prizna

What training did you do today...

On 16/01/2019 at 3:07 PM, xblane said:

Realised today there was a Toasty badge on Garmin Connect (activity in 38 degrees or higher)... anyone cracked that this summer?

Swim at lunch, 15 x 100m.

Just earned that badge this evening - but I didn't deserve it - I was swimming in a lake 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

wow, that's bloody toasty!  

Not if you heard how much he fk whinged the entire day. I put in an effort up the summit just to get away from his whinging..... 

It makes me laugh when ppl bang on about how great cycling is in Brisbane. They obviously have never ridden in Adelaide esp during the TDU.

5 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Not if you heard how much he fk whinged the entire day. I put in an effort up the summit just to get away from his whinging..... 

It makes me laugh when ppl bang on about how great cycling is in Brisbane. They obviously have never ridden in Adelaide esp during the TDU.

I have never heard anyone say that...

6 reps of the KAngaroo Point stairs in Bris last night! 

Legs are trashed today!

52 minutes ago, pieman said:

I have never heard anyone say that...

Haha. Have you got AP on block?

On 17/01/2019 at 7:44 PM, Bored@work said:

Did anyone mention how good Mt Coot-tha is at 4am in the rain?

Parkrun with Stikman and kid. I have a feeling my run was more pleasant than Stikman's. :lol1:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What a day, might not seem much to some but I am knackered.

Woke up and did 6k run.  Got home loaded the family in the car to head to the beach and did 1200m swim.  Came home fed the beasts then did an hour on the bike.

Basically did 1/3 of a 70.3 over the time it will hopefully take me to do the full distance 😝

• Like 2

6 hours ago, more said:

Went for a ride, got hit by a car...good times 

This is rubbish. You ok?

Went out real early ride on the M7 for a few hours. For the first 20 kms I felt like I was in a cocoon. There were so many spider webs that I rode through.  When I stopped to fill my bidding, I had a cape on as there were so many webs hanging off me. Luckily I didn’t ride through any face height. 

FM

45k ride this morning which took waaaaayyyyy longer to get home than it did to go out. Headwind and the heat really picked up. Stopped every 2-3ks to cool down and let the HR come back down to something sensible. Was bloody awful, just quietly. 

40k river loop ride into a hard 2k run. It was so hot when I finished this morning I almost skipped my post session skinny latte, but then I came to my senses.

On 19/01/2019 at 5:40 PM, Bored@work said:

How's the bike?

Edited by more

On 19/01/2019 at 11:25 PM, monkie said:

This is rubbish. You ok?

Edited by more
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Glad you're OK more

Stage 6 of Le Tour for me this afternoon after two races in Nowra yesterday

• Like 2

4 hours ago, more said:

Yeah mate just a few cuts and bruises. Was very very lucky-lady saw a car park and got laser vision, came up from behind me and then cut across in front.

I ran into her rear left quarter panel and was shunted into a bull bar of a parked 4wd on the side of the road.

Bike got jammed in the bull bar and I endowed over the bars and did a pretty cool camando/Ninja role along the road

Same old story 'sorry I just didn't see you...' 🤨🙄

Idiots are everywhere. Glad you're OK though!

• Like 1

managed 30 min Zwift without coughing my guts up, 16km av 170 watts, ugh not pretty.

Then continued to scrape the lining paper off of our bedroom wall, 5hrs between Sat/Sun, half way done.

• Like 1

Well yesterday i was supposed to do my first run since busso, but i went fishing with my daughter and then went for a swim to cool down, found a stonker cray under a bombie, i dived down to try and grab it without gloves on or fins, smashed my feet on the bombie and sliced it open good and proper....did a pretty good job of making my foot a mess....came home and patched the foot up, went fishing again down the creek, got a beauty sized flat head on lure, went back home and did stage 6 of the zwift tour up the alps...

The Cray got away....i'll get him next weekend

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yesterday ran to the beach (10.5km) swam 1500m (was meant to be 2k but got cramp) and then ran the long way home (13.5k). Big day and I'm enjoying my rest day today!

• Like 2

-22 degrees outside this morning so any outdoor activity is on hold. Treadmill and trainer will be the only chance.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bored@work said:

35km cruise on the bike before work. Got out of bed a 6am to beat the heat. 

I did 55 yesterday. The alarm went off at 3.30am

FM

48 minutes ago, Flanman said:

I did 55 yesterday. The alarm went off at 3.30am

FM

That's just crazy talk. Having said that a mate of mine has just moved to Brisbane & he was saying it's daylight at 5am so it's really easy to get up and go training before work. Nothing like dragging your ass out of bed on a dark winters morning. 

• Like 1

Worked from home today, all day I was looking forward to a decent turbo session in the evening. My day was so shitty and Zwift were running the NYC course that I bailed after 30 mins. :surrender:

I seem to be getting up earlier and earlier these days, so went a little longer than normal on the bike for a 50km loop and was still at work by 7am! 😮

Only 9 days out from our charity ride (Torquay to Adelaide) so technically I am in taper 😛

• Like 1

I did a 40k Road race  

Apparently it’s just a group ride but it was certainly a race.  I came 8th in the sprint. 

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

I did a 40k Road race  

Apparently it’s just a group ride but it was certainly a race.  I came 8th in the sprint. 

Must have been a slow bunch ride 

• Haha 1

38min Zwift. Only planned 30 mins but had to level up so needed to add a few ks. Highlights of the ride include PR on Central Park loop (or whatever it is called), PR on the sprint within the former, and riding with C.Alexander for approximately 3 seconds while he pushed 6.8w/kg up a 9% gradient. 

Then I did a 1 hour run in the hills. 

• Like 1

90 mins of over and unders this morning before work. Went into that meeting feeling like the king of the world! I agree @IronJimbo. Endorphins ROCK!

Did a swim clinic this afternoon. Hard work but lots of simple things to work on.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, monkie said:

90 mins of over and unders this morning before work. Went into that meeting feeling like the king of the world! I agree @IronJimbo. Endorphins ROCK!

Did a swim clinic this afternoon. Hard work but lots of simple things to work on.

I was having a convo with the wife tonight and how my mind plays tricks on me.

Yesterday morning I woke up and my brain was tricking me saying 'you are tired, just sleep in and you will feel so much better, it's good for recovery blah blah' so I listened, slept in and spent the whole day feeling tired and grumpy for skipping training.

This morning my brain tried the same trick and I said f&$k no, got up did a ride and then a swim and spent the whole day in the best mood and full of energy!

• Like 1

Moderate 11km treadmill run yesterday on 5.05s

1 hr lunchtime Wattbike session planned today

• Like 1

On 22/01/2019 at 1:07 PM, Bored@work said:

35km cruise on the bike before work. Got out of bed a 6am to beat the heat. 

6am here now, 30 degrees and still dark. Heading for our top of 47.

Zwift for me. 

Edited by Turts
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Turts said:

6am here now, 30 degrees and still dark. Heading for our top of 47.

Zwift for me. 

Yep, 31 at 5am when I got up, heading for 46 today.

Into work early to enjoy the awesome air conditioning and aim to knock off early and head to the pool (my pool, not the lap pool hahaha)

• Like 2

A walk with one of the fur-toddlers this morning, futsal at lunchtime and a 2km swim tonight at North Sydney pool on my way home

• Like 1

Just did an hour tempo run... I am now sopping with sweat and it's only 29 here!

• Like 1