prizna

What training did you do today...

19km easy run, 1hr55.

Took some motivating to get out the door, weather is horrendous today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

125 k bike then 12 k of run with intervals

Thats an impressive monday morning.

I just ran 11k

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Thats an impressive monday morning.

I just ran 11k

Some timing issues on this system it was Sunday 

Tempo run.  1km warm up and 7k @4.40 pace. 

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2

I did my first ever parkrun in Cornwall Park in Auckland this morning. I ran there from near Auckland Hospital in pouring rain. The apple maps said it was 5.2km to get there but it ended up being 8.5km and my phone was so wet I couldn't get it to work to check directions so I got there over 15 minutes late.  Still I had ran far enough that I thought I better do it and ended up with 37:19. Gives me an easy PB when I get around to racing my local parkrun.

Seemed like a good event and would have been good to hang around for a coffee in the park but it was too cold and wet. Ended up with an 18.7km run and back at hotel by 9:30 for a day of wet sightseeing.

• Like 2

Nill, spent 6 hours as a vollie for the Qld Schools Tri Champs

check out the trannies who still get a mention in the programme (Qld's who won national schools titles) tho....

IMG_5869.jpg

• Like 1

medium run. 17km @5.27s for 1hr32.  Last long run before Reading HM

• Like 2

3.5 km swim this morning. 

Longest swim since I got out of the water at Ironman 2008 :lol: 

salt water managed 1.33 / 100 pace 

had to share the water with these guys though.

stings started about 500 m in and then just kept going. 

Both arms both legs, down both sides and because I don’t wear a cap also got done on the ear and forehead (although to be fair I have a LOT of forehead) 

CB8E0FD8-B97C-47C5-92EA-A51FBB7EE44E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11km into an 80km ride and I stacked.  I was on the inside, asked if it was right turn here, she said yes, I turned, she went staight.  Just gravel rash and soft tissue damage but I'm fed up. 4th time in 18 months so have to ask what I'm doing wrong...

Bike needs a little TLC, but should be fixable with a few screwdrivers

• Sad 2

gumby.png.cdf8462c2d77275f2bc37a0ebf9d68d1.png

4th time down BogFrog. Wow, you have some resilience. I ride by myself cause I don't like to mix my gumby biking skills with the unpredictable skills of others.

• Like 2

1) Very bad road and tyre got caught in groove.

2) Guy not listening to directions of "left" and coming up my inside and going straight - but I didn't signal, just used voice 

3) My fault on my TT - wanted to take a corner on bars, but changed my mind late when I saw someone coming the other way (narrow section on M7. Sat up and as front is top heavy, it kept turning - sharp

4) This one

But if I ride by myself, I'm antisocial. I do all my run / swim training alone...

48 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

11km into an 80km ride and I stacked.  I was on the inside, asked if it was right turn here, she said yes, I turned, she went staight.  Just gravel rash and soft tissue damage but I'm fed up. 4th time in 18 months so have to ask what I'm doing wrong...

Bike needs a little TLC, but should be fixable with a few screwdrivers

Sucks you went down, sorry for that. However you ask what you're doing wrong.

1 and 3 sound like bike skills.

2 bit of bad luck/poor comms.

4-she said yes to turning right so I assume you turned into her and went down??? If the case why didn't you wait for her the inside bike to start the turn? 

• Like 1

Gearing up for a sprint tri in a few weeks. Unfortunately my only tri of the summer due to injuries. 

Sat 15k easy spin on the bike along the Brizzy River then straight into New Farm parkrun, (3k flat out then 2k super slow). plus a 2k swim set on the way home.

Sun 30k ride inc 1 x Mount Coot-tha lap into 2k hard run off the bike.

• Like 1

26kms of trails today around Coottha, D'Aguilar NP, Enoggera Dam - 800m of vertical.  Just wish it would cool down a bit!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Del said:

Gearing up for a sprint tri in a few weeks. Unfortunately my only tri of the summer due to injuries. 

Sat 15k easy spin on the bike along the Brizzy River then straight into New Farm parkrun, (3k flat out then 2k super slow). plus a 2k swim set on the way home.

Sun 30k ride inc 1 x Mount Coot-tha lap into 2k hard run off the bike.

You doing kingy ?

4 hours ago, roxii said:

had to share the water with these guys though.

May have been what got me on the arm last week. Not terrible, more annoying.

2 hours ago, prizna said:

Sucks you went down, sorry for that. However you ask what you're doing wrong.

1 and 3 sound like bike skills.

2 bit of bad luck/poor comms.

4-she said yes to turning right so I assume you turned into her and went down??? If the case why didn't you wait for her the inside bike to start the turn? 

Can't disagree with most of that. Re 4 I thought I saw her start the turn... Re 2 yep, should've indicated too. Re 1/3 how do I learn these skills? How can I learn how to get my wheel out of a rut / uneven road plate? Obviously you try to tackle them as near to 90 degrees as possible, but when you're taken  unawares or have no choice? Serious question - not being argumentative...

1 hour ago, trinube said:

May have been what got me on the arm last week. Not terrible, more annoying.

Got a couple of nasty welts. The one on the ear really hurts though. 

1 hour ago, BogFrog said:

Can't disagree with most of that. Re 4 I thought I saw her start the turn... Re 2 yep, should've indicated too. Re 1/3 how do I learn these skills? How can I learn how to get my wheel out of a rut / uneven road plate? Obviously you try to tackle them as near to 90 degrees as possible, but when you're taken  unawares or have no choice? Serious question - not being argumentative...

I can't help much sorry, I rode off the road at a U turn at busso and nearly ate shit.

