prizna

What training did you do today...

10km Newbury race in the horizontal rain and a very slippery horse race course. My mate faded badly, I went on to muster a 44.33 but it was very hard work. :blowup:

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, FatPom said:

10km Newbury race in the horizontal rain and a very slippery horse race course. My mate faded badly, I went on to muster a 44.33 but it was very hard work. :blowup:

Didya fall over?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

Didya fall over?

Managed to stay up right upright. I think it was the course and knowing what they do to fallen horses! :wacko:

Edited by FatPom
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, FatPom said:

Managed to stay up right upright. I think it was the course and knowing what they do to fallen horses! :wacko:

Well done! Youve always got to find the positive 😊

4 hours ago, FatPom said:

Gives a whole new meaning to “the legs going to jelly”

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, roxii said:

Gives a whole new meaning to “the legs going to jelly”

Brilliant!

Results are in. I came 31/380 overall.   The winner 'only' went 35.30, so it seems like a slow day all round.

• Like 5

Ran 5km to Jnr Parkrun then jogged around with Flipper.  She went 12:23, a PB 👍

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Ran 5km to Jnr Parkrun then jogged around with Flipper.  She went 12:23, a PB 👍

How far is junior parkrun? 

21 minutes ago, FatPom said:

2km. 

That sounds about my caper! 🤣

But I'd still be last 🙄

Edited by Turts

1 minute ago, Turts said:

That sounds about my caper! 🤣

But I'd still be last 🙄

I'm sure you wouldn't.  She got away from me with her last 50mtrs, I fear it won't be long before the baton gets passed on. :surrender:

• Haha 1

Wake: 2hr Study, 8hrs at work, chores, 75 min on windtrainer, dinner, study till bed

• Like 1

6 km run, straight onto 2 hr bike indoors at 70.3 pace, then was meant to be another 8 km run straight off the bike but said f..k it,

and did the run late this arvo. 

Edited by Prince
  • Like 1

First run in. A couple of weeks after ankle strain. Went slow with minimal discomfort. 
legs sore and tired now 

1 hour ago, rory-dognz said:

First run in. A couple of weeks after ankle strain. Went slow with minimal discomfort. 
legs sore and tired now 

Take it nice and steady mate. 

• Like 1

Did a 4 hour wind trainer session yesterday.

Legs are heavy this morning, so a nice gentle walk to recover

• Like 1

More rehab and hydrotherapy today.

Todays hydrotherapy topic of discussion was “scones” and should lemonade be added to the batter for a better scone. 
The positive of being the youngest in rehab by abut twenty years is all the old ducks fighting over who will make the poor young fella on crutches a cup of tea.

Haven't bern called ; love, pet, sweetie, darl etc this much in my life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think they will be trying both lemonade and solo and reporting back , hopefully with samples 

8 minutes ago, roxii said:

I think they will be trying both lemonade and solo and reporting back , hopefully with samples 

Step. Away. From. The. Scones. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, roxii said:

More rehab and hydrotherapy today.

Todays hydrotherapy topic of discussion was “scones” and should lemonade be added to the batter for a better scone. 
The positive of being the youngest in rehab by abut twenty years is all the old ducks fighting over who will make the poor young fella on crutches a cup of tea.

Haven't bern called ; love, pet, sweetie, darl etc this much in my life. 

I had a period of 4mths hydrotherapy nearly every day after one operation. My insurance paid for a membership to the Charterhouse School Health Club in Surrey, to facilitate this. Charterhouse is a very very expensive school.

I had the therapy with the physios, as they had to lower me in the water in 'the special chair' :blush:  Then I'd get wheeled to the coffee shop and have a drink and wait for the private ambulance to take me home. 

This is where I would have to listen to all the gym Mummies talking of the horrors of difficult it was to get reliable, English speaking tradesman in Kitzbul to renovate the ski lodge. I was subjected to other atrocities about the declining standard in First Class and how long you have to wait to get a new Range Rover delivered if you specify metallic Teal with a Zirconium inlaid dashboard.

I truly realised how very lucky I was.....

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I had a period of 4mths hydrotherapy nearly every day after one operation. My insurance paid for a membership to the Charterhouse School Health Club in Surrey, to facilitate this. Charterhouse is a very very expensive school.

