prizna

What training did you do today...

6 minutes ago, BNothling said:

Weighed in this morning at 84.9kg. I'm about 188-189cm tall. 

Specialized Shiv. Zipp Sub9 clincher disc. TokyoWheel 90mm front. Giro Aerohead helmet.

Cheers mate, I'm around 82kg and at my last race averaged 205 watts and got 33.6k. I'd be interested to see what speed I'd average with another 20watts..🤔

I'm aiming to average around 210-215 watts at Mooloolaba so will see how that turns out.. 

35 minutes ago, more said:

Cheers mate, I'm around 82kg and at my last race averaged 205 watts and got 33.6k. I'd be interested to see what speed I'd average with another 20watts..🤔

I'm aiming to average around 210-215 watts at Mooloolaba so will see how that turns out.. 

Hard to compare. My last race was the Purga TT and I pushed 277W and did 37.0kmh. Before that, I did 278W at the same course that I was at today and went 39.7kmh. It's all relative.

Needless to say, there's no point pulling big numbers on the bike if you then have to walk the last leg... It's not about how fast you go, but how much you don't slow down.

• Like 1

Went out on my first run in aaaagggess. Kicking off my Tweed Coast Enduro campaign and need to put some serious kms in to get back to where I was a few years back. 

• Like 1

A very lacklustre 6km yesterday. I have a 50km ultra this Saturday. Underdone is the word that springs to mind!

15 hours ago, FatPom said:

A very lacklustre 6km yesterday. I have a 50km ultra this Saturday. Underdone is the word that springs to mind!

Nah 'fresh as a daisy'  😊

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

Nah 'fresh as a daisy'  😊

:lol:  I recall the saying ' Better to be 10% undertrained than 1% overtrained'.  I'm so undertrained that I should be winning the bloody thing.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FatPom said:

:lol:  I recall the saying ' Better to be 10% undertrained than 1% overtrained'.  I'm so undertrained that I should be winning the bloody thing.

Well thats sorted then. Dont go, tell 'em to post first prize to you cos youre going to win anyway.  You can have a sleep in 😃😄😁

• Haha 1

Think I have some fatigue in my legs and my system in general.  Was meant to run 20kms today, a mixture of pavement and trail hills with poles.  So I ran the 5km to town to watch Flipper swim and it was hard work, 24mins!  Then I thought 'OK, I'll jog around Park Run and run home instead'. (which is next door to swimming.

Looked at the Park Run crowd, it was packed. Thought about how tired my legs were, then decided to jog the 6km home instead.

So 11km, no trails, no poles, no energy. :( I'm doing 50km on the mtb tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

I'm really feeling every gram of that 6kgs I've put on. :blush:

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

I did the Braveheart tri over in Fort William today. In the history of the race they have never had conditions like this. Anywhere else they would have called it off, but no, not here in Scotland. 80mph gusts on Ben Nevis. Driving rain from the time the gun went off. First time I've raced in full winter jacket and full body cover on the swim. Great event though. Funniest race director ever. Was worth entering just to hear the race briefing - "For the run course, just run up hill till it stops going up, then come back down."

Edit to add the 'run' course elevation (I use the term run with artistic license). Note that because of the freezing temps and high winds, they 'thankfully' brought the turn around point down before you hit the freeze zone. Kudos to the marshals who stood up there all day to scan our timing chips and give out lollies. Most dedicated event team ever! The rain made for a very slippery decent.

run split.jpg

Edited by The Customer
  • Like 5

Did my farewell to Sydney race, just the half today. Massively undertrained due to travel etc. so wasn't aiming for a time, just wanting to enjoy the scenery and the race. Beautiful morning for it, got a tad emotional running over the bridge for the last time.

Managed a 1:23:18 which I'm happy with given the lack of training!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Woo hoo!  Can finally post in this thread again.  First ride this year, where I felt like I was going to try.  And I got nothing.  Except for some tacks!  Someone had dumped a heap in some leaves at a spot on the side of the road.  A couple of guys who pulled over to help clean it up said there was some there last Monday.  No records for my tyre changing abilities.

