prizna

What training did you do today...

Guest FFF1077

Yeah good ride. Well sorted Katz. 

New power PB for me during a sprint, just over 1000 watts. Not massive but I am stoked. 

Off to jog ✌️😎

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

New power PB for me during a sprint, just over 1000 watts. Not massive but I am stoked. 

Christ!

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

That explains how you shot past me like a bullet!

I have a new PB of 361w. lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, roxii said:

Quick splash in the bay for me.

1k in 14.40 ish 

Tide coming in or out?

Guest FFF1077

6.3k solid aerobic run. Felt good after having a cold for a while 

37 minutes ago, Peter said:

Tide coming in or out?

Downhill with a tailwind 

• Haha 1

Guest FFF1077
5 minutes ago, roxii said:

Downhill with a tailwind 

Better than a WA short cut.... 🤔😳

Guest FFF1077

45min Regen on Zwift in London. Bloody crowded... Even online... LOL 

Then 30min Basic Endurance in Watopia. 

3am kick off 😎🤘😂😂😂😂✌️

800m swim in the dam this morning.

Not fast, and did a bit of backstroke & breaststroke interspersed, but (touch wood) at this point no pain.

Boy have I lost fitness though.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

800m swim in the dam this morning.

Not fast, and did a bit of backstroke & breaststroke interspersed, but (touch wood) at this point no pain.

Boy have I lost fitness though.

image.jpeg.c377c364002987273874152f68ddcffd.jpeg

Guest FFF1077

3km pool swim paddles and bouy. 

3x1km descending. 

1:54/100

1:50/100

1:46/100 respectively. 

slept in till 8:30 & then joined the old man vets weekly ride in the hills. 90km, coffee & done by 12am. Home & took my wife out for lunch.

Good times

• Like 1

Ride after work. Went from 28 degrees to hail in 25 minuets. And bike broke so a 6km walk in the hail back to car. 

Accidently deleted file so didn’t happen. But have photo so does that count 

7A0DEDBD-C98C-484B-B2D4-CF28FEDD112C.jpeg

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

Is that traffic? Stopped?

Yes muppets parked under bridge across all lanes stopping everyone else. 

Just did my first ramp test (thanks Monkie!) and it's given me a lower number than my 20min FTP test gave me a few months ago.  But I think I messed it up. The instructions said to simply stop peddling and it would calculate my FTP then.  So I paused, a different screen came up, so I started my warm down - I realised about 30 seconds later that it had restarted the test once I had started peddling again, but I had only been t about 50% FTP for the last 30 seconds.  I paused again and saw that I should have pressed stop test...  

I presume I should disregard that ramp test and try it again in a few days...

Ripper ride this morning - 75km before work.  Meant I needed a 4.30am start to get it done, but glad I did as I am away for the weekend and won't be able to take the bike.

Got stood up by a couple of mates (their loss) so it was great doing the whole thing on my own and having a chance to think.

• Like 2

Rode 5km from home, front tyre started to go flat. Cracked this shits, road home drank coffee and went shoe shopping,

• Like 2

Was due to run 28km.  Got to 26.2km and pulled the pin. Couldn’t even manage the walk / run thing. Was so hot and very humid when I left at 5.40am. Haven’t never felt so disheartened. Have struggled over the past few weeks.  Working hard on good recovery, stretching, food, sleep.  Just not hitting the mark in half the sessions. Not sure whether to persevere, only 6 weeks to go,  or drop back to half marathon. Think I am too old for long stuff. 😞

• Sad 1

Pool swim last night, 2k with a 1k tt in the middle 16.00 flat

Salt water bay swim today 4K 1.01.01 (no wetsuit)

probably longest straight swim since 1996 

• Like 3

2km set in the Cook & Phillip Park Pool in Sydney CBD.  It's a bit dark down in there when the sky is grey, probably the slowest swim I've done in months, but ya just gotta get it done. Celebrated out eldest daughters 26th last night at a beaut Spanish restaurant in the city, so had a few Sangria's under the belt 😉

Edited by ComfortablyNumb
  • Like 1

On 15/03/2019 at 9:54 AM, BogFrog said:

I presume I should disregard that ramp test and try it again in a few days...