I had the therapy with the physios, as they had to lower me in the water in 'the special chair' :blush:  Then I'd get wheeled to the coffee shop and have a drink and wait for the private ambulance to take me home. 

This is where I would have to listen to all the gym Mummies talking of the horrors of difficult it was to get reliable, English speaking tradesman in Kitzbul to renovate the ski lodge. I was subjected to other atrocities about the declining standard in First Class and how long you have to wait to get a new Range Rover delivered if you specify metallic Teal with a Zirconium inlaid dashboard.

I truly realised how very lucky I was.....

But did they have scones? So far Roxii's ahead! :lol:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, trinube said:

But did they have scones? So far Roxii's ahead! :lol:

No scones, lots of Saffron, or maybe that was one of their names?  I've tried to block it out. :lol:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, roxii said:

Lemonade hands down. 

Only issue I had was when making them for my mates in California, they had a different expectation, as lemonade to them is basically lemon cordial! They were pleasantly surprised, shall we say

(My nanas recipe)

Went exploring now riding for the next 5hrs, anyone wanna join me on zwift?.....didn’t think so 😂😂

7A29FEE2-AD9C-40C7-BC0F-9174C6D5CD34.jpeg

90159BCC-1C5B-4D99-A431-7B10001EAF22.jpeg

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Went exploring now riding for the next 5hrs, anyone wanna join me on zwift?.....didn’t think so 😂😂

it says your doing 200 watts and no-one is on the bike....dam, i am sure that's cheating....

1 minute ago, Prince said:

it says your doing 200 watts and no-one is on the bike....dam, i am sure that's cheating....

This is how that English guy got the TRON bike isnt it... big cheater

1 minute ago, Prince said:

I do live in WA......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KieranR said:

There's a good 100km group ride on saturday mornings - Minks 100. Beats riding by yourself!

Just now, zed said:

I got 200km tomorrow, then 42km run sunday....

Jezzz. Good luck.  I don’t miss those kms. 

Just now, zed said:

I got 200km tomorrow, then 42km run sunday....

My roster dictates when I ride long etc, so that’s today.  I’m doing a 6km run tonight 😂😂😂😂. I might run 42km in about 4 weeks time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Jezzz. Good luck.  I don’t miss those kms. 

At least the run is 2 x 21km.

Yeah it's been a bit of a ball ache to be honest. I did 180km last week and the last 30km just dragged. It was beyond shit. I'm splitting it up, rising 2 hours zwift then joining squad at 5.30 with hopefully only 130km left to do.

• Like 1

When I first started I met an old guy who used to do every weekend 

5am sat. 3 hr ride with a 1 hour run 

5am sun 3 hr ride with a 1 hour run

he seemed to go alright.  

Such a great use of time with a family. 

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

he seemed to go alright.  

AP?

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

he seemed to go alright.  

I'm actually curious as to to the value of these long 5 hour+ rides. Can you achieve similar (or close to) results with 3 hours, but at a higher intensity? For me, it's important to be content and enjoy the training. 200 km rides aren't enjoyable. I'd prefer to ride 3 hours, harder, than 5 hours slower. 

30 minutes ago, zed said:

I'm actually curious as to to the value of these long 5 hour+ rides. Can you achieve similar (or close to) results with 3 hours, but at a higher intensity? For me, it's important to be content and enjoy the training. 200 km rides aren't enjoyable. I'd prefer to ride 3 hours, harder, than 5 hours slower. 

Yes you can, as soon as you have done enough +5 hour rides! (+ right diet!) 

Personally, 2-3 >150km rides gets me ‘close enough’ to peak in the 3-7 week out period. If doing old mates Double brick weekend, you would not be loosing too much. I think a fair bit of value in double rides as well if time doesn’t allow a ‘full’ long ride.

I do think one of the biggest ‘success measures’ for most of us is the accumulated monthly training hours. I used to think weekly, I now think in monthly hours. Has helped 1. Manage family, career + hobby 2. Find consistency 

Edited by Bosco
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, KieranR said:

Cool towel dude, which race is that from 🙄

Seriously love your humour & those budgy smugglers. Too funny 

First bunch ride in a year.  Small town this, three blokes asked me if I’m ok, haven’t seen them in a year but they all saw me in Feb when the police took me to hospital.  Nice to chat with them again, genuinely good fellas

91B8CAED-7941-48C1-8963-FF36EBD72867.jpeg

• Like 2