prizna

What training did you do today...

No training for me today. 

Worked the start line of Sutherland to surf. 

Had s good chat with Crowie pre race before he knocked out a lazy 34.54 for the 11k. 

Not bad for an old bloke. 

• Like 1

Farrk , that's motoring! I used to love watching Crowie run, for a 'big guy' he made it look effortless.

80 min run (let’s call it a shuffle/ walk) keeping the HR under control.  Fitness is a long long way away, but it’s a start.  Rode my bike yesterday too

• Like 4

Went swimming, 2.2km. Never been an efficient swimmer so am going back to basics to see if I can reform my swim and become more efficient and comfortable in the water 

• Like 1

60' on the treadmill. Tried to simulate the high HR/low pace that seems to happen st the end of a 70.3 by keeping the air con off. Ended up holding a high Z3 and low Z4 and about 5:55-6:00/km. 

11 hours ago, KieranR said:

Went swimming, 2.2km. Never been an efficient swimmer so am going back to basics to see if I can reform my swim and become more efficient and comfortable in the water 

Im just starting back from 4 months off so am interested in how you approach this

Think I'm in a bit of a post DNF funk.  I've done a couple of 5km run sessions and a ParkRun on the weekend (slow). A few short turbo sessions but I just feel knackered all the time.

Saw the physio today, she's happy with the injury recovery and the progress on the hip, so it's not like that's hampering me. I just seem to have lost my 'snap'.  Hopped on the turbo today and climbed off after 6 mins, it just wasn't there.

Just feels like the lazier I am, the harder the re-set button will be push again. :(

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, pieman said:

Im just starting back from 4 months off so am interested in how you approach this

Swim smooth program, going back to the very start.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Swim smooth program, going back to the very start.

Good thinking.. I have one of those from their dvd.. might try it as well

8 hours ago, FatPom said:

Think I'm in a bit of a post DNF funk.  I've done a couple of 5km run sessions and a ParkRun on the weekend (slow). A few short turbo sessions but I just feel knackered all the time.

Saw the physio today, she's happy with the injury recovery and the progress on the hip, so it's not like that's hampering me. I just seem to have lost my 'snap'.  Hopped on the turbo today and climbed off after 6 mins, it just wasn't there.

Just feels like the lazier I am, the harder the re-set button will be push again. :(

Maybe a couple of days complete rest, massage & jnr parkrun with Flipper will help reset your mojo. You'll have fun with her, you can cheer on other runners & they'll love you for being supportive. That'll put a smile on your dial

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today, I not only rode the whole way to work in the big ring, I also got out of the saddle on the hills.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, FatPom said:

I feel ya. But don't force it. If you force it you'll hate it and that will exacerbate the cycle. Remember it's just a hobby, slob off or just go for a walk or do whatever you fancy and see it as a positive to be able to just chill without a particular program to follow. 

It's never that hard to start again, you've done it before!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, monkie said:

I feel ya. But don't force it. If you force it you'll hate it and that will exacerbate the cycle. Remember it's just a hobby, slob off or just go for a walk or do whatever you fancy and see it as a positive to be able to just chill without a particular program to follow. 

It's never that hard to start again, you've done it before!

Yeah cheers mate, I need to remember that.  probably trying too hard to erase my DNF from the memory banks.

BTW, I was in wave B for my start at Race to the Stones, looked over and saw a ginger haired lady whom, according to her bib was called 'Melanie'. I asked her if she knew you and she said 'no'  and gave me the look that guys get at the bar when they've struck out. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, FatPom said:

Yeah cheers mate, I need to remember that.  probably trying too hard to erase my DNF from the memory banks.

BTW, I was in wave B for my start at Race to the Stones, looked over and saw a ginger haired lady whom, according to her bib was called 'Melanie'. I asked her if she knew you and she said 'no'  and gave me the look that guys get at the bar when they've struck out. :lol:

Ah! Looks like a DNS for her looking at the results. I'll shoot her a note 😞

I blew up in another workout today, was aiming for 1:50 Z2 then 40 @ 4/k managed 1:50 and 30 then broke. Finished the last 10 mins at 6/k. I am now sore.

