prizna

What training did you do today...

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Great view, where is it?

Mt portal in Glenbrook national park blue mountains overlooks nepean river

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Mt portal in Glenbrook national park blue mountains overlooks nepean river

Cheers. Thats a great part of the world, another time where I say "should go there more often" & I dont !

I got to the gym at 4:45 this morning so I could get a heap done around the yard before it got too hot, and could then help my son with his physics & chemistry. I was the only person there the whole workout. Since then I've unloaded 2 trailers of mulch, reorganised my "natural" greenhouse, and potted up a couple dozen plants. Now it's time to enjoy the A/C & help with the study. I can't believe how much they give the kids these days.

And yesterday I rode from the city where I've had my bike locked up under work for the past 5 months out to pick the car up at Toowong. A whole 4km along the bikeway then Sylvan Rd. I got a big congratulations from my Garmin stating I've just done my "Longest Ride", 4.1km. 

I'm sure this watch is having a go at me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Katz said:

2250m swim then 40k ride to work.

That’s a great weeks training for some 

• Like 1

1hr ride that turned into 3hr 

Easy pool swim in the brilliant sunshine 

• Like 2

100km ride with just under 1,800m vert. Haven’t been riding much lately so was happy to do my fastest time up Kinglake since Jan averaging 288 Watts.

Still a long way off my best, but at least it feels like I am back at baseline fitness

• Like 2

On 24/10/2018 at 6:33 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

And I forgot to mention (those who are thinking of swimming at the dam can look away now) I got bitten on the big toe by an eel as I stood up at the end of the swim today. :)

The mystery has been solved. Parks have put up a sign at the southern edge of the swimming enclosure, right where I got bitten, warning of the (this is their words) "Cranky Catfish" who is nesting there and will bite to protect her young.

On 25/10/2018 at 6:36 AM, AA7 said:

Don't tell Cranky

Don't tell Cranky! Seems like it's her catfish. I wish she wouldn't let her pets go in the dam.

Oh, and I did 1.2km this morning.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 2

Ride along the great ocean road. Never get sick of this ride. 

176F4531-2F66-4106-9A6D-6E05AAE9CCA2.jpeg

• Like 5

Managed a 7km walk yesterday  attempted a few run sections but could only manage 40secs before the pain became too much - just the swollen bruises hurting - the coccyx felt fine. Then had a 2km swim in the evening - was able to kick a little which is an improvement.

This morning I did an easy hour on the trainer. The bruises and muscles felt fine, but the coccyx was sore throughout. Still a sharp pain, but only 2-3/10, so bearable... 

Do not like not being able to run

Bailed on Stikman. Sorry. 

Was looking forward to it, would be a superb morning out riding. But my headache has returned. No doubt due to the ride/swim yesterday. 

My graphs are tears. It's all about the graphs right? 

50km recovery ride that seemed to lack in actual recovery. Legs are pretty toasted still from yesterday 

• Like 1

Almost 12k out and back run (5.9 each way). Now off to work. :(

• Like 1

Went for a recovery ride/spin with the better half...

We somehow ended up doing another 5hrs / 56km / 1000m climbing dirt 😂🙈😎

20181104_071010.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 km run, including a Parkrun, on Saturday then 82 km ride with 10,000 MS supporters on Sunday. I waited short of the finish line then crossed with my cousin Gab on her three wheel trike.

Great to be alive.

FM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Flanman said:

7 km run, including a Parkrun, on Saturday then 82 km ride with 10,000 MS supporters on Sunday. I waited short of the finish line then crossed with my cousin Gab on her three wheel trike.

Great to be alive.

FM

Gabbys a champion!!

• Like 2

I went for an early morning walk/run and then laid 40sqm of floating floorboards - my knees are killing me.

• Like 1

No long run this morning. 

Plegm is now yellow. 

This was after bragging that it's not a bad virus 

**** this shit 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

No long run this morning. 

Plegm is now yellow. 

This was after bragging that it's not a bad virus 

**** this shit 

Better now than in 3 weeks. Think of it as an extended taper.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Exactly.

You've done more than enough work FFF and you're going to be just fine, provided you take care of your body. If you don't, it's going to be a shit day for sure. Rest, rest, rest.

• Like 2

Speaking of rest, today is REST DAY! :w00t2:

Except the minor detail of work, but whatevs.

• Haha 2

40kms with about 900m very. Started off with some very good cyclists who were riding very slowly. I was almost at max heart rate keeping up and my ability to sustain high power was almost non-existent. Time for a rest day I think. 

• Like 1

Rode my bike outside in the rain and cold*

Was shit. 

But I ****ing loved it. It was actually fun. Rode without a hrm and it was great. Batteries went flat on the P1's on the way back and I started to panic... "oh no... What do I do if my pedals go flat"... LOL then I realised that I would just keep pedalling 😂😂😂😂😂😬🙄😂😂😂

I was awake at 1am because my body clock is so ****ed up from getting it done so I thought, "**** it". 

