Jump to content
prizna

What training did you do today...

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Fast/Medium is always an issue with me. I used to travel a bit so swam in a number of different pools. What some say is medium would beat every swimmer in the fast lane in others. I prefer some that actually put time estimates on the lanes.

Time estimates are great - except when the fast lane is timed at 55sec per lap 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swam shark island this morning. Cold and windy in Sydney but south Cronulla was protected and the water was about 20 degrees and amazingly clear. Was like swimming in an aquarium this morning there were that many fish around. Couple of big bright blue gropers were the highlight. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, roxii said:

Swam shark island this morning. Cold and windy in Sydney but south Cronulla was protected and the water was about 20 degrees and amazingly clear. Was like swimming in an aquarium this morning there were that many fish around. Couple of big bright blue gropers were the highlight. 

 

Some reported seeing a whale.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing for me all week. I've been doing RICE on this knee and it's easing but just tried a test run and was back home within 2km.  My first ultra is in 7wks.

Another week of rest and RICE at least I reckon, which means we're entering the realm of 'high stakes resting' and being patient is not my strong point. 👎

Annoying this I know exactly how this happened, the pain is exactly where the bruising and grazing is from my fall. The reason I fell is because I was tired and let my concentration wander. :wallbash:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An easy 1km at the dam this morning. I'm back to taking it easy after a bit of aching down my arm after picking up the distance a couple weeks ago. I didn't put a lot into the arms, but maintained a strong 6 beat kick the whole way, so it wasn't too slow. Absolutely beautiful morning out there with a slight mist on the water and the clouds down around the hills.

And the water is starting to get a little bit cool now, so you don't get overheating problems. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

60km of a 75km bike ride and got a sudden mechanical. Taxi home. Think it's the derailleur...

Not my week - found a screw in my back car Tyre yesterday - I'd been driving on it and the Tyre is screwed...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BogFrog said:

60km of a 75km bike ride and got a sudden mechanical. Taxi home. Think it's the derailleur...

Not my week - found a screw in my back car Tyre yesterday - I'd been driving on it and the Tyre is screwed...

You know the answer is going to be New Bike  AND New Car 😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully some progress. Did a test run today. Knee was manageable as long as the pace was easy..  20kms, 1:56.

Fingers crossed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After getting back into running and with IM  Cork only 5 weeks away, I’m in the midst of a solid month. This week:

Swim: 27k, 5 squads and one short open water (sub 15deg) 

Bike: 601km, two rides 180k+, one 30/30, one 8x8min @ 340, one easy 3hr

Run: 52km, 5 runs, all easy except for 30min @ IM pace off of Wednesday 4.8k Swim + 180km ride

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2019 at 9:39 PM, FatPom said:

19km easy run. 1:46, knee seems to be holding steady.

You might be able to swim soon. After all, the water would be getting to a balmy 12C by now.

FM 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flanman said:

You might be able to swim soon. After all, the water would be getting to a balmy 12C by now.

FM 

Time for the sleeveless then. :lol:

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from a Wed run,  I've done nothing this week due to work. For once, I can say 'Thanks Trump' :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

10km run at lunch time - 5:24 pace just rolling along.

Why so slow?  recovery run? or just wanted to finish fresh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peter said:

Why so slow?  recovery run? or just wanted to finish fresh?

Running with the boss. A smart man will never beat the boss on a lunch time run. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Running with the boss. A smart man will never beat the boss on a lunch time run. 

I used to run with the other 2 managers in my area. The first half we talked shop and it was actually very productive, but we were all quite competitive, and it made for some very interesting surges toward the end. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy 31km trail run/walk. 490 mtrs ascent. 3hr30.

Was meant to be 4hr but have been feeling pretty rough this week and work stress has been off the scale, so I cut back home.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tyno said:

FP, I think the important thing is lack of a stack.

Or is it just unreported? :)

There was a trip but I recovered. I'm getting better. :whistling::lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another week in the bank. 

Swim - 28km - 5 x squad, 1x recovery

Bike - 564km - 1 x 8x8min at 340w on Zwift, 1 x Vo2 session on Zwift, 2 x 180km (brick runs off), 1 x easy 80km

Run - 62km - 1 x 6x5min at IM pace, 1 x 10km brick run off long ride at IM pace, 1 x easy 10km, 1 x easy 10km off long ride, 1 x 20km long run

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting back into it :D

60 minute steep trails on Saturday and then a 17km Z2 yesterday. 20 mins tempo today. 

Feels good to be back in the saddle!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just 1km this morning, but no pain, so that's good.

A lovely red & purple sunrise over the dam wall at the halfway point made it all worthwhile. Great way to start the day. 

AA7, you may want to put a wetsuit on if you're swimming out there. It's starting to cool down just a little bit. I'm finding it worse this year because I'm not swimming every day, so I'm not as used to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the UAE after 4 months in freezing Iowa. Bikeless at the moment but doing 50k a week in the Asics. You forget, but you don't forget, about the heat and humidity of the Gulf. Going from -35 to + 35 is a shock.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing cos I’m sick 😢  I have a wicked sore throat just as I take a weeks leave, boo. However, the bigger problem is I’ve had my allergy flare up and am absolutely covered in rash on my arms and part of my face.

It all started when I became allergic to surgical adhesives and latex during one of my operations. I had six weeks of steroid therapy to try an arrest it. It was absolute agony.

A couple of week’s ago I was working on the car with what I thought were nitrile gloves but were latex, that started a small reaction. Then last week, I had to do a RBS site visit to oversee a tech swap and it was very sunny. Sometimes heat will kick it off.  I didn’t feel well at the visit and a day later the rash spread and since then it’s just gotten worse.

I have some steroid tablets to take but it’s a matter of not scratching and waiting.  I feel really down right now and just when I need to slam in some big Kms.

bah humbug :(

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FatPom said:

Nothing cos I’m sick 😢  I have a wicked sore throat just as I take a weeks leave, boo. However, the bigger problem is I’ve had my allergy flare up and am absolutely covered in rash on my arms and part of my face.

It all started when I became allergic to surgical adhesives and latex during one of my operations. I had six weeks of steroid therapy to try an arrest it. It was absolute agony.

A couple of week’s ago I was working on the car with what I thought were nitrile gloves but were latex, that started a small reaction. Then last week, I had to do a RBS site visit to oversee a tech swap and it was very sunny. Sometimes heat will kick it off.  I didn’t feel well at the visit and a day later the rash spread and since then it’s just gotten worse.

I have some steroid tablets to take but it’s a matter of not scratching and waiting.  I feel really down right now and just when I need to slam in some big Kms.

bah humbug :(

That sucks FP!

We all know a new bike solves absolutely everything but this time, as a one off, I suggest some retail therapy in the shape of walking poles for your trail race coming up.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/05/2019 at 5:55 PM, FatPom said:

I have some steroid tablets to take but it’s a matter of not scratching and waiting.  I feel really down right now and just when I need to slam in some big Kms.

bah humbug :(

Sounds grim mate. Can you get out to walk at all? I find it's still much better than nothing and keeps the steps ticking over :)

I did 90mins from Adelaide airport today, Z2 which for some reason was down at 5:03! Yesterday it was 6:04. Bodies are weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, monkie said:

Sounds grim mate. Can you get out to walk at all? I find it's still much better than nothing and keeps the steps ticking over :)

I did 90mins from Adelaide airport today, Z2 which for some reason was down at 5:03! Yesterday it was 6:04. Bodies are weird.

Yeah did some walking thanks mate.  It’s not settling but not getting worse.

Managed a very easy run today as my throat is a lot better.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Planning on a swim at the dam at sunrise tomorrow. Anyone interested? The water should actually feel warm. 

brrrrrrrrrrrrr. :)

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t exercised for over a week now. Starting tomorrow with a game of golf then gym. 

Special day tomorrow. 

FM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 x Yassos in Perth. Managed to hit 2:47 and then 2:46. Took a wrong turning through so instead of Kings Park I ended up running along a railway line in Perth!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had my first surf in a long time !

always at the beach but pushing my youngest into them etc 

but my back finally feels right after a few months of pain some times to the point of being in tears .

so happy  ! It’s ment to be building swell as well !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14km Run was meant to be tempo but turned into very easy, I just had zero energy. I think the combo of this sore throat and allergy really knocked me about :(

Total Run Kms for this week is only 65. First ultra only 3wks away.   Uggh help me Jeebus

Edited by FatPom
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FatPom said:

14km Run was meant to be tempo but turned into very easy, I just had zero energy. I think the combo of this sore throat and allergy really knocked me about :(

Total Run Kms for this week is only 65. First ultra only 3wks away.   Uggh help me Jeebus

Chin up FP, that 14k is still 14k in your legs. Make the most of getting well & being sensible.    Control the controllable 😊

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, should have listened to my body more closely yesterday.   Ran/walked mixed trail today but just couldn't get my breathing under control, kept running out of gas and then started to get bad hip pain.  Had to walk the last flat 4km home and walked loads more than that all up.  25km in 3hrs, eek! I suppose it counts as 'time on feet'.

I think this allergy thing has hit me much more than I realised. :(

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Hmm, should have listened to my body more closely yesterday.   Ran/walked mixed trail today but just couldn't get my breathing under control, kept running out of gas and then started to get bad hip pain.  Had to walk the last flat 4km home and walked loads more than that all up.  25km in 3hrs, eek! I suppose it counts as 'time on feet'.

I think this allergy thing has hit me much more than I realised. :(

 

 

Would it be better to walk until youre well enough to run? 

Edit to add - this is a genuine question, not being a smart Alec

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Would it be better to walk until youre well enough to run? 

Edit to add - this is a genuine question, not being a smart Alec

 That thought occurred to me about 2hrs too late :lol:

Plan is to take it really easy the next week or so and make a call next week.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KieranR said:

I zwiftes for an hour today

How did it feel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 6:27 PM, FatPom said:

14km Run was meant to be tempo but turned into very easy, I just had zero energy. I think the combo of this sore throat and allergy really knocked me about :(

Total Run Kms for this week is only 65. First ultra only 3wks away.   Uggh help me Jeebus

I'm not the best person to be advising anyone on this stuff at the moment, but if you've previously been doing a bit of training and are prepared to take it easy in the event, then I think you'll be fine.

On ‎2‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 8:01 PM, FatPom said:

Plan is to take it really easy the next week or so and make a call next week.

Good call.  Listen to your body and stay safe!

Good luck with it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/06/2019 at 7:32 PM, FatPom said:

Hmm, should have listened to my body more closely yesterday.   Ran/walked mixed trail today but just couldn't get my breathing under control, kept running out of gas and then started to get bad hip pain.  Had to walk the last flat 4km home and walked loads more than that all up.  25km in 3hrs, eek! I suppose it counts as 'time on feet'.

I think this allergy thing has hit me much more than I realised. :(

 

 

Hows your week been? Feeling any better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...