prizna

What training did you do today...

31 minutes ago, Surfer said:

FP you could have a new goal eg finish in good shape, enjoy the day etc etc  ... 

That has to be the plan now.

The two races I’m doing are part of a three race series. The first in the series ( Race to the Tower) was yesterday. Same distance as my first race but 1000mtr more vert. My mate did it. I’m a better road runner than him ( just) but he’s a much better trail runner than me.

He did it in 11hrs15mins and he’s shattered. Eek! haha

• Like 1

For the first time in 2 years I got out of the water because of the cold.

I don't have a swim cap, and when I went swimming this morning the brain freeze just wouldn't go. I turned around after less than 150m and came back in. Looks like I'll have to go and buy a swim cap for the first time since I was a kid. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Did trainer road ramp test this morning FTP has gone up from 202W to 259W in 6 weeks, and that's after 7 parkruns on Sunday. I've been on the SST base low intensity program. I'm so excited that I'm going to enter Western Sydney 70.3. I start the trainer road 70.3 base program tomorrow 

IMG_1829.PNG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Had a Drs appt which is about 6kms from home. caught the bus there and walked back.  Taper time. :lol:

• Like 1

Did an F45 session the other day - first one ever.

Today I'm literally dying of DOMS in my biceps. Can't extend my arms past 90 degrees! Worst DOMS ever. Probably because I haven't done weights in a long long time. 

• Confused 1

16km easy run, that's the last hit out before next Saturday.  Hip is not happy but strangely, seems easier running than walking.  Netflix and strength work for the next work and a healthy dose of 'she'll be right mate' on the day. 🤞

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, FatPom said:

16km easy run, that's the last hit out before next Saturday.  Hip is not happy but strangely, seems easier running than walking.  Netflix and strength work for the next work and a healthy dose of 'she'll be right mate' on the day. 🤞

Youll be right. Just need to manage expectations. 

• Like 2

On 08/06/2019 at 12:41 PM, AA7 said:

Only as good as your last race

IMG_20190608_123954.png

No need to justify your ability. 👍Everyone knows you're faster than me. They're just stirring.

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

No need to justify your ability. 👍Everyone knows you're faster than me. They're just stirring.

Happy to stir back.

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

But how many times has Alison been to Kona? :)

9 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Well that backfired. :)

Well, assuming I'm thinking of the right person. :blush:

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

At least once.

Yep, once. Qualified at my first IM. Had never ridden more than probably 120km. No idea about how to train for or do an IM. No idea about KQ, someone at the beach the following morning said I should go to some rolldown thing. So I did.

Edited by AA7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Yep, once. Qualified at my first IM. Had never ridden more than probably 120km. No idea about how to train for or do an IM. No idea about KQ, someone at the beach the following morning said I should go to some rolldown thing. So I did.

tell the truth, you just went to the roll down because you thought it was an up market sausage sizzle (rolls rather than bread). 😉😂

• Haha 1

No training wasting time sitting through interviews that I should not have been sent to as I am too senior 😂 this looking for a new job every 6 months is giving me the shits, but the term permanent does not exist in project management anymore.