prizna

What training did you do today...

14 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

If I'm doing intervals on the trainer (when I haven't found the pins that I'd rather stick in my eyes) I always find the first interval really hard - even after a decent warm up.  It's probably that you need to remind your body what to do.  The conversation in my is interesting as I force myself to push through the first rep - the second rep feels a lot easier even though the HR might be the same or higher...

Talking of mind games-that's the beauty of Strava for me-again this morning after 30 mins I was ready to pull the plug and go back to bed. But the thought of everyone seeing me pull a heart muscle kept me going. Its funny the games we play in our heads to make the body do things it doesn't want to do..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Keep an eye on your health for the next couple of days. It could be the first sign of a flu/cold coming on.

Had a mild head cold last week, but have run (well lets call it a pacy jog :)) 3 times since with no struggles so hopefully it's not coming back.

13 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

152km in the hills & then home to mow the lawn for world nude gardening day

I’m glad I live 8 hours away 

Had a toasted bagel, porridge and an egg. Just waiting for the off in 3hrs. All going to plan so far. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

152km in the hills & then home to mow the lawn for world nude gardening day

Pics or it didn't happen - I mean the ride, not the gardening...

• Haha 1

100km MTB race today, 1600m climbing, took me 7hr 13m

I was so over rock gardens by the end

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

It’s on Instagram 

You're making a total arse of yourself :BN_Characters_fullmoon:

I haven't done anything for a week now after getting a flu/cold. I had planned to go swimming tomorrow, but now have to pick my wife & daughter up from an "80's" night at the EH sometime in the middle of the night. The worrying thing was, when I asked my wife what time to pick her up, she said my 23 year old daughter will ring me, cause she'll be the more sober.

Add to that that Summer finished up here this morning, and it's going to be cold tomorrow, and for the rest of the week.

1500m swim in a 25m pool testing out my borrowed 3/4 wettie again.  I'm 1min faster over 1500m in a wettie than without, even swimming conservatively as I was feeling a bit off today.

Hope Byron will be a wettie swim, but it seems unlikely as water temp is still over 25 atm. I've developed the yips with ocean swimming after Noosa, but will just have to suck it up.

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

It’s on Instagram 

Instagram rules are no boobs. So it won’t stay up long. 

Not that I want to see but how do I find your Instagram?

7 hours ago, FatPom said:

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.

£70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

Impressive! Those gentleman start hours must suit you 😂. 31k of trails here today with 1100m of elevation backing up a 136/5k brick yesterday. Feeling a bit tired....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all.  Can'6t say there will be any backing up today. Currently lying in bed with a bag of frozen peas on my knee. :)

I've had on and off pain since my big tumble on a training run at Easter. Hopefully some RICE sessions will ease it. I'm backing the mileage right off this week.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sat - rode 60km with bike club coffee then 10km run 

Sun 28 km run zone 2 

Mon 5 km recovery run

Tues Trainer Road 1 hour then in evening track session with running club

Wed swim 1 hour just drills

Thurs Trainer Road sweet spot then 10km Tempo run HR 160-170

Today Rest day 

Tomorrow planning parkrun 

• Like 2

On 05/05/2019 at 4:49 AM, FatPom said:

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.

£70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

awesome work FP!

Dropped the kids at Post Malone last night so ducked into the Olympic pool for a quick swim. 

Holy crap navigating the "fast" lane there was a nightmare.  I said to the Mrs it was like going the wrong way through Ikea. 

Dashed any thoughts of doing any serious swimming so just put the paddles on and plodded along. 

25 minutes ago, roxii said:

Dropped the kids at Post Malone last night so ducked into the Olympic pool for a quick swim. 

Holy crap navigating the "fast" lane there was a nightmare.  I said to the Mrs it was like going the wrong way through Ikea. 

Dashed any thoughts of doing any serious swimming so just put the paddles on and plodded along. 

Sounds like you learnt your lesson and will go back to the medium lane where you belong.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, roxii said:

2 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Sounds like you learnt your lesson and will go back to the medium lane where you belong.

Fast/Medium is always an issue with me. I used to travel a bit so swam in a number of different pools. What some say is medium would beat every swimmer in the fast lane in others. I prefer some that actually put time estimates on the lanes.

6 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Fast/Medium is always an issue with me. I used to travel a bit so swam in a number of different pools. What some say is medium would beat every swimmer in the fast lane in others. I prefer some that actually put time estimates on the lanes.

Time estimates are great - except when the fast lane is timed at 55sec per lap 🙄

Swam shark island this morning. Cold and windy in Sydney but south Cronulla was protected and the water was about 20 degrees and amazingly clear. Was like swimming in an aquarium this morning there were that many fish around. Couple of big bright blue gropers were the highlight. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, roxii said:

Swam shark island this morning. Cold and windy in Sydney but south Cronulla was protected and the water was about 20 degrees and amazingly clear. Was like swimming in an aquarium this morning there were that many fish around. Couple of big bright blue gropers were the highlight. 

Some reported seeing a whale.....

• Haha 1

Nothing for me all week. I've been doing RICE on this knee and it's easing but just tried a test run and was back home within 2km.  My first ultra is in 7wks.

