prizna

What training did you do today...

I've started doing TRX workouts.

I have also discovered I am really shit at TRX/CORE

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I've started doing TRX workouts.

I have also discovered I am really shit at TRX/CORE

Keep at it because the value of core strength cannot be underestimated.

My new coach has us do 20 min core workout before every 1 hour swim set we do. 

Anyone who says they don't have time is making excuses or has their priorities wrong. For me, a 20 min core, 60 min swim and the 40 min travel time I am only away from the family for 75 mins...

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, pieman said:

Keep at it because the value of core strength cannot be underestimated.

My new coach has us do 20 min core workout before every 1 hour swim set we do. 

Anyone who says they don't have time is making excuses or has their priorities wrong. For me, a 20 min core, 60 min swim and the 40 min travel time I am only away from the family for 75 mins...

Your maths doesn't check out there.

1 minute ago, AA7 said:

Your maths doesn't check out there.

I think that was the joke (follow on from other thread about tine management)

8 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

I think that was the joke (follow on from other thread about tine management)

Ah, of course. I should pay more attention. I've been too busy training to read Trannies. 

41 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Ah, of course. I should pay more attention. I've been too busy training to read Trannies. 

It's the off season - relax... 😋

3 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

It's the off season - relax... 😋

Just had my month off, back to it.

29 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Just had my month off, back to it.

Fair enough - but you should probably take October off too - wouldn't want to overdo it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Fair enough - but you should probably take October off too - wouldn't want to overdo it

#showdown

12 hours ago, BogFrog said:

It's the only chance I have! 😂

I've never beaten you, remember?

12 hours ago, BogFrog said:

It's the only chance I have! 😂

AA7 is gone. Cranky has gotten into her head the same as Jan with Sanders. :)

Swim. River. 

1 deg air temp, "feels like" of minus 1

Water temp 11. 

Felt cold. Very very cold. 

Did 1k

Edited by Turts
Edit for distance
  • Like 1

I had my first winter swim in memory.

2k round shark island. 

14 degrees out, still 20 degrees in. 

090268F1-1F2C-4DD1-8A93-EAE8B0FF0722.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

AA7 is gone. Cranky has gotten into her head the same as Jan with Sanders. :)

Only as good as your last race

IMG_20190608_123954.png

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, AA7 said:

I've never beaten you, remember?

Ha! Injured and sick while i was in fine fettle...

Maybe I just shouldn't show up just to keep my streak alive :tongue_smilie:

Trial Bay Triathlon bike course in pissing rain and fog at 16 deg. Makes Mt Cootha look like a little girls tea party 😉

16 deg is actually 1 deg above my 'can ride in summer gear' temp.

Down here with friends for the running festival....but I'm just riding...and fishing....and drinking

Two out of three completed 🙊

Edited by ComfortablyNumb

On 07/06/2019 at 2:14 AM, Surfer said:

Hows your week been? Feeling any better?

It’s been very frustrating Surfer. Ran an easy 10km @5.30 pace on Tues, no issue. Did a 30min turbo Wed no issue. Then went to run 10km Thurs and had to pull the pin at 7.5km as that hip pain I had way earlier in the year came back. It wasn’t excruciating but I’m backing out at the first sign of anything right now.

Ive had some different steroid tabs prescribed for my allergy and that has helped heaps. Still a bit run down though.

I’m in Somt again, plan today was to do a last big run followed by a shorter one tomorrow. I’ve changed my mind now. I think my only option is to to a little and often with a 25km thrown in sometime in the next two weeks. It’s not like I will get any fitter in that time.

Not ideal but IMO it’s my only chance of salvaging a start in two weeks time. Decided to completely rest today.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

The Blue Mountains Hipster Coffee Run. 11k in total. Two stops for coffee, and one hell of an interesting downhill between East Blaxland and Emu Heights :crazy:

4 hours ago, FatPom said:

It’s been very frustrating Surfer. Ran an easy 10km @5.30 pace on Tues, no issue. Did a 30min turbo Wed no issue. Then went to run 10km Thurs and had to pull the pin at 7.5km as that hip pain I had way earlier in the year came back. It wasn’t excruciating but I’m backing out at the first sign of anything right now.

Ive had some different steroid tabs prescribed for my allergy and that has helped heaps. Still a bit run down though.

I’m in Somt again, plan today was to do a last big run followed by a shorter one tomorrow. I’ve changed my mind now. I think my only option is to to a little and often with a 25km thrown in sometime in the next two weeks. It’s not like I will get any fitter in that time.

Not ideal but IMO it’s my only chance of salvaging a start in two weeks time. Decided to completely rest today.

Plan B seems like a good option, you gotta take care & be flexible which is what youre doing. Glad to hear the treatment for your allergies is kicking in 

• Like 1

Back at it for a week after a break. Trying to get the body used to some sort of routine. 

47 weeks until port right?

On 08/06/2019 at 3:26 PM, ComfortablyNumb said:

Trial Bay Triathlon bike course in pissing rain and fog at 16 deg. Makes Mt Cootha look like a little girls tea party 😉

16 deg is actually 1 deg above my 'can ride in summer gear' temp.

Down here with friends for the running festival....but I'm just riding...and fishing....and drinking

Two out of three completed 🙊

Repeated without the rain, but with the worst hangover I've had in years.  

Now three out of three completed, bagged a nice flattie on fly & christened my new 8 weight outfit.

