prizna

What training did you do today...

31 minutes ago, Surfer said:

FP you could have a new goal eg finish in good shape, enjoy the day etc etc  ... 

That has to be the plan now.

The two races I’m doing are part of a three race series. The first in the series ( Race to the Tower) was yesterday. Same distance as my first race but 1000mtr more vert. My mate did it. I’m a better road runner than him ( just) but he’s a much better trail runner than me.

He did it in 11hrs15mins and he’s shattered. Eek! haha

• Like 1

For the first time in 2 years I got out of the water because of the cold.

I don't have a swim cap, and when I went swimming this morning the brain freeze just wouldn't go. I turned around after less than 150m and came back in. Looks like I'll have to go and buy a swim cap for the first time since I was a kid. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Did trainer road ramp test this morning FTP has gone up from 202W to 259W in 6 weeks, and that's after 7 parkruns on Sunday. I've been on the SST base low intensity program. I'm so excited that I'm going to enter Western Sydney 70.3. I start the trainer road 70.3 base program tomorrow 

IMG_1829.PNG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Had a Drs appt which is about 6kms from home. caught the bus there and walked back.  Taper time. :lol:

• Like 1

Did an F45 session the other day - first one ever.

Today I'm literally dying of DOMS in my biceps. Can't extend my arms past 90 degrees! Worst DOMS ever. Probably because I haven't done weights in a long long time. 

• Confused 1

16km easy run, that's the last hit out before next Saturday.  Hip is not happy but strangely, seems easier running than walking.  Netflix and strength work for the next work and a healthy dose of 'she'll be right mate' on the day. 🤞

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, FatPom said:

16km easy run, that's the last hit out before next Saturday.  Hip is not happy but strangely, seems easier running than walking.  Netflix and strength work for the next work and a healthy dose of 'she'll be right mate' on the day. 🤞

Youll be right. Just need to manage expectations. 

• Like 2

On 08/06/2019 at 12:41 PM, AA7 said:

Only as good as your last race

IMG_20190608_123954.png

No need to justify your ability. 👍Everyone knows you're faster than me. They're just stirring.

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

No need to justify your ability. 👍Everyone knows you're faster than me. They're just stirring.

Happy to stir back.

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

But how many times has Alison been to Kona? :)

5 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

But how many times has Alison been to Kona? :)

At least once.

9 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Well that backfired. :)

Well, assuming I'm thinking of the right person. :blush:

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

At least once.

Yep, once. Qualified at my first IM. Had never ridden more than probably 120km. No idea about how to train for or do an IM. No idea about KQ, someone at the beach the following morning said I should go to some rolldown thing. So I did.

Edited by AA7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Yep, once. Qualified at my first IM. Had never ridden more than probably 120km. No idea about how to train for or do an IM. No idea about KQ, someone at the beach the following morning said I should go to some rolldown thing. So I did.

tell the truth, you just went to the roll down because you thought it was an up market sausage sizzle (rolls rather than bread). 😉😂

• Haha 1

No training wasting time sitting through interviews that I should not have been sent to as I am too senior 😂 this looking for a new job every 6 months is giving me the shits, but the term permanent does not exist in project management anymore.

On 18/06/2019 at 11:21 AM, MissJess said:

No training wasting time sitting through interviews that I should not have been sent to as I am too senior 😂 this looking for a new job every 6 months is giving me the shits, but the term permanent does not exist in project management anymore.

Well become a product manager and bingo. Permanent ;)

1 hour ago, Cat Lady said:

Are you still competing this weekend FP? If so, good luck and enjoy!

Yes, I've decided to start. I saw the physio for 90mins  on Monday and she did a load of testing and doesn't think it is ITB or bursitis. She did confirm my left side is weak compared to the right.  I can't remember the name she used to describe the symptoms but it was something to do with the 'greater tronchater' (sp).

Her husband is running in the Race to the Stones in 3wks for the second time, so she's aware of the demands.  She thought I'd be ok to start, as long as I take it very easy. She also gave me a load of exercises to do in order to make it stronger for Stones.

So I will start tomorrow. It won't be quick or pretty but the weather is meant to be lovely and who doesn't love a 16hr walk? :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

So I will start tomorrow. It won't be quick or pretty but the weather is meant to be lovely and who doesn't love a 16hr walk? :lol:

That's the spirit. I have a friend who would probably run the first km and then pull out. I think he's a bit soft. But you are a true hard man of the sport. Not afraid of a tough course or a cold swim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

That's the spirit. I have a friend who would probably run the first km and then pull out. I think he's a bit soft. But you are a true hard man of the sport. Not afraid of a tough course or a cold swim.

I'm always afraid but just do it anyway. :lol:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I'm always afraid but just do it anyway. :lol:

Have a blast FP, looking forward to your report afterwards 

29 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Have a blast FP, looking forward to your report afterwards 

Cheers Surfer. I have two aims, either finish before the pizza places and pubs are shut or string it out and go straight to cafes for breakfast.:lol:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, FatPom said:

A 16 hr walk to a finish is a finish. And puts you ahead of those that don't finish or never start because it might be hard. 

But play it smart and be aware of your body. Consequences can be long term if you ignore the signs.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Turts said:

A 16 hr walk to a finish is a finish. And puts you ahead of those that don't finish or never start because it might be hard. 

But play it smart and be aware of your body. Consequences can be long term if you ignore the signs.  

Cheers Turts, taken on board. 

I know I should done this before but didn't, last night I packed my running vest fully, a little heavier but however I put that headtorch, it seem to stick in my back.  I wrapped it in a spare sock in the end.

