Epic to get about 160 mtrs in, then logged out and did a fresh road to sky on the TT bike. On the way I managed to level up to 35 and got the Mavic shoes, then I got the Tron bike just about at hairpin 1.

I was just cursing the last 3 or 4 hairpins, then on the way to the summit, it flashed up m climb ETA and I was on for a PB! So I nailed what was left and did a 74.45, a pb by 1:20.

I took a screen shot at the top of my avatar on the bike (with MacBook) but I don’t know how to find it!

So, after 117,000 mtrs climbed, I finally have the friggin thing. 😄

Wow.  Well done.  I am at 75% done for that challenge. It may be a little while For me before I get the tron.  
do you also have to pay for it in points ?

1 hour ago, Prince said:

Wow.  Well done.  I am at 75% done for that challenge. It may be a little while For me before I get the tron.  
do you also have to pay for it in points ?

No, you just get it.  I'm about to spend some drop points, haven't spent any yet and have 5.3m 😁  Going to get the Tarmac Pro, 808/disc combo and save some for the Felt IA at lvl 37.

Edited by FatPom

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

No, you just get it.  I'm about to spend some drop points, haven't spent any yet and have 5.3m 😁  Going to get the Tarmac Pro, 808/disc combo and save some for the Felt IA at lvl 37.

Have you noticed any difference with the tron yet ?  Is it faster or just looks great ?

29 minutes ago, Prince said:

Have you noticed any difference with the tron yet ?  Is it faster or just looks great ?

Haven't ridden it at all. I have so much fatigue in my legs, as soon as I crossed the summit banner, and made sure I had it in the garage, I logged out, vowing to burn my trainer. 😁

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Prince said:

I don't notice any speed difference, and at my power feel like it is a bit all the gear and no-idea riding the tron...but it looks cool

• Like 1

Rode a lazy 200K yesterday - Headed North to Peats Ridge, Somersby, Ourimbah and back via yarramaling Valley and up Bumble Hill. Came home strong but Bumble Hill nearly killed me.

• Like 4

On 23/06/2020 at 7:53 PM, FatPom said:

Yeah I've read that, comes in cheap as well.  I'm eying up the 808/disc combo and will spring for a Felt IA at lvl 37.

I finally got the 808/disc last week.  Now my zwift shiv matches my IRL one 😁

• Like 1

On 01/07/2020 at 6:09 AM, Prince said:

It's faster.  Definitely better for nabbing green jerseys 

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I finally got the 808/disc last week.  Now my zwift shiv matches my IRL one 😁

I feel a personal sense of pride and achievement to roll out my Zwift bike in the same configuration as the one in my garage.