Welcome to the never moving club! Yes, if you think you messed it up you should retest but I doubt what you did will have affected it that much.. @Alex Simmons will be able to give you the definitive answer though.

Five hour turbo for me today, that was 6 x episodes of White Gold new series, 1 x Alan Partridge Welcome to the Places of My Life and 2.5 x Derren Brown. I was bored by the end.

• Like 2

Stripped about 10 acres of wallpaper.  Ideal pre race prep for tomorrow's HM. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FatPom said:

Stripped about 10 acres of wallpaper.  Ideal pre race prep for tomorrow's HM. :lol:

Smash Reading!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, roxii said:

Pool swim last night, 2k with a 1k tt in the middle 16.00 flat

Salt water bay swim today 4K 1.01.01 (no wetsuit)

probably longest straight swim since 1996 

Roxii are you paddling  much? Have noticed any bennefit from your swim fitness on your paddling & vice versa?  

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Roxii are you paddling  much? Have noticed any bennefit from your swim fitness on your paddling & vice versa?  

Probably just a bit of muscle endurance if anything. I haven’t really been doing either too vigorously so nit expecting too much. 

They seem to use slightly different muscles so when I started swimming my shoulders felt reasonable but was obviously not swim specific as the tendons weren’t quite up to it and gave me some grief. 

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Probably just a bit of muscle endurance if anything. I haven’t really been doing either too vigorously so nit expecting too much. 

They seem to use slightly different muscles so when I started swimming my shoulders felt reasonable but was obviously not swim specific as the tendons weren’t quite up to it and gave me some grief. 

Thanks, was curious because I was told swimming would be good for paddling & I didnt notice it helping me

30min Tabata session with my wife in the gym at the Sydney CBD Travelodge.  It's the 2nd time we've done this on hols & I find it a really good efficient & different workout with basically no equipment needed.....except earplugs cos she keeps saying how bad my form is 🙄

Daisy hill trail race - shortened to 17km from 20km due to the recent deluge here and hills down from ~500m to ~350m as a result of the shortened course.  Wet and slippy which made a change and went ok finishing in 1.28 but a bit frustrated I left too much in the tank so should have gone quicker.  Good fun though and nice to run with other people😂.  Need to race more often....  Trail walk with the dogs in the afternoon to burn off a bit of that spare energy.

• Like 1

@FatPom How did you go?

Tried to go for a long run today, within 500 metres I was wetter than if I had jumped in the pool. Canned it, headed to the gym and did intervals on the treadmill for 90 mins then an hour swimming.

3 hours ago, monkie said:

@FatPom How did you go?

Tried to go for a long run today, within 500 metres I was wetter than if I had jumped in the pool. Canned it, headed to the gym and did intervals on the treadmill for 90 mins then an hour swimming.

1:38:31  not sure of place yet as results aren't out.  Holy hell that's a big race, someone said 14,000 runners!

• Like 5

First ever Yoga session this morning.  F me that was hard.  Glad I picked the easiest session!  Couldn't even cross my legs and sit on the mat comfortably!  When did I get this old?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, FatPom said:

1:38:31  not sure of place yet as results aren't out.  Holy hell that's a big race, someone said 14,000 runners!

Frickin brilliant time. You must be stoked? Well done.

If you want busy, try Royal Parks... My first HM!

31 minutes ago, goughy said:

First ever Yoga session this morning.  F me that was hard.  Glad I picked the easiest session! 

That's most people's response after the first lesson - people don't realise how tough it can be. Stick at it, it get's easier :)  Until you move to the next level...

Yeah, it was pretty funny with the ladies all holding, I think it was downward dog or something (jeeze I got a lot to learn) easily and I've got sweat pouring off my forehead onto my mat (glad I took my own) while the instructor is correcting me!  Was a little bit too hard to be the mindful experience I'm after, but will settle in time.  Aiming for at least two, maybe 3 times a week.