1 minute ago, FatPom said:

Cheers Turts, taken on board. 

I know I should done this before but didn't, last night I packed my running vest fully, a little heavier but however I put that headtorch, it seem to stick in my back.  I wrapped it in a spare sock in the end.

Haha, I packed mine multiple times, race morning that still happened. Just wiggle it a bit. 

• Like 1

Joined a group of nine for a 1500m Winter Solstice swim at the dam this morning. 

It's very difficult to type this out at the moment, as my fingers are yet to get any real feeling back, and I'm shivering all over. :)

It was fun though.

The post -swim group photo:

65299784_1159394777575628_8100874332521103360_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQmIBw3qq_Cz1Wc8e8NRT1Mj-W1jMGVJrUfyNs-XC9OeQFXGZwvUITPvhx14Ep7ZnQM&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=a2f934c60a4f6652616ff7109c0b49ad&oe=5DC4F30F

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Joined a group of nine for a 1500m Winter Solstice swim at the dam this morning. 

It's very difficult to type this out at the moment, as my fingers are yet to get any real feeling back, and I'm shivering all over. :)

It was fun though.

The post -swim group photo:

65299784_1159394777575628_8100874332521103360_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQmIBw3qq_Cz1Wc8e8NRT1Mj-W1jMGVJrUfyNs-XC9OeQFXGZwvUITPvhx14Ep7ZnQM&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=a2f934c60a4f6652616ff7109c0b49ad&oe=5DC4F30F

There's my buddy Michael.

What's the water temp?

8 minutes ago, AA7 said:

There's my buddy Michael.

What's the water temp?

The thermometer said 16.4 where we started, but there were a few spots where it seemed a bit cooler than there.

Michael said it was so cold he couldn't feel one of his legs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2k swim around shark island for the solstice this morning. 

Water was supposed to be 18 but it felt warmer to me (and that is saying something coming from me). Was colder out than in.

I did relent and wear a wetsuit.

6AE7DA4B-9BCE-4B3F-95A3-AE3CB86FDF78.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

The thermometer said 16.4 where we started, but there were a few spots where it seemed a bit cooler than there.

Michael said it was so cold he couldn't feel one of his legs.

I was trying to think up a joke for the leg, I had nothing, but you nailed it though :)

• Haha 1

Finally back on the bike after 10 weeks off for a very slow and hard 55 this am (even had two swims and a 15 k cycle last week), might even try running soon - gained 20kg since the Worlds last September, the prep for Noosa #35 is going to be hard.

(collection of unrelated illnesses, conditions and injuries, a cracked-through crank, chocolate binges while completing uni assignments, etc etc)

• Like 4

On 21/06/2019 at 11:22 AM, Turts said:

13:49:01

That was beyond hard. Hip was very painful after 25km and I was reduced to walking a lot more than normal. Very hot for the UK.  I am absolutely buggered.

More tomorrow. Right now, cup of tea and bed!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, FatPom said:

That was beyond hard. Hip was very painful after 25km and I was reduced to walking a lot more than normal. Very hot for the UK.  I am absolutely buggered.

Excellent result especially when you're carrying injuries going in.  They even calculated VO2 max for you which seems especially odd when it's an ultra so would include any times that you'd stop along route!

Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 10.39.48 am.png

3 hours ago, FatPom said:

great work!

4 hours ago, truck said:

Excellent result especially when you're carrying injuries going in.  They even calculated VO2 max for you which seems especially odd when it's an ultra so would include any times that you'd stop along route!

Thanks mate.

There was more stopping than I had planned. I had to sit down and rest aid stn 5,6 and 7, also waited for medical at two of them ( cold spray). Then about a mile after leaving one I had some grit in my shoe.

There was a cyclist waiting for his running friend sat on a raised grass verge.  I stopped there, sat on the verge and took my shoes and decided to change my socks. We were chatting then when I put my right shoe, I had a massive debilitating cramp in my calf.  My new best friend was up in a shot, grabbed foot and held ease the cramp off. I was in agony and he was great.

Ir reckon I used up 15-20 mins there. All in all, I reckon an hour stoppage time. It doesn't matter, those stops were needed in order to finish at all.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Turts said:

great work!

Cheers Turts. This ultra lark is hard!  I doth my cap to you. 👍

Edited by FatPom

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Well done FP 👏

Cheers Surfer.

6 hours ago, FatPom said:

Cheers Turts. This ultra lark is hard!  I doth my cap to you. 👍

Haha, hard is what makes it fun! 

• Like 1

Haven't been here for a while because I haven't been sticking to the early stages of my plan very well... shed loads of travel, sister's wedding and then a holiday in Seoul before getting back here to HK have limited the ability to structure it properly.

Forced myself into the sweatbox at the hotel today and did the programmed 30 mins at 3:57 whilst sweating out of my eyes. 12 weeks to go.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KieranR said:

Cut a few laps and landed some tricks at the skate park 😂

80916E9B-D875-4907-8E6F-9A7A123AD6D3.jpeg

394B4FE2-5BC3-4417-8E5C-13E08BF40197.jpeg

Gotta love some cross-training Kieran, nice work dude 🤘

Yassos... meant to be x 4 < 2:50 and managed 2.5....

Two weeks of long haul flying taking its toll!

Long run tomorrow.

Got back on the bike after about 6 months.

rolled down the road turned into the headwind went to change gears and ... nothing. Garmin said my di2 battery was at -1%. How does that even happen? 

Anyway continued for a bit, found a wallet on the road, turned out it was a guy across the road from me, and I took it to him before he even realised he’d lost it. 

Ducked home charged the battery for 10 mins and then hit the road again for a bit more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1