prizna

What training did you do today...

46 minutes ago, Peter said:

You must have slept in.  

1:45 ride. 30 min run off. 

All dry. 

Yep. I'm on holiday! Although workmen starting at 0650 in the hotel was not ideal!

Snowy mountains MTB festival day 2

1hr 45 min uphill in the morning 16km

1 hr 26 min downhill in the afternoon. Extra 2 km of downhill. Weather was sun, hail, heavy rain on the Thredbo Valley Trail on way down. 

Rear brake failed with 1/2 hr to go, good front brake practice. Also blew seals on front forks and rear suspension. 

Greatfun

8403A58A-6BD3-439E-8C44-85F8E85F3990.jpeg

Edited by rory-dognz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

hmm, my test run went 'ok'.  Did an easy 4km, can definitely feel it still tight but seemed manageable. Whether than can be managed for 3hrs is a different story.  More rest needed before next Sunday's race :(

Following a busy end to the week last week then the weekend spent trying to empty my old house of unwanted items by way of garage sale so I can get the house on the market and a almost spur of the moment decision to do the Albany Sprint tri in a few weeks time, I decided I should probably do something which resembles training. So, in my wisdom, I did my first Body Pump class in almost two decades and then found I struggled to do the planned swim session afterwards. I did do more than half of the session at least but then put my tail between my legs and came home.

Try again tomorrow. :)

3 hours ago, Katz said:

almost spur of the moment decision to do the Albany Sprint tri in a few weeks time

Hey, if that was good enough for IMWA, it's good enough for a sprint :D

22 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Hey, if that was good enough for IMWA, it's good enough for a sprint :D

Excellent point!

• Like 1

Went to the pool and practised holding my breath under water as I’m getting back into my spear fishing after a couple of years hiatus.  Pretty stoked to get 1:18 on one breath tonight. 

• Like 2

Today, after accusations of never getting out of first gear in training or racing by the LOML, I decided to do a 20km (sprint distance) TT on the Kickr. I chose the London map, the Greater Loop I think it is, which includes the Box Hill climb. May I just say this, it was unpleasant.

Will have a bit of a run this afternoon.

Final brick session at Nundah before Tweed Coast Enduro.

15' warm up, 5x 1:30/3:00 accelerations up to race pace with just rolling around for the 3:00 recoveries. 2 laps of Nundah as a warm-down before taking off for a 15' run at 5:40/km pace. Pleasantly surprised to find myself wanting to run faster than that and had to keep pulling back. Hoping for a 5:40/km run on Saturday but I've done all of my training at 5:30/km. We shall see what happens.

19 minutes ago, Katz said:

Today, after accusations of never getting out of first gear in training or racing by the LOML, I decided to do a 20km (sprint distance) TT on the Kickr. I chose the London map, the Greater Loop I think it is, which includes the Box Hill climb. May I just say this, it was unpleasant.

Will have a bit of a run this afternoon.

That Box Hill climb is surprisingly painful. I accidentally found myself on the Innsbruck hill the other night and persevered out of sheer ego. That was an hour of my life that I didn't quite enjoy as much as I thought I would. 

7 hours ago, BNothling said:

That Box Hill climb is surprisingly painful. I accidentally found myself on the Innsbruck hill the other night and persevered out of sheer ego. That was an hour of my life that I didn't quite enjoy as much as I thought I would. 

Agreed.

The run this afternoon was less of a run and more of a fast walk. doing foolish things like body pump plus going keto again have left me with an empty tank and loads of DOMS. 

Oh em gee.

I did deep water granny aqua today without a floaty belt on. You want to a core workout? That'll do it.

On 09/02/2019 at 9:36 PM, FatPom said:

hmm, my test run went 'ok'.  Did an easy 4km, can definitely feel it still tight but seemed manageable. Whether than can be managed for 3hrs is a different story.  More rest needed before next Sunday's race :(

I just came in to this thread to ask "How's the leg?". Glad it was "OK". That's a lot better than disastrous!