Mineral water tonight :blush:

FlyFlattie[1].jpg

26km test run. 2hrs44. Hip started playing up at 20km,it seems much worse running downhill.  Going to back right off now for two weeks, plenty of strength/core stuff at the gym.

I might be able to salvage my race but it’s hard to imagine my sub 13hr goal being possible now.  :(

• Like 2

4 hour Zwift ride... After which the missus decides to tell me she has a long list of jobs for me to do.... And you know you just have suck it up and do it otherwise you will never hear the end of it lol

Thank God I had some cans of Monster in the pantry 😉

2 minutes ago, more said:

4 hour Zwift ride... After which the missus decides to tell me she has a long list of jobs for me to do.... And you know you just have suck it up and do it otherwise you will never hear the end of it lol

Thank God I had some cans of Monster in the pantry 😉

That’s a good effort on Zwift mate.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FatPom said:

That’s a good effort on Zwift mate.

Yeah thanks mate, wasn't really planning on it but got in a groove, 1,600m elevation gain... Was pretty stoked, was a good session 👍

Edited by more

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

26km test run. 2hrs44. Hip started playing up at 20km,it seems much worse running downhill.  Going to back right off now for two weeks, plenty of strength/core stuff at the gym.

I might be able to salvage my race but it’s hard to imagine my sub 13hr goal being possible now.  :(

FP you could have a new goal eg finish in good shape, enjoy the day etc etc  ... 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Surfer said:

FP you could have a new goal eg finish in good shape, enjoy the day etc etc  ... 

That has to be the plan now.

The two races I’m doing are part of a three race series. The first in the series ( Race to the Tower) was yesterday. Same distance as my first race but 1000mtr more vert. My mate did it. I’m a better road runner than him ( just) but he’s a much better trail runner than me.

He did it in 11hrs15mins and he’s shattered. Eek! haha

• Like 1

For the first time in 2 years I got out of the water because of the cold.

I don't have a swim cap, and when I went swimming this morning the brain freeze just wouldn't go. I turned around after less than 150m and came back in. Looks like I'll have to go and buy a swim cap for the first time since I was a kid. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Did trainer road ramp test this morning FTP has gone up from 202W to 259W in 6 weeks, and that's after 7 parkruns on Sunday. I've been on the SST base low intensity program. I'm so excited that I'm going to enter Western Sydney 70.3. I start the trainer road 70.3 base program tomorrow 

IMG_1829.PNG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Had a Drs appt which is about 6kms from home. caught the bus there and walked back.  Taper time. :lol:

• Like 1

Did an F45 session the other day - first one ever.

Today I'm literally dying of DOMS in my biceps. Can't extend my arms past 90 degrees! Worst DOMS ever. Probably because I haven't done weights in a long long time. 

• Confused 1

16km easy run, that's the last hit out before next Saturday.  Hip is not happy but strangely, seems easier running than walking.  Netflix and strength work for the next work and a healthy dose of 'she'll be right mate' on the day. 🤞

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, FatPom said:

16km easy run, that's the last hit out before next Saturday.  Hip is not happy but strangely, seems easier running than walking.  Netflix and strength work for the next work and a healthy dose of 'she'll be right mate' on the day. 🤞

Youll be right. Just need to manage expectations. 

• Like 2

On 08/06/2019 at 12:41 PM, AA7 said:

Only as good as your last race

IMG_20190608_123954.png

No need to justify your ability. 👍Everyone knows you're faster than me. They're just stirring.

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

No need to justify your ability. 👍Everyone knows you're faster than me. They're just stirring.

Happy to stir back.

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

But how many times has Alison been to Kona? :)

5 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

But how many times has Alison been to Kona? :)

At least once.

9 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Well that backfired. :)

Well, assuming I'm thinking of the right person. :blush:

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

At least once.

Yep, once. Qualified at my first IM. Had never ridden more than probably 120km. No idea about how to train for or do an IM. No idea about KQ, someone at the beach the following morning said I should go to some rolldown thing. So I did.

Edited by AA7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Yep, once. Qualified at my first IM. Had never ridden more than probably 120km. No idea about how to train for or do an IM. No idea about KQ, someone at the beach the following morning said I should go to some rolldown thing. So I did.

tell the truth, you just went to the roll down because you thought it was an up market sausage sizzle (rolls rather than bread). 😉😂

• Haha 1

No training wasting time sitting through interviews that I should not have been sent to as I am too senior 😂 this looking for a new job every 6 months is giving me the shits, but the term permanent does not exist in project management anymore.

1 hour ago, Cat Lady said:

Are you still competing this weekend FP? If so, good luck and enjoy!

Yes, I've decided to start. I saw the physio for 90mins  on Monday and she did a load of testing and doesn't think it is ITB or bursitis. She did confirm my left side is weak compared to the right.  I can't remember the name she used to describe the symptoms but it was something to do with the 'greater tronchater' (sp).

Her husband is running in the Race to the Stones in 3wks for the second time, so she's aware of the demands.  She thought I'd be ok to start, as long as I take it very easy. She also gave me a load of exercises to do in order to make it stronger for Stones.

So I will start tomorrow. It won't be quick or pretty but the weather is meant to be lovely and who doesn't love a 16hr walk? :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

So I will start tomorrow. It won't be quick or pretty but the weather is meant to be lovely and who doesn't love a 16hr walk? :lol:

That's the spirit. I have a friend who would probably run the first km and then pull out. I think he's a bit soft. But you are a true hard man of the sport. Not afraid of a tough course or a cold swim.

• Like 1