prizna

What training did you do today...

3hr zwift chasing the climb challenge, happy to see it pop after 2:15 so I could stop doing loops of the KOM :)

On 23/12/2018 at 3:40 PM, more said:

Have U tried the FTP on Traineroad! I find the test on Zwift easier (but still gut bustingly hard) compared to TR for some reason.

On TR the resistance just keeps increasing and I flake out, whereas on Zwift I can go harder longer though at a lesser wattage if that makes sense 

Unfortunately I have a dumb smart trainer so no resistance changes other than me going up in the gears :)

Went for a road ride with son, he is a mtber so going on the road bike is new for him. He enjoyed the experience of rim brakes and narrow tires on Bobbin Head decent.

He got lots of funny looks from roadies as he was in baggy clothes. Got to love the North Sydney MAMIL's!!

Just over an hour at the gym this morning before anybody else got up.

And I mean anybody. I drove to the village to go to the gym, spent an hour there, drove home, then walked the dog for 20 minutes, and never saw another person the whole time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2k open water

105k ride. Wanted to get up Arthur’s Seat at 6w/kg.. got 6min and decided I couldn’t bothered suffering. Beauty of unstructured training until Jan!

• Like 2

Xmas Day was a 3k open water swim in the dam followed by a very slow and social 5k Xmas parkrun, then on Boxing Day I managed to avoid a 3 hour round trip to visit the farther in-law and went for a 80k med-hard ride on the roadie instead.

Edited by Mike Del
  • Like 2

FTP Test. 2.5% increase due to 2 months of weight trainin. There was less effort on the bike over the last 3 months. Was expecting a little more of an increase to be honest, but my timing probably wasn't the best...

Swam a couple of km at the dam this morning. I tried to have some fun with my garmin, but I was much better at drawing these when I was at school, and I think I need to change the satellite settings to be more accurate. :)

image.png.c19de091095c591279068369ce692813.png

103kms with about 800m vert. The 36degree return leg into a nasty headwind wasn’t ideal. This is on the back two days of 94kms with 1,500m vert.

On track for Festive 500, but I have done much riding this year so these back to back days are a challenge 

82k ride before work, ride back was tough and down on speed which I put down to it being hot..until I finished and went to take the back wheel off and realised the rear brake was jammed on...:blink: so I'm blaming that and crappy Cervelo brakes B)

1km TT swim for which I felt terrible the whole time. 20 seconds off my best which was much better than I'd hoped for

60min zwift... "Easy"... Not so much .  

Got the stand up paddle board out, paddled into the wind for a bit then caught a few little bumps on the way back on the NNW wind, probably close to 6km all up if I didn’t forget to hit the start button.  Nice to be back out on my board as it’s been way too long between down wind paddles, nice hammerhead came up for a look.

F10C8BC7-2F25-436A-AF0D-F21AA2882113.png

• Like 2

103kms with 1,700m vert. Little bit of rain which cooled things down nicely.

4th day in a row of around the 100km mark. Starting to feel fatigued but only 105kms to go for Festive 500.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Got the stand up paddle board out, paddled into the wind for a bit then caught a few little bumps on the way back on the NNW wind, probably close to 6km all up if I didn’t forget to hit the start button.  Nice to be back out on my board as it’s been way too long between down wind paddles, nice hammerhead came up for a look.

I love the SUP. I can't wait to have some bloody time to do it again. Awesome core workout to boot.

2k run this morning. Later today doing a 40 odd k MTB ride. There may be pubs involved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Laying on the lounge with a tummy bug yesterday :s

Feeling better today though. Back at it tomorrow... Hopefully :)

I think I might be developing a bit of a Zwift addiction.  Just did my 7th day straight, 9 out of the last 10.  Really enjoying the FTP build workouts.  Hopefully they actually work :)

Need to use the last week I have off work to get some swimming in though, did 1st OWS for over 12 months the other day, felt like I had been hit by a truck by the evening.... 