Another week of rest and RICE at least I reckon, which means we're entering the realm of 'high stakes resting' and being patient is not my strong point. 👎

Annoying this I know exactly how this happened, the pain is exactly where the bruising and grazing is from my fall. The reason I fell is because I was tired and let my concentration wander. :wallbash:

• Sad 1

An easy 1km at the dam this morning. I'm back to taking it easy after a bit of aching down my arm after picking up the distance a couple weeks ago. I didn't put a lot into the arms, but maintained a strong 6 beat kick the whole way, so it wasn't too slow. Absolutely beautiful morning out there with a slight mist on the water and the clouds down around the hills.

And the water is starting to get a little bit cool now, so you don't get overheating problems. :)

• Like 2

60km of a 75km bike ride and got a sudden mechanical. Taxi home. Think it's the derailleur...

Not my week - found a screw in my back car Tyre yesterday - I'd been driving on it and the Tyre is screwed...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BogFrog said:

60km of a 75km bike ride and got a sudden mechanical. Taxi home. Think it's the derailleur...

Not my week - found a screw in my back car Tyre yesterday - I'd been driving on it and the Tyre is screwed...

You know the answer is going to be New Bike  AND New Car 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hopefully some progress. Did a test run today. Knee was manageable as long as the pace was easy..  20kms, 1:56.

Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

After getting back into running and with IM  Cork only 5 weeks away, I’m in the midst of a solid month. This week:

Swim: 27k, 5 squads and one short open water (sub 15deg) 

Bike: 601km, two rides 180k+, one 30/30, one 8x8min @ 340, one easy 3hr

Run: 52km, 5 runs, all easy except for 30min @ IM pace off of Wednesday 4.8k Swim + 180km ride

• Like 2

19km easy run. 1:46, knee seems to be holding steady.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 22/05/2019 at 9:39 PM, FatPom said:

19km easy run. 1:46, knee seems to be holding steady.

You might be able to swim soon. After all, the water would be getting to a balmy 12C by now.

FM 

2 hours ago, Flanman said:

You might be able to swim soon. After all, the water would be getting to a balmy 12C by now.

FM 

Time for the sleeveless then. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Apart from a Wed run,  I've done nothing this week due to work. For once, I can say 'Thanks Trump' :lol:

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

10km run at lunch time - 5:24 pace just rolling along.

Why so slow?  recovery run? or just wanted to finish fresh?

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Why so slow?  recovery run? or just wanted to finish fresh?

Running with the boss. A smart man will never beat the boss on a lunch time run. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Running with the boss. A smart man will never beat the boss on a lunch time run. 

I used to run with the other 2 managers in my area. The first half we talked shop and it was actually very productive, but we were all quite competitive, and it made for some very interesting surges toward the end. :)

Easy 31km trail run/walk. 490 mtrs ascent. 3hr30.

Was meant to be 4hr but have been feeling pretty rough this week and work stress has been off the scale, so I cut back home.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

FP, I think the important thing is lack of a stack.

Or is it just unreported? :)

7 minutes ago, Tyno said:

FP, I think the important thing is lack of a stack.

Or is it just unreported? :)

There was a trip but I recovered. I'm getting better. :whistling::lol:

• Haha 1

Another week in the bank. 

Swim - 28km - 5 x squad, 1x recovery

Bike - 564km - 1 x 8x8min at 340w on Zwift, 1 x Vo2 session on Zwift, 2 x 180km (brick runs off), 1 x easy 80km

Run - 62km - 1 x 6x5min at IM pace, 1 x 10km brick run off long ride at IM pace, 1 x easy 10km, 1 x easy 10km off long ride, 1 x 20km long run

• Confused 1

Getting back into it :D

60 minute steep trails on Saturday and then a 17km Z2 yesterday. 20 mins tempo today. 

Feels good to be back in the saddle!

• Like 1

Just 1km this morning, but no pain, so that's good.

A lovely red & purple sunrise over the dam wall at the halfway point made it all worthwhile. Great way to start the day. 

AA7, you may want to put a wetsuit on if you're swimming out there. It's starting to cool down just a little bit. I'm finding it worse this year because I'm not swimming every day, so I'm not as used to it.

• Like 1

Back in the UAE after 4 months in freezing Iowa. Bikeless at the moment but doing 50k a week in the Asics. You forget, but you don't forget, about the heat and humidity of the Gulf. Going from -35 to + 35 is a shock.

• Sad 1

Nothing cos I’m sick 😢  I have a wicked sore throat just as I take a weeks leave, boo. However, the bigger problem is I’ve had my allergy flare up and am absolutely covered in rash on my arms and part of my face.

It all started when I became allergic to surgical adhesives and latex during one of my operations. I had six weeks of steroid therapy to try an arrest it. It was absolute agony.

A couple of week’s ago I was working on the car with what I thought were nitrile gloves but were latex, that started a small reaction. Then last week, I had to do a RBS site visit to oversee a tech swap and it was very sunny. Sometimes heat will kick it off.  I didn’t feel well at the visit and a day later the rash spread and since then it’s just gotten worse.

I have some steroid tablets to take but it’s a matter of not scratching and waiting.  I feel really down right now and just when I need to slam in some big Kms.

bah humbug :(

• Sad 1