Jump to content
prizna

What training did you do today...

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, humdrum said:

I used to do some of my best training working nightshift. Long ride straight from work at 7am.

But I'd never ever go back to that (permanent night shift for 18 months)

Not a chance. My job is physically demanding as it is. I really struggle adding training on top even when I’m working days and getting good sleep. 😩

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of strength work this morning and a 2km straight steady effort in the pool. Chuffed with the speed for the effort :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FFF1077 said:

Beer Mile doping 

Beer mile easy. The Ironman is the harder bit. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Peter said:

Beer mile easy. The Ironman is the harder bit. 

 

Don't get emotional and philosophical 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Katz said:

Not a chance. My job is physically demanding as it is. I really struggle adding training on top even when I’m working days and getting good sleep. 😩

I do a week of nights every 7 weeks..  After trialing every option available,  i found the 3 hours before my shift works the best. Not much intensity, just ticking things over. Anything after work i felt like a drunk returning home from a night of clubbing.

Edited by Merv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

You had one Corona

7. 

4 slices of pizza

6 donuts 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, xblane said:

A bit of strength work this morning and a 2km straight steady effort in the pool. Chuffed with the speed for the effort :D

I said "chuffed" in a job interview this morning. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Turts said:

I said "chuffed" in a job interview this morning. 

 

Did you get the job?? 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Did you get the job?? 🤞

Playing the waiting game for a few days. Bludy weekend. 

Including a 6hr drive each way to ponder all the shit things I said, and the awesome things I didnt. 

Edited by Turts
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Turts said:

Playing the waiting game for a few days. Bludy weekend. 

Including a 6hr drive each way to ponder all the shit things I said, and the awesome things I didnt. 

Yeah That is the tough bit. 

 

Fingers crossed mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turts said:

Playing the waiting game for a few days. Bludy weekend. 

Including a 6hr drive each way to ponder all the shit things I said, and the awesome things I didnt. 

I'm in the same boat. Mine was Monday. I said dumb things. Have heard nothing yet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Yeah That is the tough bit. 

 

Fingers crossed mate 

Thanks mate

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Katz said:

I'm in the same boat. Mine was Monday. I said dumb things. Have heard nothing yet. 

The waitng sucks.  Fingers crossed! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The better half wanted to have some dirty fun....

40km on the MTB together! 😎20181020_090139.thumb.jpg.073ac2c682b3c1dc14c0882c966b645a.jpg

20181020_095711.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

80 min run with Stikman and his club.

I've always been a solo trainer which has allowed me to work to my own schedule, he likes training with friends which means missing out on the casual morning "lie in" before training. 

Edited by Katz
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parkrun again with an easy regen jog and stretch beforehand. 

 

Here's hoping for a better photo.... LOL 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Parkrun again with an easy regen jog and stretch beforehand. 

 

Here's hoping for a better photo.... LOL 

It can’t be any worse than last weeks! 🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, beginnergirl said:

It can’t be any worse than last weeks! 🤣

Yeah true 😜😂😂👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3.5km swim 

2km TT in the Set. 

37min for the 2km. 5min PB 

 

Shit got messy at 1.5k.... Got hectic at 1.8k....it ****ing hurt. 

 

No idea how some of you guys and girls swim so fast. Awesome stuff 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day

1hr ride between dropping daughter off for warm up for sport and back to watch the game

then 2km swim in wet-suit at ocean pool

then 5km run, including 1.5km barefoot on sand

Was allot of fun

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing yesterday and nothing planned today, might swim later on. I have the Nat TT Circuit Champs tomorrow, 5 laps of Thruxton race course. I'm in an end of season funk and in the middle of buying a house, can't see any PBs being set tomorrow but I'll give it a shot.  This is my last planned event of the year.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Busy day today. Up early, work around the yard for an hour, take the dog for a short walk, then hit the gym at 6am before a breakfast meeting with a group looking to push a change to the NBN strategy in the valley here. Then all day in the yard.

Felt great at the gym. First session where I really came away feeling wobbly in the legs, and put everything into the upper body work.

Let's see how I feel at the dam in the morning for a real easy 1km. :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Busy day today. Up early, work around the yard for an hour, take the dog for a short walk, then hit the gym at 6am before a breakfast meeting with a group looking to push a change to the NBN strategy in the valley here. Then all day in the yard.