• Like 1

3rd indoor trainer set in 4 days - TrainerRoad is making things slightly more bearable!  Thanks again @monkie.  Just an easy recovery hour - Pettit.  Gonna do my first ever set of VO2 max work on the bike on Wed...  I've only ever gone as hard as sweet spot training on the trainer - seeing as I can't do my usual VO2 max running session, guess I better do it on the bike...  Thinking Matthes+1, Mist-1 or Bago.  Prepare for some cursing on Wednesday...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, goughy said:

Yeah, it was pretty funny with the ladies all holding, I think it was downward dog or something (jeeze I got a lot to learn) easily and I've got sweat pouring off my forehead onto my mat (glad I took my own) while the instructor is correcting me!  Was a little bit too hard to be the mindful experience I'm after, but will settle in time.  Aiming for at least two, maybe 3 times a week.

So would it be worth me trying, given a dodgey knee that can't take any weight went bent past about 15 degrees?

Buggers me!  My knees are my biggest issue with it.  But I'm hoping they'll strengthen and loosen over time.  

No training as such. 

Headed down to help as rider support for Revolve24.  Moral support, encouragement, tips and tricks, safety etc. 

Ride from 9am Friday to 130pm sunday. 

28.5 hrs, covered 330km at Tailem Bend track. 

Going slow, waiting for people to catch me, ride a lap or 2 with them, back off again...... With a few toilet and water stops, plus managing the rider drink stations.

Considering I haven't ridden more than 40km or a roadie in 3 years, or ridden more than 180 in 15 years, or more than 320 EVER,  I was quite impressed. 

My arse, however, was not so impressed. 

Edited by Turts
  • Like 6

Zwift race this AM. 38min @ 364w (5.3w/kg) with first 20 @ 374w (I.e. threshold). Most of others who finished in the front bunch were 1w/kg or so lower and I got rolled in the sprint. 70min easy spin on the road after.

4km swim with 30x100. In and out under an hour. 

Coaching cycling and swimming this afternoon = a bit more time on the feet and in the sun!

1 hour ago, Turts said:

BNo training as such. 

Headed down to help as rider support for Revolve24. 

Ride from 9am Friday to 130pmm sunday. 

28.5 hrs, covered 330km at Tailem Bend track. 

Going slow, waiting for people to catch me, rude a lap or 2 with them, back off again...... With a few toilet and water stops. 

Considering I haven't ridden more than 40km or a roadie in 3 years, or ridden more than 180 in 15 years, I was quite impressed. 

My arse, however, was not so impressed. 

Did u see the km the winner did 800+km in one day 

8 hours ago, monkie said:

Frickin brilliant time. You must be stoked? Well done.

If you want busy, try Royal Parks... My first HM!

Yeah really happy thanks mate.  I saw the crowd around the pacers and was glad I went on my own.  There was a lot of feet tapping in the first couple of kms but after that it split up a bit.  It was very windy and pretty cold at the start.  Crowd support was immense and finishing in the stadium very cool.

I suffered a blister on my right foot which is not something I've had for ages. Used my Hilly Twin Skin socks and Saucony Ride ISO, which thinking afterward, might have been the longest I've ran in those shoes.   Can't remember.

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Did u see the km the winner did 800+km in one day 

Yeah that train was a sight to see. They were flying the whole time. Group got bigger and smaller, but only slowed the last few hours. 

Had a few 12 hour folks tag in as well between 7 and 7. 

Quite a sight overnight on a relatively small track. 

Lap splits are here

https://www2.multisportaustralia.com.au/m3/individual?c=1&r=6680&e=1&a=115978&l=en-US

• Thanks 1

On 18/03/2019 at 10:25 AM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

So would it be worth me trying, given a dodgey knee that can't take any weight went bent past about 15 degrees?

@Ex-Hasbeen, could be worth a try?  The biggest issue I had was actually trying to sit cross legged on the mat for the early breathing stuff.  I could really cross my legs and had to use my hands to hold them in place and was actually a bit painful.  I'm hoping that settles in time if I get a bit more flexible.

32 minutes ago, goughy said:

@Ex-Hasbeen, could be worth a try?  The biggest issue I had was actually trying to sit cross legged on the mat for the early breathing stuff.  I could really cross my legs and had to use my hands to hold them in place and was actually a bit painful.  I'm hoping that settles in time if I get a bit more flexible.

just be careful and don't force anything.  Never, ever do anything which causes "pain"  tightness is OK.  with Yoga, pain is never your friend. 😀

• Like 1