prizna

What training did you do today...

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Mega Pretzel done.  107km, 1641m gain, 3:48 @204W.  2140XP bonus

Very nice.  I was looking at the full PRL, mind numbing as the distance and 11 x BH would be, it's 'only' about 350mtrs more climbing than Four Horseman.  I might give it a shot next weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Very nice.  I was looking at the full PRL, mind numbing as the distance and 11 x BH would be, it's 'only' about 350mtrs more climbing than Four Horseman.  I might give it a shot next weekend.

It's 11 times up box hill but also 11 nice descents, and the rest is flat.  I don't think it would be a harder ride overall than the horsemen or the uber pretzel 

• Like 1

Set a 5km PB for the year...fastest 5km since 2012 in 22:08.  Goal at the start of the year was sub 22:30 as I was struggling to break 26 at the time.

My fastest ever 5km is 20:50.  Now wondering if I can get to that this year.  I still have about 12-15kg to lose to get to ideal weight so if I can get that off I reckon I am a chance!    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 badges done and I’m toast today.

Everything Bagel: 35.0km, 1hr12, 546 mtrs, 185 av watts

Perimeter Loop: 10km, 19min, 137 mtrs, 194 av watts

Geez I hate that course

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Geez I hate that course

Probably because it's a New York route 

New York sucks

30 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Probably because it's a New York route 

New York sucks

Yep NY is the worst course on Zwift, always up down up down and its too much change too fast for smart trainers. Good old Watopia is good for a TT, race or group ride

• Like 1

Decent week for me:

Run: 30km - 3hr10
Bike: 388km (all Zwift), 5659 mtrs - 15hr35

Total - 18hr45

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Decent week for me:

Run: 30km - 3hr10
Bike: 388km (all Zwift), 5659 mtrs - 15hr35

Total - 18hr45

Awesome, you will be IM ready with that volume.

Just now, BarryBevan said:

Awesome, you will be IM ready with that volume.

Cheers. Another big week ahead on the bike.

By 2021, I might have remembered how to swim again 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FatPom said:

Cheers. Another big week ahead on the bike.

By 2021, I might have remembered how to swim again 😄

I thought I had gone zwift mad doing 10 to 12 hours. I hit my limit and am now waiting on the shop to build my roubaix so I can get outside again.

My venge lost its little 2mm deralliur hanger bolt and they are hard to get hold off, so faced with a 20 cent bolt I bought:

https://www.spokesetc.com/product/specialized-roubaix-comp-ultegra-di2-358639-1.htm

This instead

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

I thought I had gone zwift mad doing 10 to 12 hours. I hit my limit and am now waiting on the shop to build my roubaix so I can get outside again.

My venge lost its little 2mm deralliur hanger bolt and they are hard to get hold off, so faced with a 20 cent bolt I bought:

https://www.spokesetc.com/product/specialized-roubaix-comp-ultegra-di2-358639-1.htm

This instead

I'm not that fussed about being on the road anymore, certainly not on my own. Somewhere along the line I've done a complete 180 and just don't enjoy riding by myself, if I'm honest.  I like riding and chatting these days, and leave the heavy lifting for the turbo.

First ride outside in about 7 weeks.  

One ride that has been on my bucket list since I got into cycling was to ride from my home to my childhood home which is 100km away.  Ticked that one off this morning.  Longest ride in a few years and was so nice to just ride for the sake of riding!

Then did the Zwift 6 train route tonight.

Edited by Toolish
  • Like 2

Saturday Run 28.17km then 1hr on trainer

Today 6hrs on trainer done in car park at monash uni then run off the bike 8.12km around the monash uni tracks.  Beautiful day but had house viewings in arvo so didn't risk the road in case anything happened.  

Pic 1 is set up.  My car has a removable picnic table in back.  

Pic 2 Part of the nature walk area 

20200517_075737.jpg

20200517_134729.jpg

• Like 6

3 Badges, all on the New York course:

Mighty Metropolitan:
Knickerbocker Reverse:
Knickerbocker:

Totals: 66.5km, 2hr10, 1,060mtrs, 186 av watts

• Like 2

Tour of Fire and Ice: 40km, 2hr20, 1193 mtrs, 165 av watts.

Had a pedestrian 93min climb up AdZ but threw in a freewheeling descent and soft pedalled to make it 40km.

Also, I won the Millenstiens on the wheel at the top. Might check them out.

Also also, achieved the Ceramic Bearings challenge, so now I can go back to the TT bike without all the nonsense.

• Like 1

Lovely in the bay yesterday, I snuck out for an afternoon swim.  1,500m but could definitely have stayed in longer if I wasn't supposed to be working. 