An hour of MTB single track dodging a few vagrants wandering about.

Still can't consistently nail the downhill jump, but thankfully after having my forks fixed under warranty, they absorb the nose-dives, thus catering for my advanced muppetry.

Left a little water for the poor magpies.

• Like 1

ran 15km...walked 1km at the end.   do you ever go out for a long run and go too hard?

2 hours ago, Prince said:

ran 15km...walked 1km at the end.   do you ever go out for a long run and go too hard?

I was always told you should walk the last few block home after a long run maybe not 1k however.  

28 minutes ago, Peter said:

I was always told you should walk the last few block home after a long run maybe not 1k however.  

yeah, dunno what happened today.  I am thinking I might do the next long run without my music to get a feel how hard breathing is etc. thinking of also running without the watch or maybe putting it in my pocket to not be focussed on pace and heart rate all the time. Anyone done that recently?

• Like 1

I run to heart rate and not pace on my long runs - still end up going too quick. I have forced myself into a 9 min run/1 min walk for all long runs last month or so. Recovery time significantly less and average pace within 20 sec/km over whole run. 

Thus:  6km with 3x1km @4.10 pace

Sat AM:  23.6km mixed run, pavement, trail, poles.  383 mtrs vert, 2hrs33.  Last long one before the next ultra.

• Like 1

26km trail run, no poles. 402 mtrs vert, 2hrs 48.  Was meant to be only 20/21km but I got lost.  :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shoulders in hell after yesterday's 5km ocean swim race (with only one leg kicking as the other foot is broken - my wasn't that hands and knees crawl up the brach to the finish dignifying) so today I did my third wind trainer ride (front porch with the JetBlack Z1-pro) wife came home halfway through so I pulled up by hitting the back break so I could hear her and bugger me the flywheel came off.....

Fixed(ish) with a spanner but still...

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Did a 50km ride this morning to tick over 11,000km for the year on the bike.

Impressive!

56km trail race. 56kms, 2330 mtrs of vert. 10hr06  ( not a typo)

Fark me dead!

• Like 2

On 04/10/2019 at 11:46 AM, Bored@work said:

Did a 50km ride this morning to tick over 11,000km for the year on the bike.

Very impressive

Edited by Peter

Got destroyed by the wind. Horrible.  Truely horrible 

80k bike 

Just played three games of golf with my son over the long weekend. A Father’s Day present for both of us. A great time and three quality days together  

FM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On a work road trip with my son. While he visited a business, I had a 2.7 km swim. Had the whole pool to myself. I wonder why. It was the outside pool in Cooma. 3C air temp. Luckily the water was a bit warmer. teeing off for golf in about  45 minutes- Merimbula. 

FM

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Katz said:

Stikman and I ‘ran’ around the Tan. 

Early, with the other 27,000 people?

Got third in last nights crit race. If I can learn to spring. I should go up a grade soon. Which is what I’m trying to do 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, roxii said:

2 laps of the hallway on crutches. 

So now you know you can do that. Tomorrow morning will be a breeze.

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Yeah but I needed a little lie down after

If it's not on Strava...

• Haha 3

Rode 86k today.  Couldn't be arsed riding a few more k's to make 90.  Fastest ride in years. 

Feeling good.  Weird. 
Bring on Geelong 70.3

8B4DB28B-A782-4231-9E8A-E79234EB3CE4.jpeg

Edited by Peter
  • Like 2

Nothing planned today, apart from  some house DIY and servicing a friend's bike.  I have a 10km tomorrow at Newbury race course and a work mate wants me to pace him to a 44.29 PB, which at the start of the season would have been very cruisy.

Tomorrow, after last week's ultra, not so much.  Plus he has some Next% and I , err, don't.... :lol: