prizna

What training did you do today...

Guest FFF1077

@FatPom awesome stuff. Bloody good time 😎🤘

@goughy yeah I have been doing yoga a couple of times a month. Great relaxation and stretching time. Only disappointment is that I don't know how to put it on Strava....

Couple of Zwift rides this morning. Can't shake the MKC body clock. Punched out a solid sprint again in London and then rolled a big gear in Watopia. 

Spotify is the go for these sessions. Made it through them easily. Helps pass the time. 

Yay 

Edited by FFF1077
Bits and pieces

Attempted TrainerRoad Bago this morning.  Failed.  Managed to hit the numbers for the first set, but failed during the second, and just tried to keep some sort of effort for the 3rd.  Supposed to be a VO2 max session, but I just don't have the bike leg strength for it - VO2 max sessions running aren't a bother...  Proves my lack of bike work!

Jumped in the bay yesterday for a quick splash between the storms. 

Felt like crap, ended up with 2k @ 1.24/100 pace*. 

DC366D29-CBF9-41D6-9E72-4E5BD83DDAF0.jpeg

*salt water, no wet suit, garmin distance and pace (however accurate they are)  

• Like 3

Guest FFF1077
1 hour ago, roxii said:

Jumped in the bay yesterday for a quick splash between the storms. 

Felt like crap, ended up with 2k @ 1.24/100 pace*. 

DC366D29-CBF9-41D6-9E72-4E5BD83DDAF0.jpeg

*salt water, no wet suit, garmin distance and pace (however accurate they are)  

Cracker of a spot 👌

Yesterday was 6 x 4min @ 3:40s and then 3.5km swim, today was 2.4k swim sprints and then 12.5k @4:05s (with traffic!). Feeling really strong right now. Loving it :D

• Like 3

I did 1km at the dam again today. That's 2 swims since the first week of January. Now I know how people who don't swim much feel when they decide to start training for an IM.

At least the venue was good. Just on sunrise, with the near full moon still above the trees to the west. I had the dam to myself & it was a sheet of glass.

• Like 3

I swam shark island last night 1.9 km @ 1.28 /100 pace*. Water was great, nice and clear. Groper, turtles and rays out plus lots of other fish. Storm coming in made for a great sunset. There was a shark shooting there at 3pm but we figured by 6pm when we went in he would be in bed 

056948C5-C62D-43D0-B12C-EFE4ABA6DFA9.jpeg

This morning backed up with a 5k swim in the bay. 1.37/ 100 pace* Longest straight swim since 1996 (Sri chinmoy lake swim Lake Burley Griffin) 

Time to taper and try and sharpen up for the 5k race I two weeks. 

*salt water, no wetsuit, distance and pace by Garmin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Spent the last coule of days in the Blue Mountains actually riding a bike outdoors! Great fun!

• Like 2

32km run in Ballarat, round and round the lake.  A smidge over 3hrs. Just a little bit chillier than Cairns. 😁

Edited by skel
  • Like 2

83 min Zwift, 30.8 kms, 589 mtrs, 194 av watts. (that's really gonna screw with the OCDs here :lol:)

70km mtb planned for tomorrow.

• Like 2

5.5hour session on indoor trainer (zwift) due to bad weather, covering 165km.

i do not recommend this...brutal physically and mentally

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Almost 18k run this morning - from Rhodes to Parramatta with a slight detour.

Scott is cooking dinner and I am getting my hand slapped out of the way 🤣 #hungry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shovelled what felt like approx 2 tonne of sand into sandbags today then delivered them to the houses in risk of flooding.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Almost 18k run this morning - from Rhodes to Parramatta with a slight detour.

Scott is cooking dinner and I am getting my hand slapped out of the way 🤣 #hungry

still waiting for dinner at 8:45?! I'm at work... on my second pizza 😮 

Good job on the run!

I managed an hour on zwift... 

43km Run. Crescent Head to Port Macquarie Lighthouse.  Just under 5 hours  

Something I’ve always wanted to do.  Pretty sure I won’t do it again, certainly not on a hot day. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Day 1 of Tour of Mansfield (VRS)

Stage 1 - 13.7k TT

Done on roadie with no aerobars, no helmet or skinsuit as my TT position is not UCI legal. Seemed to be a lot rolling on TT bikes who wouldn’t have been UCI legal but oh well. 49th of 77, not terrible considering lack of equipment. Rode solid but just under threshold with stage 2 in the arvo in mind.

Stage 2 - 75km finishing with Old Tolmie Rd (6.3k @ 7.2% according to Strava)

After many attempts after the neutral zone, a small break got away. Inform sat on the front controlling tempo, I attempted to get across, got close but ultimately was caught in no mans land for about 15min. Sat up, back in the bunch, then in crosswinds the field got shattered before coming back together in head wind. By base of climb everyone was together. Unfortunately my power meter was reading zero after the first hour but averaged 172HR up the climb to finish 21st and move to 27th overall.

Time for Mt Buller this morning to finish the Tour! 

Edited by lachie94
  • Like 2

Ran a half marathon.  Gee there are some fast runner. 

Blew at the 16k mark. 

47 minutes ago, Peter said:

Blew at the 16k mark. 

Was he? 

Did you say g’day ? 

• Haha 3

Got 10 min into a 1 hr easy flat spin.

Not pain free so pulled the pin.

29 minutes ago, roxii said:

Was he? 

Did you say g’day ? 

Yeah I haven’t seen him since Kona 2011 and before that IMNZ 2004.  

Mt Glorious trail race, 22kms, 1200m ascent, 600m descent.  Went 2.29 which is ~25mins quicker than when I did it 3 yrs ago and it was pretty hot out there today.  Pleased with that considering biggest training week in close to 2 years, no taper and rode solid yesterday for a couple of hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, truck said:

Mt Glorious trail race, 22kms, 1200m ascent, 600m descent.  Went 2.29 which is ~25mins quicker than when I did it 3 yrs ago and it was pretty hot out there today.  Pleased with that considering biggest training week in close to 2 years, no taper and rode solid yesterday for a couple of hours.

"and it was pretty hot out there today. " That's a bit of an understatement. 36 degrees here at the foot of Mt Glorious, with an apparent temp of 39. Any improvement on last time is well & truly earned.

I "ran" up a hill. As with cycling, I'm really not a fan of descending!

C4F7A241-C47A-4818-9EA9-3F4CBE870E11.jpeg

• Like 2

Longish (72km) ride with the bike club.  Did not like the first hour as it was dark, the roads are a "little lumpy", and I couldn't tell the difference between a shadow and hole while being second wheel (I've lost my confidence after too many bike stacks).  Enjoyed the second half when the sun came up and I realised that I had a lot more left in the tank that the others and jumped on the front - not sure they get much drafting benefits from me though! 😂

• Like 2

Another 2k swim in the bank today.

An easy loosener after yesterday’s 5k.

managed 1.28/100 pace *

30AD5418-BFAE-46BA-AA71-BF8E7F083AD7.jpeg

:huh: 

bit crowded because of the warm weather so had to dodge a few people. Still enjoyable. 

B6839492-285D-4BBB-BB36-33CAF9C311EB.jpeg

*salt water, no wetsuit, Garmin distance and pace 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

"and it was pretty hot out there today. " That's a bit of an understatement. 36 degrees here at the foot of Mt Glorious, with an apparent temp of 39. Any improvement on last time is well & truly earned.

😂yes, pre-race, race and post race fluids at around 4L at the moment. I am so over Brisbane’s never ending summer - could be worse, have a mate training here for the Boston marathon - freezing and wet conditions last year  have got him worried for this year. 

71km mtb XC ride with a mate on the beautiful South Downs Way.  Lovely sunny day and a good time all round.👍

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 3

Stage 3 of Tour of Mansfield yesterday.

Managed to get up 2 spots on GC to 25th at the end. Not great legs for the Mt Buller stage. The bigger teams all jostled for position by the base of the climb which left me at the back and never in the mix from the start. Not easy racing these as a solo entrant. Just tapped up at tempo and picked off those who’d blown or done their work.

Fun two days and now to decide if I want to do Baw Baw in a couple of weeks.

No records at this mornings swim squad!

Edited by lachie94
  • Like 3

5.5 hours turbo. That's the end of Hot Fuzz, an episode of The Grand Tour, a Jeremy Kyle, the end of The Fellowship of the Ring and the start of Les Mis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Another PB up the summit. Who would have know training makes you go faster. 

0CF48BE9-1426-4680-8008-4D23A2D536A3.png

It shouldn't count as I heard you didn't look very fresh at the finish..

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It obviously wasn't 4am, but was it at least raining?

Yep it was raining yesterday. I was also on the road by 07:15 which is a really early start for me. I could t sleep so thought I would get out & ride. 

End of a pretty big week with a three hour Z2 @5:34 and then 40 mins in the ocean this arvo.

• Like 1

M7 on the TT. Why is that bloody gate there? Was closed today and two peeps on the other side confirmed there was barely a puddle on their side. Even if there was some water on it, put up a sign and let us decide - don't just block it off. I was relying on getting food, water and a toilet stop on the other side...  Annoying...

I did 1km in the dam again this morning. No pain again, but I need to get out there more than once a week. Awesome morning to be there too. :)

DSC_2590.thumb.JPG.10406eb31f4fc79be4053a0349945270.JPG

• Like 3

Well not exactly training I did today, but yesterday...and by "training" I mean racing. WAs at Kingy tri....best conditions I've ever seen for it in the 5 years I've been doing it. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I did 1km in the dam again this morning. No pain again, but I need to get out there more than once a week. Awesome morning to be there too. :)

DSC_2590.thumb.JPG.10406eb31f4fc79be4053a0349945270.JPG

Did you swim there yesterday as well?  Did a lap around the dam as part of a 30km trail and noticed someone swimming pulling a pink buoy behind them, looked to have a dodgy right shoulder based on the swim stroke 😂

• Haha 1

Another km this morning. This time in one of the lakes on Stradbroke Island. The beaches were closed due to the strong SE winds, so I figured I'd try out Brown Lake. Lovely spot for a swim, and sooooo peaceful. 

DSC_2600.thumb.JPG.d64f6a2af1fde232f5424b3dfdf57112.JPGDSC_2607.thumb.JPG.099a5879aab84d6abb56dbb2d1b70ff2.JPG

• Like 1

3 x 30mins at 90% FTP on the bike and then 90 mins Z2 @ 5:23s. Knackered now!

• Like 1

I RAN TODAY!!!

havent been able to run since before Xmas due to adductor tendonopathy which has been a nightmare. Had to pull out of IM NZ and trying to get ready to do Busso. So good to run.

Still a long way to full recovery and be able to run a marathon though.

531C9EE2-2E81-45F9-A443-231A777458B4.png

• Like 4

1hr Zwift.  27km, 524 mtrs, 204 watts.  Been a while since I've been up Epic Climb.

Another 1.1km swim this morning. I'm still taking it slow, and not building distance yet, but feels great to be swimming at least something again. And unlike 2 weeks ago, it didn't tire me out at all. :)

• Like 1

6 hour turbo. Very pleased it's out the way. Grim.

Consisted of: 4 x episodes of Man Down, TOP GUN (which was an INSPIRED choice), a Jeremy Kyle and the end of Les Mis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, monkie said:

6 hour turbo. Very pleased it's out the way. Grim.

Consisted of: 4 x episodes of Man Down, TOP GUN (which was an INSPIRED choice), a Jeremy Kyle and the end of Les Mis.

I simply cannot comprehend that (the 6hrs on the turbo, not the tv watching 😂).  Raining today or another reason??

4hrs @ 200W here enjoying a balmy autumn day in Brissie.

1 minute ago, truck said:

I simply cannot comprehend that (the 6hrs on the turbo, not the tv watching 😂).  Raining today or another reason??

4hrs @ 200W here enjoying a balmy autumn day in Brissie.

Mrs Monkie doesn't like me going out on the roads combined with UV & the efficiency I prefer to suck it up and do it indoors. Certainly not adverse to an outdoor ride every now and then but Trainerroad works for me and has improved my FTP by about 40 watts over a year so seems like it works!

• Like 2