DSC_3768.JPG

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, -H- said:

stayed in longer if I wasn't supposed to be working. 

Yeah, don't you hate that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had to pick up some washing machine parts from Screwfix. So I took the opportunity load up the hydro vest.

16km, 1hr30, 5.38 pace. It was nice to just trot along.  Now I have to fit the bloody parts!

• Haha 1

Road to the Sky on Zwift as part of the tour for all.  Took me about 90 minutes.

Upon logging in I was awarded my unemployed badge for 14 days straight on Zwift.

After the ride mrs asked how I went and I mentioned my legs felt crap and I need a day off.  Check on Training Peaks and it is my second highest ever 90 minute power.  I think posting good numbers (for me) and feeling crap is a sign fitness is coming....but I do need to back off for a couple of days I think.

• Like 3

Nice one mate.  What did you get at the top?  I got the Millensteins last time but reading some posts, it seems like they are as rare as rocking horse shit. Double checked my garage last night and they are there.

Probably no riding for me today, in the middle of servicing the Rotor BB on the P3 and we have an appt later.  Good run tis morning though.

I'm 'thinking' of giving Full PRL a nudge this weekend. eek

• Like 1

Litespeed Classic turned over from 99,999 km to 0.0 km on this morning's ride. It's been my primary training and racing bike for 21 years, probably 90% or more of my riding. Got me through 33 (of 34) IMs, more than a hundred other races, a couple hundred airplane flights and a lot of touring miles. It's good for at least one more time around the clock.

litespeed_odometer_19may2020.jpg.755efa9ef6f119e5f4687e6123274573.jpg

Edited by steve
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, FatPom said:

Nice one mate.  What did you get at the top?  I got the Millensteins last time but reading some posts, it seems like they are as rare as rocking horse shit. Double checked my garage last night and they are there.

Probably no riding for me today, in the middle of servicing the Rotor BB on the P3 and we have an appt later.  Good run tis morning though.

I'm 'thinking' of giving Full PRL a nudge this weekend. eek

I got the gloves....always the gloves it seems.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Toolish said:

I got the gloves....always the gloves it seems.

Yo ain't lyin'

I'll be getting that '25 times' badge before I get those f*cking wheels...

• Like 1

Watopia Mountain 8 this morning. 33km with 692m elevation in 1:22. Some connection issues for some reason today. Usually very reliable so not sure what was going on.

NYC Rising Empire yesterday. 21km with 394m elevation in 42mins.

NYC Mighty Metropolitan & Richmond Cobbled Climbs on Sunday. Total of 32km with 458m elevation in 1:11 on Sunday.

The London Pretzel on Saturday. 58km 481m elevation in 2 hours.

17 routes to go which means there's not many more that I can do before I have to attempt the ones I'm dreading.

• Like 2

I walked up this, jogged down the other side, walked up another bit and jogged along the trail at the bottom back to the car, no idea how long or how far as I don’t use technology now very often, it sucked, I’m unfit, but the cooler weather is making going outside and doing stuff a bit easier.  Fishing was gnarly yesterday, easterlies suck.

A9B0326C-A581-4E70-801C-A1AC1B6049AA.jpeg

A6FB8FBF-228C-4572-B6F3-DCA472D436BB.jpeg

DCC4E115-5E90-4853-94FF-BE0D0884B6E1.jpeg

2A35328A-705C-4A71-91C7-7D7D0A2D6DD1.jpeg

0CE812A2-E7ED-412B-9479-38CC79B7D9BC.jpeg

2B9F4941-6EC3-4E52-AB55-8242CCDB4D74.jpeg

D0716372-7CE4-4301-9D43-AC84B38A361D.jpeg

436DECDF-0BD6-4C67-B88B-246F0FE68523.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KieranR said:

I walked up this, jogged down the other side, walked up another bit and jogged along the trail at the bottom back to the car, no idea how long or how far as I don’t use technology now very often, it sucked, I’m unfit, but the cooler weather is making going outside and doing stuff a bit easier.  Fishing was gnarly yesterday, easterlies suck.

A9B0326C-A581-4E70-801C-A1AC1B6049AA.jpeg

A6FB8FBF-228C-4572-B6F3-DCA472D436BB.jpeg

DCC4E115-5E90-4853-94FF-BE0D0884B6E1.jpeg

2A35328A-705C-4A71-91C7-7D7D0A2D6DD1.jpeg

0CE812A2-E7ED-412B-9479-38CC79B7D9BC.jpeg

2B9F4941-6EC3-4E52-AB55-8242CCDB4D74.jpeg

D0716372-7CE4-4301-9D43-AC84B38A361D.jpeg

436DECDF-0BD6-4C67-B88B-246F0FE68523.jpeg

Whats the water temp Kieran?