*not Fat Pom cold but 9 degrees Avg temp 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 05/11/2018 at 8:17 AM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

@FFF1077 my best race came off being sick 4 & 3 weeks out ;) Extended taper FTW!

2 hours ago, xblane said:

@FFF1077 my best race came off being sick 4 & 3 weeks out ;) Extended taper FTW!

What is FTW? 

2 hours riding around the Watopian volcano today.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pieman said:

Not in my day...

Yeah, I’m going with ‘something else’ 😎

• Thanks 1

I did some work in a Harley Davidson workshop as a teenager. 

If anything had "F" in it it stood for ****... LOL 

Coz they're tough.... LOL pigs arse 

I read it as **** the world 😂😂😂😂😂😎💪😂😂😂😂✌️

4 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

I did some work in a Harley Davidson workshop as a teenager. 

If anything had "F" in it it stood for ****... LOL 

Coz they're tough.... LOL pigs arse 

I read it as **** the world 😂😂😂😂😂😎💪😂😂😂😂✌️

Jesus wouldn't like that sort of language...

I still read FTP as something about the police... 😁

Edited by pieman
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, beginnergirl said:

An hour zwifting this morning (25km)... 10x800m hill repeats tonight (8.2km)

Sorry I missed it. 

And the recovery drink... LOL 

Nothing for me today. 

Slept OK but still dizzy when I woke up...? Weird shit. 

My graph is all ****ed up now 😂😂😭😭😭😭

Nothing for me again today. Up till midnight working with my son on Physics & Chemistry assignments.

I'd forgotten the toll it takes on your mind doing this stuff till late at night. Poor bugger. Only 2 weeks to go for the year though.

• Like 1

Yesterday was an hour on Zwift in the morning and a 5km run in the afternoon. Loved the 33 degrees :)

Pool at lunch today. My body is looking forward to a swim after racing Sunday.

• Like 1

OWS with my usual crew, really love being out there but this one turned into a solid gold nightmare when some fishing dude decided to chuck a ton of burley (I dont know the correct terms or what that stuff is ...) over his boat & we swam right into it. OMF....G. I thought I was going to die..... disgusting. ☹

Needless to say the salmon lunch I had packed to take to work didnt get eaten

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Last night - SST short on Zwift (50mins - 40mins of over under on the sweet spot).

Tonight - Maybe 2 x 15 @  FTP? I'll decide when I get home, also need to calibrate the trainer, was doing some weird stuff to Scotty when he was on after me.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Last night - SST short on Zwift (50mins - 40mins of over under on the sweet spot).

Tonight - Maybe 2 x 15 @  FTP? I'll decide when I get home, also need to calibrate the trainer, was doing some weird stuff to Scotty when he was on after me.

Hey MJ 

Have you ever thought about training really easy? 

Like just really easy? Like so easy it feels like nothing? Seriously? 

I'm only asking because you seem to do a lot of intense work and that's stressful on your body as a whole. Even though you do generally shorter stuff it's still an endurance effort. Just a thought my friend 😊✌️

SST was easier than riding that bloody new york course. Too many surprise and short climbs.

Yeah, I am short course, so I train intense for much shorter periods of time. Easy training is the weekend if I can get outside to ride and not be attacked by cars or magpies.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MissJess said:

Curious to know what delta there is between your FTP and the over effort on SST is. My FTP is 267 and the over effort for me is  ‘Hold 255’ (  under is 225) but I always end up holding higher on both over and under.

i can do that on the short SST but can’t hold higher on the Med SST ( which is 1hr25 in length). The longer SST seems a more accurate FTP workout to me?

Been crook for 8 days now. 

If no luck in 2 more days, off to the doc. 

Drowning in my own snot.  All over the counter meds tried. They work. Mostly. But if it's still an issue soon, it might need doctor level meds. 

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, FatPom said:

Curious to know what delta there is between your FTP and the over effort on SST is. My FTP is 267 and the over effort for me is  ‘Hold 255’ (  under is 225) but I always end up holding higher on both over and under.

i can do that on the short SST but can’t hold higher on the Med SST ( which is 1hr25 in length). The longer SST seems a more accurate FTP workout to me?

FTP 190w... sweet spot is 175w so over is 180w and under is 170w

19 minutes ago, MissJess said:

FTP 190w... sweet spot is 175w so over is 180w and under is 170w

Ah, might be mixed up. The 'SST' I'm referring to is 'Steady State Training' (as Zwift calls it).  I would have thought your over/under would have a larger delta than 10 watts. Is that what you hold or is that what it prescribes?

Reason i ask is that I never know if I'm doing this workout correctly or not.