• Like 1

Dusted off the TT and put it on the trainer after riding the roadie on the trainer for too long. Did 15' at 200W, 15' at 205W, 15' at 220W and then 15' at 240W. No rest between, just built straight into the next one. Wanted to do a quick ROTB but the babies had woken for their 8pm feed. 

Forgot how much different the TT bike feels compared to the roadie. Hoping to get out to Muzz on Sunday and test out my new disc. 

• Like 2

Started an f45 8 week challenge. First week, but already feeling awesome. Just have done the strength/weights stuff so far but will do cardio tomorrow. Just trying to kick start the weight loss so I can run without pain again!

• Like 2

60 mins @3:58/km. 😥 The last 700m is all uphill and I thought I was gonna hurl right outside the Art Gallery of NSW. That would have been lovely for the tourists.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bits n pieces in the week but I just can’t get going. Decided to have guilt free nuffink day today.

• Like 1

2x Mt Gravatt this morning with a friend on his MTB. It's actually a really nice ride when you're not trying to achieve anything other than conversation.

Tried to go for a run but knees are too sore... Thinking about pulling the pin on Sydney marathon and switching down to the half or even the 10k as I just haven't been able to find the consistency for long stuff with the amount of travel I'm doing at the moment and I don't want to go into it under-prepared or worse over-do the training and pick up an injury. 

Take stock and focus on Brighton in the UK next year is probably a good plan.

• Like 2

2500m swim & 100K ride yesterday, then 1.5hr run today......on the build to Busso!

Forgot how dog tired you get from IM training.

• Like 1

Well my nuffink day has turned into a nuffink weekend.  Had some hip and back trouble overnight but mostly just seem to be in a bit of a hole.

Took Flipper out for breakfast, bought a bike magazine for the first time in I don’t know how long, settled into a cafe and did some reading.

We are off on a holiday next Saturday for a week of surfing, MTB and trail. Hoping to ‘re-set’ then.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Well my nuffink day has turned into a nuffink weekend.  Had some hip and back trouble overnight but mostly just seem to be in a bit of a hole.

Took Flipper out for breakfast, bought a bike magazine for the first time in I don’t know how long, settled into a cafe and did some reading.

We are off on a holiday next Saturday for a week of surfing, MTB and trail. Hoping to ‘re-set’ then.

A holiday will be fantastic, specially if youre doing some fun stuff like catching waves.

Dont beat yourself up FP, your mojo will return .... it has to if you want to stay ahead of Flipper 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Mate, that sounds awesome.

Just enjoy!

• Like 2

On 28/07/2019 at 11:53 AM, Tyno said:

Mate, that sounds awesome.

Just enjoy!

Hitting the trails later. Waiting for the tide to go out for some waves.  There are worse balconies to be on!  😎

59B2C395-7623-48C6-B4B3-F772EEEF0957.jpeg

F50169EF-0FC4-4206-847F-470EC65B2E93.jpeg

7F16E89C-42DC-45B4-AE7D-F5767441B5CB.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You can tell me it's the middle of Summer & all that, but it still looks cold.

It is the middle of summer but it was a bit fresh when I took those pics, think it was about 8.30am. Much better now, still cloudy though.

Just back from a 14km trail run/walk, 1hr40 with 320 mtrs of vert, think my 935 must be playing up, as it seemed waaay harder than that. 😄

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tyno said:

Sekrit spot? :D

Not a secret but much less crazy than Woolacombe to the north and Croyde to the south. I literally ran into the place last year. We were staying at Woolacombe and I was trail running most days and it was the result of  a ‘ I wonder where that goes’  kind of moment.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

Just now, KieranR said:
11 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Cranked over 9000km on the bike for the year.

That’s very impressive.  I’ve ridden 1256km this year 🙁

6 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Bet you've caught more fish than anyone else though 😀

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KieranR said:

I've done 18km. :( :(

10km head clearing run, much needed. Surf was rubbish when  I left and cranking when I came back but I just can’t get off the sofa at the moment.

Had a lot to process in the last 48hrs. Happy to watch the others surf right now.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2

On 05/08/2019 at 7:26 AM, Cat Lady said:

Bet you've caught more fish than anyone else though 😀

Not enough to keep up with the kids appetite for them though, thought we would have some tonight only to find the freezer empty of fish!  Looks like a dive is on the cards for tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Haha 1