prizna

What training did you do today...

Flew to Melbourne to watch winx win her 4th cox plate.  Back in Sydney now.  No training today but experienced something that's once in a lifetime. 

Back on the program tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turts said:

Certainly not acceptable! 

Hence the pot and parmy, plus the bottle of scotch in my room 

🤪winky winky. 

WTH is a parmy? 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Parmigiana

Thanks, too many years away from Oz, my 'shorten every word' foo has gotten rusty.:lol:

• Haha 3

80km road ride today, 4C when we started, 6C when we finished, uggh 

images.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Early dip in the dam. Glorious morning, and even better that it was just me and the birds. Not even anybody out walking/running/riding around the dam. And no bitey critters in the water either.

I did 1km, a bit faster than I have recently (still slow though), and not a single twinge in the shoulder. I have to keep reminding myself to take it slowly slowly. Maybe 1.2km midweek, and no faster. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 25/10/2018 at 6:36 AM, AA7 said:

Don't tell Cranky

Did it hurt or was it like a jelly where the thought is worse than the pain? I'll new swimming until my tummy hits the sand!

But I won't be there until this arm is well and truly healed. I know someone who ended up with a bad bad infection in a little cut from swimming there. Now it looks like he's been branded with an iron.

10 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Flew to Melbourne to watch winx win her 4th cox plate.  Back in Sydney now.  No training today but experienced something that's once in a lifetime. 

Back on the program tomorrow.

Top effort. 

Only did 4 short Zwift sessions over two mornings. 

Because that leaves my head fresh for the next 12 days and not too tired to be a Dad. 

I'm off to play Mooj in tennis later. I expect to be beaten. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

Did it hurt or was it like a jelly where the thought is worse than the pain? I'll new swimming until my tummy hits the sand!

Didn't hurt at all. Just a weird feeling of something grabbing my big toe. And a bit of a shock.

Today Stikman and I did a run/walk around the river with the kid on her bike. 14ks in total for me and a bit more for him with loop backs. Was a nice morning.  

• Like 2

71km ride along Shelley Foreshore, mostly made up of 6 x 10km loops.

• Like 1

I bought new shoes today. I think I tried on every pair in my size & ran up n down the shop a lot. I was breaking into a sweat. 

I love my new shoes. Thanks Willie 😊😊

• Like 3

13km easy run in very wet, cold and windy weather. 2kms of that was Jnr Park Run but given the weather, I'm claiming it. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saturday - 85 minute sweet spot session on Zwift (av 222w)

Sunday - 1100m swim + 30 minute run home in the morning, 30 minute evening run after church - 2km slow, 2km moderate, 1km fast

Monday - 1000m swim

• Like 1

sat 180km short 5km brick run then arvo OWS. Sunday 70km ride then 32km brick run. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes at the gym this morning. Felt great. Upped a couple of the rep numbers again, so still seeing good improvement.

Struggled to walk down the steps at the end. Loved it.

• Like 3

30min regen spin 

15min stretch listening to Josh Pike 

Read some of Gordo Byrne's blog 

Great start to the day. 

Apparently I am doing hill repeats tonight... 🙄🙄😎✌️

• Like 1

Did a 30 min spin class at the gym, one of the ladies at work hasn't been to the gym in years and wanted some moral support.

• Thanks 1

I woke up at 6am!!!!!!!  Been drinking coffee & surfing the net for 25min. I might even go for a run before work. WTF is happening to me. 

• Sad 1

Slept in. You have to remember recovery is important too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gym again this morning. Less reps, more weight (for those that don't affect the knee/shoulder). Made a nice change.

• Like 2

On 28/10/2018 at 8:37 AM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Didn't hurt at all. Just a weird feeling of something grabbing my big toe. And a bit of a shock.

It was me with a snorkel. That wasn't an eel, I'm half Kenyan.

Funny it was empty, usually the Noosa crowd flood that joint for last minute sessions in the weeks before. 

1 minute ago, Gregor_McBoob said:

Funny it was empty, usually the Noosa crowd flood that joint for last minute sessions in the weeks before. 

Agreed. Maybe it was the colder late winter than we normally have. Everyone's still getting up the courage to do OWS out there.

It could be that I'm there at sparrowfart as well, and only doing 1km, I'm leaving real early as well.

Stikman did an hour Zwifting this morning. Here is Max mopping up his sweat puddle. 

556BED19-133B-4897-AB98-D4424AC195F2.jpeg

Edited by Katz
  • Haha 3

I swam 1500m this morning. Was planning a bit more, but was weary so called it. Definitely ran myself down quite a bit and am taking it easy till I feel on top of it again. 

• Like 2

TP says FORM is -35 and I should take a rest.  But I just had to go for a swim in this awesome weather.

1500 with several 100 efforts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peter said:

Slept in. You have to remember recovery is important too. 

Me too... I set my alarm... or meant to... no idea what happened, but, enjoyed it regardless :D

Back to the dam this morning. My shoulder was a little sore last night, so I was still too scared to go past 1km, but even without any extra effort the time is coming down slightly. Sunday I may just put the brakes on & do a leisurely couple hundred after I normally turn around. I'm really enjoying getting in the dam again. I didn't realise how much I missed it.

#nopainswimming

• Like 2

Managed to string a few runs together in the last week!... 6.4km...5km....10km and 7.2km. 

Done a few rides on Zwift also. 

10km is the furtherest I’ve run with my Achilles and it’s been fine 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had a little dip in the pool today, 1100m. Absolute cracker of a day. Shame to spend most of it sitting at a desk in an air-conditioned office. 

45mins in Watopia and a 1500m swim.

Stikman swam 8mins longer than me and covered a 1000m more. The worst part was he looked so damn comfortable and relaxed while doing it!

Edited by Katz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50K in the cool before we get the 33c they keep saying we will get today.

• Like 2

8k run, 1200m swim.

Now an afternoon of relaxing in front of the Bachelorette is planned (plus a few bits of housework).

• Like 1

Did 40min Swift yesterday. Have a day off work today as I'm volunteering at a horse riding ctr for the disabled.

It involves ( shudder) manual work. Eek!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I woke up about 10 minutes before my alarm this morning (at 4:30) and decided 5 mornings in a row was enough. I have to head off at 4:45 tomorrow, so won't be training, but a couple days off will be good for me.

That's what I'm saying anyway. :)

• Thanks 1

Got my bike off the trainer last night. Clean, new chain, race wheels. Took it out for a 5 minute spin around the block this morning. HELP!  I can't steer ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, xblane said:

Got my bike off the trainer last night. Clean, new chain, race wheels. Took it out for a 5 minute spin around the block this morning. HELP!  I can't steer ;) 

All is good. You are a triathlete with no bike skills 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

-3C this morning. Upper body workout season has started, scrape, scrape ❄️

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Managed a 4km walk which went well. The easy 2km swim caused a bit more pain...  need more core muscles swimming I guess

• Like 1

Not  a bad day on the MTB in the mountains 

57km 5 hours 1,000 metres vertical...longest in ages 20181103_065740.thumb.jpg.84cac07d6be71b43789625434a0135d9.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shrek said:

Not  a bad day on the MTB in the mountains 

57km 5 hours 1,000 metres vertical...longest in ages 20181103_065740.thumb.jpg.84cac07d6be71b43789625434a0135d9.jpg

Great view, where is it?