7 hours ago, Gundy said:

Watopia Mountain 8 this morning. 33km with 692m elevation in 1:22. Some connection issues for some reason today. Usually very reliable so not sure what was going on.

NYC Mighty Metropolitan & Richmond Cobbled Climbs on Sunday. Total of 32km with 458m elevation in 1:11 on Sunday.

17 routes to go which means there's not many more that I can do before I have to attempt the ones I'm dreading.

I'm trying to get some harder ones out of the first, that way if you don't feel like riding much there are easy options left.

I think I'm up to 28 done now, something like that.  Full PRL attempt this weekend but it's gong to be really slow,  my plan is to just knock out 2.2 w/kg and no more all day.  TT bike and Millenstiens probably.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

Whats the water temp Kieran?

Farking cold when the waves were crashing over the side.  I think the depth sounder was saying 26.7deg which is freezing for us here 😂😂😂 no diving yesterday, waaay to deep for me at 70m and man was it sharky, we lost so many good fish to sharks yesterday.  Diving tomorrow, maybe first for the year with a wetsuit.

• Like 1

3 badges today.

Royal Pump Room 8
2019 UCI Worlds Harrogate Circuit
Greater London Flat

Totals:
56.5km, 1hr55, 775mtrs, 196 av watts

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Gundy said:

I still have 34 to go and looking at the list there are some long trainer rides ahead.  I am shocking at guessing how long the rides with elevation are going to take but a few there are going to be 4+ hours in the saddle which is a bit hard to fit in around work!

• Like 1

Surrey Hills this morning 48km with 1000m of climbing in just under 2 hours. Wife did the ride with me and it was nice to have some real rather than virtual company. Almost felt like a proper ride being able to chat as we rode side by side on our trainers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Toolish said:

I still have 34 to go and looking at the list there are some long trainer rides ahead.  I am shocking at guessing how long the rides with elevation are going to take but a few there are going to be 4+ hours in the saddle which is a bit hard to fit in around work!

4 horseman ride is almost exactly double Surrey Hills so I'm thinking that will be 4 hours for me.

Uber Pretzel and PRL Full will be  over 6 hours I think. I'm interested to see how FP takes at 2.2w/kg because I think I'll try a similar strategy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gundy said:

Uber Pretzel and PRL Full will be  over 6 hours I think. 

I did Uber Pretzel in five hours last year, but because it was an event I didn't get the badge

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I did Uber Pretzel in five hours last year, but because it was an event I didn't get the badge

I did road to the sky as part of stage 4 of Tour for All and got the badge.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gundy said:

4 horseman ride is almost exactly double Surrey Hills so I'm thinking that will be 4 hours for me.

Uber Pretzel and PRL Full will be  over 6 hours I think. I'm interested to see how FP takes at 2.2w/kg because I think I'll try a similar strategy

Well I'm only estimating I can hold 2.2 w/kg, that might change. The last few rides I've done, I've been ignoring looking at av watts until the end and mostly looking at watts/kg. Shorter or less hilly rides, my sweet spot seems to be 2.7 for flat and up to 3.0 for climbing.

Anything longer than an hour or sustained climbing and it seems to get reversed, where I hold higher on the flats 2.5/2,6 and drop to 2.2 or below for climbing.  Obvious TT type course I can holedover 3.0 w/kg for the whole ride but there aren't many of those.

With Four Horsemen, I tried to keep everything below 2.5 w/kg and on some climbs dropped down to 1.7, I think this was due to swapping my attention from w/kg to av watts. (which I tried to keep under 200).  That ride took me 4hr45.

PRL is another 80km than FH and 350mtrs more but there are more breaks.   Based on IM Wales with almost identical elevation and using the same bike IRL, I'm estimating 7hrs for me.  I think I'm going to soft pedal or freewheel each BH descent.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2

So two more badges on Zwift:

London 8
Greater London 8

The stats don't matter because I was doing some experimenting with pace to try and find where I need to be for my PRL attempt.  Seems like the the sweet spot is 2.0-2.3 w/kg. and doing some cross checking the power needs to be between 170-195.

I won't chase the numbers on the descent from BH or the couple of downward inclines in London.  Tentatively shoot for 7hrs.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Toolish said:

I did road to the sky as part of stage 4 of Tour for All and got the badge.  