1 minute ago, monkie said:

I just came in to this thread to ask "How's the leg?". Glad it was "OK". That's a lot better than disastrous!

It's on the mend I think mate, thanks :)   Yesterday at the gym I ran 35min at 6.00/km pace and it seemed good but I didn't want to push anything. Trouble now is that I don't have much confidence in it.

Sunday is a target race, rather than a A race but I did want to give it a solid effort. Plan was to try for sub 3hrs.  It's 2 x 10mile laps. (at Bramley nr Reading). I'm wasn't that interested in just completing it but now we will have to see.

A week after I have the Winchester 10km, which last year I ran in 42.33 but that will be a jog around now.  March 17 is Reading HM, which I'm targeting 1.45, so Winchester will be the 'throw away' race.

Hopefully it all hangs together!

2 minutes ago, FatPom said:

It's on the mend I think mate, thanks :)   Yesterday at the gym I ran 35min at 6.00/km pace and it seemed good but I didn't want to push anything. Trouble now is that I don't have much confidence in it.

Sunday is a target race, rather than a A race but I did want to give it a solid effort. Plan was to try for sub 3hrs.  It's 2 x 10mile laps. (at Bramley nr Reading). I'm wasn't that interested in just completing it but now we will have to see.

A week after I have the Winchester 10km, which last year I ran in 42.33 but that will be a jog around now.  March 17 is Reading HM, which I'm targeting 1.45, so Winchester will be the 'throw away' race.

Hopefully it all hangs together!

Round the corner from my marquee company's yard in Shinfield. I know the area well, particular fan of Sherfield on Lodden but not of Tadley as we had a generator nicked from there one time. Bramley itself should be scenic if nothing else.They are a good set of races though and I'll join you at 'em in 2020!

Good luck and take it easy this week :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, monkie said:

Round the corner from my marquee company's yard in Shinfield. I know the area well, particular fan of Sherfield on Lodden but not of Tadley as we had a generator nicked from there one time. Bramley itself should be scenic if nothing else.They are a good set of races though and I'll join you at 'em in 2020!

Good luck and take it easy this week :)

Cheers buddy.

First run (well, run/walk to be specific) in I dont know how long.

I love running but am not built for it, and only seem to pick up injuries from it, but love it nonetheless.

Looking to build on this and fit in a couple of half's over the year.

• Like 2

Did some Swiss ball and rolling work yesterday.  Today I'm fitting 12 double USB sockets ( half of which need holes cutting in plaster board), 7 light switches and fitting a double LED strip in the garage and an extractor unit in the bathroom.

Perfect taper for Sundays 20 miler :lol:

1 hour ago, Ayto said:

First run (well, run/walk to be specific) in I dont know how long.

I love running but am not built for it, and only seem to pick up injuries from it, but love it nonetheless.

Looking to build on this and fit in a couple of half's over the year.

Parkrun is your friend. 

Gives you and the family a reason to get out of bed every Saturday and do something. Breaky after. 

And it’s fun. Free.  And remember your barcode. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, FatPom said:

Did some Swiss ball and rolling work yesterday.  Today I'm fitting 12 double USB sockets ( half of which need holes cutting in plaster board), 7 light switches and fitting a double LED strip in the garage and an extractor unit in the bathroom.

Perfect taper for Sundays 20 miler :lol:

Not a bad taper FP, wil keep your mind busy, no time to worry about that 'minor niggle'.

Have a great run, be sure to let us know how you get on

20 hours ago, Peter said:

Or just forget about the barcode/registration thing and run. If you have a watch you know your time. 

On 15/02/2019 at 7:11 PM, Peter said:

Parkrun is your friend. 

Gives you and the family a reason to get out of bed every Saturday and do something. Breaky after. 

18 hours ago, Tyno said:

Or just forget about the barcode/registration thing and run. If you have a watch you know your time. 