My guess however would be, if confident enough a little bunny hop would get you up.

My suggestion get in with a local cycling club, I know some in my area do skills sessions. Alternatively just ride the trainer then pray on race day you less 'special' than me.

• Like 1

"Recovery" weekend... four hour bike into an hour easy run yesterday then 90 mins LSR this morning and 30 mins in the ocean.

Ramp test tomorrow 😓

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BogFrog said:

How can I learn how to get my wheel out of a rut / uneven road plate?

It really comes down to time on the bike to get used to balance and reacting to situations. It may not have helped this time, but it may have.

eg: See what was about to happen, lift your front wheel out, then putting your weight over it to allow the back to pop out. You can only try.

I used to practice balance by picking the newspaper up off the front lawn as I rode in from my morning rides. If you can pick stuff up off the ground while riding you have control of the bike. Mind you I'm not flexible enough to do it now, but I haven't ridden a bike in 3 months, and reckon I could be balancing stationary or doing rear wheel lifts while braking within 5 minutes of getting back on.

31 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It really comes down to time on the bike to get used to balance and reacting to situations. It may not have helped this time, but it may have.

eg: See what was about to happen, lift your front wheel out, then putting your weight over it to allow the back to pop out. You can only try.

I used to practice balance by picking the newspaper up off the front lawn as I rode in from my morning rides. If you can pick stuff up off the ground while riding you have control of the bike. Mind you I'm not flexible enough to do it now, but I haven't ridden a bike in 3 months, and reckon I could be balancing stationary or doing rear wheel lifts while braking within 5 minutes of getting back on.

Time on the bike? Bern riding 5 years and I ride two - three times a week on average, All outdoor apart from about 12 times a year on the trainer. I ride in a bunch 70% of the time, doing rolling turns or pacelines. Am in a bike club, but no skill sessions 😞 Probably need to learn to bunny hop. YouTube should help...(btw. front wheel got caught that time)

Shit! Could never pick up shit off the ground on the bike! Clipped in?!? 🤯

Edited by BogFrog
Edit to say, sorry for thread appropriation.

In the morning road ride with 17 year old daughter, first time in 13 months. She used to ride up until 15 the with move to Sydney had to give away as not a school sport here. But they had a lecture a couple of weeks ago about retrying things you used to do/enjoy. So she wanted to go for a ride. Took her thru Bobbin Head as nice and scenic. After all that time off road bike (still some MTBing) she still could ride away when she wanted.

Easy MTB in after on recently rebuilt MTB to check all worked and enjoy the view over Cowan creek in the sun

• Like 4

35 mins on Zwift, moderate.

Now I'm watching Benji on Nerflix with Little One.  I'd rather be doing over and unders :lol:

Edited by FatPom
  • Haha 3

I don't really 'train' anymore, just 'exercise' but did a 24km TT with the Mrs (she's training for the bike leg at Byron).  

She does all her riding on the windtrainer, except one road-ride on weekends, and I accompany her on those (the only time I get on a roadie now).

Dragged the old P3 out and while going around was thinking about the Di2 threads on here, and wondering why the Hell you'd bother and has the technology really made that much difference cos the old 2006 P3 just feels so fast to ride (fast is relative of course).  I only hop on it a few times a year now, but it always feels easy compared to my daughters roadie which is the only other roadie I ride.

She's on the roadie much more than me, but interestingly my MTBing and leg strength work (I never did this when racing) means I can mostly keep up.  

Horrible session. Was meant to be a 3 hour brick (2/1) but had nothing on the bike, was sweating all over the shop and felt dizzy... might have been the early start (I usually train during the day as I work early and late) or something else... pulled the plug after half an hour and am taking a rest day. Eurgh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, monkie said:

Horrible session. Was meant to be a 3 hour brick (2/1) but had nothing on the bike, was sweating all over the shop and felt dizzy... might have been the early start (I usually train during the day as I work early and late) or something else... pulled the plug after half an hour and am taking a rest day. Eurgh.

We all have those now and again mate. You just had a 'listen to the body day' 👍

• Like 2

Tempo run yesterday. 1km warm up and 8kms @ 4.40 pace.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

1hr Zwift regen this morning 

4km swim after work easy... 

Swimming again tonight with Justine ❤️😎✌️😁😁

• Like 1

I haven't been doing much recently. Feeling really quite down about the job hunting. I've been regularly doing my 20 minute power yoga sessions. Starting to feel a bit stretchier if nothing else. I went for a walk down to the library this morning and going for another walk on the trails shortly while the kid is at tennis. 

Been doing bugger all lately, but physio gave me the all clear to do a real easy swim tomorrow. 

Here's hoping. :)

13 minutes ago, Katz said:

I haven't been doing much recently. Feeling really quite down about the job hunting. I've been regularly doing my 20 minute power yoga sessions. Starting to feel a bit stretchier if nothing else. I went for a walk down to the library this morning and going for another walk on the trails shortly while the kid is at tennis. 

Better than nothing. 

Gin Gin this weekend? 

2 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Gin Gin this weekend? 

Yep. You?

3 minutes ago, Katz said:

Yep. You?

Na I have retired.*

*got other plans and no money.😂👍✌️

• Haha 1

Have you got a Gin Gin over in WA as well?

I thought we were the only politically incorrect ones.

Just swam 1km.  have man flu.  I left a lot of snot in that lane.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, flathead said:

The long courses in WA aren't quite the same as long courses elsewhere. :)

LongCourse.png.0be3ffb7de6d9e7c009c8ade3eb2caf7.png

Whenever someone cuts the course they make that the new official course.  Mark Robson visited this one twice.

• Haha 2