I didn't select the pretzel as a route before I started the event 

One of those mistakes you only make once...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Did nothing yesterday.  First day off in 16 days.  I needed it but it was difficult to listen to my body.  In the past I have looked at any excuse to not train so it was an interesting mental shift.

• Like 3

PRL FULL,,,done!

174km, 6hr:47,  2,307 mtrs, 162 av watts.

FARRRRK!

Gundy, I think my rusty maths puts that at 1.9 w/kg average.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4km trail run with Little One. 29.57 at 7.28 pace

Zwift badge: Triple Loops

41.3km, 1hr31, 511mtrs, 185 av watts

Had to go up Box Hill again, seems like only yesterday. 😅

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

On 23/05/2020 at 8:42 AM, FatPom said:

PRL FULL,,,done!

FARRRRK!

on zwift, ? wow

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

on zwift, ? wow

Yeah. On the plus side, I also picked up the 100 clicks and 100 mile badges along the way. (and got lapped by Cav 😊 )

22 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Yeah. On the plus side, I also picked up the 100 clicks and 100 mile badges along the way. (and got lapped by Cav 😊 )

I got my new Speciliazed Roubaix so will be doing a fee less miles on Zwift. Cav is awesome, we did one of the ride with the pros and Cav was the pro.

He dropped back a long way behind the pack and then came through at a pace which was scary! Are you trying to get the tron bike?

54 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

I got my new Speciliazed Roubaix so will be doing a fee less miles on Zwift. Cav is awesome, we did one of the ride with the pros and Cav was the pro.

He dropped back a long way behind the pack and then came through at a pace which was scary! Are you trying to get the tron bike?

Copied from the other thread:

I’m hatching a plan, that may or may not feasible, so I’m just putting it out there.

I’ve been on Zwift a while and already had 67,000 mtrs of climbing before I hit the ‘Everest Challenge’. I started the Everest Challenge on May 14th and have now clocked approx 7,500 mtrs.

Adding up all the elevation from the route badges I haven’t done, only comes to approx 17,500 mtrs. (not including the 25 x volcano loop which has bugger all climbing).

I’m not riding today 'cos I’m knackered and washing the cars which will stuff my back. But let’s say I jump back on the bike tomorrow.

Just for gits and shiggles, how quick could I get the Tron bike? I looked at end of June but that’s about 1300 mtrs a day, so I’m thinking mid July would be a good target?

The most important question. Will my newly acquired 100 mile kit make me faster?

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

On 23/05/2020 at 10:42 PM, FatPom said:

PRL FULL,,,done!

FARRRRK!

A doff of the helmet to you, good sir

Ride on 👍💪

• Like 1

PRL FULL,,,done!

FARRRRK!

I did the Half PRL (which is a misnomer because it's considerably less than half the Full) on Saturday and was sick of that loop after 4 times. Bit nervous about doing it 11 times!!

Well done FP.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gundy said:

I did the Half PRL (which is a misnomer because it's considerably less than half the Full) on Saturday and was sick of that loop after 4 times. Bit nervous about doing it 11 times!!

Well done FP.

PRL FULL,,,done!

FARRRRK!

I know the UK doesn't do much of a spring/summer, but isn't it warming up over there? Enough to ride off into the sunrise? I just don't know where you get the motivation to sit on zwift for 7hrs. That's pretty brutal. Impressive. 

1 hour ago, dazaau said:

I know the UK doesn't do much of a spring/summer, but isn't it warming up over there? Enough to ride off into the sunrise? I just don't know where you get the motivation to sit on zwift for 7hrs. That's pretty brutal. Impressive. 

Yeah plenty warm enough lately. I think it's a combo of a few things:

Mrs FP had to have a COVID test last week (thankfully all clear) and whilst we are allowed out, riding at home is somewhat minimising the risk. So we've never really eased up on that.

I used to really enjoy riding on my own on the road for hours and hours on all my bikes but the last couple of years, if I'm honest, I don't really enjoy riding without my mates, especially now as there is nowhere to stop for a coffee.

Now I've lost my job, I stopped paying for Zwift but my Mum and sister very Kindly bought me a year's subscription gift card, so I'm maximising that.

I guess the other thing is, whilst there are no races to train for. (I've always been an event led person), I've adopted the Route Achievements as some sort of goal.

TBH, if I'm going to be outside, I'd rather be running, ether by myself or with Little One. There's probably a bit of guilt in there about being away from the house for so long with home schooling and job searching duties as well.

I'm really not sure why but right now, Zwift appeals more than being out on the road.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gundy said:

Well done FP.

I lost count somewhere along the line and convinced myself that I'd done one less than I had and the finish was going be at the top of Box Hill, thankfully I was wrong. 😀