Have a barcode for Parkrun but never done it. Saturdays are a struggle for us as we typically are travelling most weekends, particularly Saturday.

Tend to agree with Tyno - will run where and when I can to just get it in.

2 days post run and sore as buggery hahahaha

I rode a bike..... Wtf.

Went to the other side of the bay to do the Malabar Magic ocean swim.

1k and 2.5 k swims

did them both and got a “Kona podium”  in both in my category 

4th in the 1k

5th in the 2.5 (Garmin measured at 2.8k+)

interstingly the pace was 1.36 /100 for both. 

• Like 4

110 km ride from Centennial Park to Garie Beach vis Waterfall.  A tad steep. 

FM

• Like 1

Relatively big weekend. 5 hour turbo yesterday then an hour on trails, 2:40 LSR this morning. Now for a flight to Hong Kong which I assume I shall walk off rather stiff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, monkie said:

Relatively big weekend. 5 hour turbo yesterday then an hour on trails, 2:40 LSR this morning. Now for a flight to Hong Kong which I assume I shall walk off rather stiff.

Keep an eye on DVT after a tough training session. 

FM

Edited by Flanman

100km on the kickr- I won’t say the bike was calibrated properly, but I’m still claiming that as an indoor cycling PB. 

I might even survive the Husky Ultimate Aquabike next weekend. Just have to fake a 2km swim with a bung arm and no swim training to speak of. ...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ayto said:

Tend to agree with Tyno - will run where and when I can to just get it in.

Park run is good if you like that sort of thing, I just mean go do it if it suits, but don’t worry about registering, taking a barcode. Go along and run as Unknown. 

Bronze medallion training this morning at surf life saving club, 30 minute strength session at gym, 4x8 minute run intervals with 1 min walk in between, followed up with 3km swim to finish

• Like 2

20 mile running race. Was targeting sub 3hr, just scraped in with an unofficial 2:55:30. Will see what the official time is later.  

Sofa, tv, beer 😎

• Like 6

4 hours ago, FatPom said:

20 mile running race. Was targeting sub 3hr, just scraped in with an unofficial 2:55:30. Will see what the official time is later.  

Sofa, tv, beer 😎

Nice job! How'd the leg pull up?

7 minutes ago, xblane said:

Nice job! How'd the leg pull up?

Cheers mate. The leg was ok until mile 13 then it went very tight. I didn't know whether to turn around or plough on, so I did the latter. It didn't get any worse but didn't go away either. Definitely felt it a lot on the climbs (thankfully not too many).

Results are up. I came 390/640 overall. 

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, FatPom said:

Sofa, tv, beer 😎

Great work! Very glad you made it round and in very respectable time too!

42 minutes ago, monkie said:

Great work! Very glad you made it round and in very respectable time too!

Cheers Monkie. I wasn't the only one questioning the 'wisdom' of clicking the two lap option. :lol:

Went on my first bunch ride (of 5) this morning.  All of my training in lead up to the recently finished Charity ride was done solo.

Was windy as buggery out this morning, and when speed went North of 40k/hr, my heart rate also sky rocketed accordingly.

Managed to hang onto the 40km loop until 500m to go when the bunch sprint ramped up.

Currently sitting at my desk at work sucking my thumb..........................

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 19/02/2019 at 10:54 AM, Ayto said:

Went on my first bunch ride (of 5) this morning.  All of my training in lead up to the recently finished Charity ride was done solo.

Was windy as buggery out this morning, and when speed went North of 40k/hr, my heart rate also sky rocketed accordingly.

Managed to hang onto the 40km loop until 500m to go when the bunch sprint ramped up.

Currently sitting at my desk at work sucking my thumb..........................

So, went out with the same bunch this morning. Still windy as buggery.

Sat on for the entire loop and managed to finish with the bunch, including the sprint.

No sucking of thumb as yet, but still a long way to go in the day 😮