47 minutes ago, Stuie016 said:

I think I might be developing a bit of a Zwift addiction.  Just did my 7th day straight, 9 out of the last 10.  Really enjoying the FTP build workouts.  Hopefully they actually work :)

Need to use the last week I have off work to get some swimming in though, did 1st OWS for over 12 months the other day, felt like I had been hit by a truck by the evening.... 

Are you doing the 4wk or 12wk ?

Edited by FatPom

24 minutes ago, Stuie016 said:

4wk

I might look at that in the new year. Need to get the house/ garage in order first.

• Like 1

Short 30min gym workout today. I felt like a flea down there today. Lunchtime Sunday must be when the big boys come out to play. There were about 6 others at the gym, and the smallest had biceps bigger than my quads. :(

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I might look at that in the new year. Need to get the house/ garage in order first.

I have to say it is what is making me keep riding to be honest. Day 4 was an Endurance 'Free' ride which I actually struggled to keep any form of structure during the hour.  The intervals are the perfect break-up for a ride.  I think I have to increase my FTP though as some of them are a little easy, but I would expect them to increase in the next few sessions though.

20 minutes ago, Stuie016 said:

I have to say it is what is making me keep riding to be honest. Day 4 was an Endurance 'Free' ride which I actually struggled to keep any form of structure during the hour.  The intervals are the perfect break-up for a ride.  I think I have to increase my FTP though as some of them are a little easy, but I would expect them to increase in the next few sessions though.

So you put your FTP in at the start of the program, presumably you finish with an FTP test as well?

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

So you put your FTP in at the start of the program, presumably you finish with an FTP test as well?

I started with the 45min short FTP test which i presume set the interval power levels for the sessions.

Guest FFF1077
7 minutes ago, Naut said:

I ate M&Ms

Peanut or original? 

I Iike the excitement of the mixed bags 

Edited by FFF1077
Thai Po

Had the SUP’s our again today, towed the daughter upwind the we paddled back downwind, she wants to learn how to DW, so a light NNW was perfect today but 4 laps towing her back UW had me rooted 😂😂, then took the old girl for a walk to burn off some of the chook food she’s been Into, bugger keeps breaking into the chook pen 😂😂

5F9CBFB2-E4BD-4472-AED1-824A8F0F7BD4.jpeg

90D7198B-C249-4225-AEDE-C37551D3F95F.jpeg

• Like 2

Yesterday attended the Pursue Tri Club - Nudgee Masters Swimming charity 100 x 100's ( though I only swam 5k) raising $600 for Hummingbird House Childrens Hospice. Followed that up with 40k of med-hard on the TT  bike and straight into a 2k run. Probably need to adjust my training as my only 2 races this summer will be 300/12/3   

Edited by Mike Del
  • Like 2

1:45 run (90 min easy, 15 min tempo) this morning before work on the back of a pretty rubbish nights sleep. Can't see that being a problem tonight :sleep1:

40 minute gym session. Feels good going every 2nd day at the moment. Slowly increasing my weights and/or reps, and loving it. Still playing it very careful with the joints, but so far it's all good.

• Like 2

On 02/01/2019 at 9:11 AM, Clappers said:

2.5 k swim at Entrance ocean pool, training for Australia Day Aquathon 

IMG_1740.JPG

I'm jealous - I can almost taste the water. Is it cold?  A lot of talk around about cold currents at the moment.

2 hours ago, Clappers said:

It was perfect temp, back in chorine pool today - 😞

Pretty sure we'll be up there in about 10 days.

1500m swim this morning and 50min Zwift in the afternoon.  Started week 2 of FTP build sessions, think I might have to take a couple of days off, starting to gas out a little.

4 minutes ago, Stuie016 said:

1500m swim this morning and 50min Zwift in the afternoon.  Started week 2 of FTP build sessions, think I might have to take a couple of days off, starting to gas out a little.

Listen to your body

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Stuie016 said:

You sound like my wife :) 

Listen to your wife

• Haha 2