Felt great at the gym. First session where I really came away feeling wobbly in the legs, and put everything into the upper body work.

Let's see how I feel at the dam in the morning for a real easy 1km. :)

 

Were you operating undercover at the NBN meeting or representing?

What time are you swimming tomorrow?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Volunteered at parkrun then a moderate 2k swim and a 1hr strength session, plus 1hr of core while watching the footy

 

Edited by Mike Del
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Were you operating undercover at the NBN meeting or representing?

What time are you swimming tomorrow?

 

Sorry, only saw this now. Already swum. Just operating as a concerned resident who also has a bit of subject matter experience. They are trying to put us on a fixed wireless tower that will be servicing 3 times the recommended maximum number for a tower.

 

Very easy 1km this morning, and just the very slightest couple of twinges in the shoulder. Nothing like it had been. I'll try to get out for another easy 1km during the week, and maintain a couple easy swims a week, as long as there is no real issue. :)

Now off to walk the dog.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Sorry, only saw this now. Already swum. Just operating as a concerned resident who also has a bit of subject matter experience. They are trying to put us on a fixed wireless tower that will be servicing 3 times the recommended maximum number for a tower.

 

Tell 'em you want M-MIMO beam forming, 64 lanes innit guvnor :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Busy day today. Up early, work around the yard for an hour, take the dog for a short walk, then hit the gym at 6am...

 

Your neighbours must love you ;)

Also hit the yard for a few hours,1 hr Zwift, some strength work then a short "easy" run that felt nothing like easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xblane said:

Your neighbours must love you ;)

Garden fork & spade at that hour of the morning. I never start a motor till 8am at the very earliest, and usually leave it till someone else does. ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Volunteered at local duathlon and then a lazy 8k run. 

Here is a photo of @Pete in T2 

 

773C5C41-F9E9-4CBE-A15F-0EE3A07A2C25.jpeg

Edited by Peter
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12km run around Port Mac in the first real humidity of the season. Sweating buckets 💧 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shuffla said:

12km run around Port Mac in the first real humidity of the season. Sweating buckets 💧 

Does that mean you were only 10k in when I saw you?  Looked 30k in 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Felt like it to. Ran 50km trail run in the rain last week. Legs only just coming good. 

Was going to mention I saw you sipping a latte. Assume you earned it earlier in the day. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Local Tri (400/20/4) was turned into an aquathon today due to impending storms (which never eventuated, but a local bloke got killed by lightening y'day down near Dubbo, so understandably the club were a little gun-shy today. Very sad, I was in a meeting with this bloke earlier this year about upgrading our local saleyards. Just one of those freak things).

So a 400/4 for me, and managed to hold 4:59 run pace trying to catch the Mrs (whose swimmer, our best friends daughter was 1st out of the pool and about 45secs ahead of me).  Could not catch the Mrs which is just as well, cos she would have been pissed as she's been running regularly & I've hardly done any runs for 7yrs.  Amazed I could muster that sort of pace, but I guess the swimming, gyming & MTBing has retained something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Peter said:

Volunteered at local duathlon and then a lazy 8k run. 

Here is a photo of @Pete in T2 

 

773C5C41-F9E9-4CBE-A15F-0EE3A07A2C25.jpeg

Why is he breakdancing?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Shuffla said:

Felt like it to. Ran 50km trail run in the rain last week. Legs only just coming good. 

Was going to mention I saw you sipping a latte. Assume you earned it earlier in the day. 

I know that feeling, had a few easier weeks after beach to brother.

The coffee was good but didn't do a whole lot to deserve it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mank said:

Why is he breakdancing?

Yeah not 100% sure. 

You going to make a visit in the tri season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long Zwift and a jog off the bike. Felt waaayyyy disoriented on the jog. Nearly fell over. Came good at the 20min mark. 

Screenshot_20181021-121544_TrainingPeaks.jpg

Screenshot_20181021-121612_TrainingPeaks.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mank said:

Why is he breakdancing?

He’s either quick off the bike, or....:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rode 82.92 miserable kilometers and was reminded I have had almost 4 years away from regular training and really should not have been stupid enough to sign up for Busso. 

Was going to spend a bit of time on Zwift to make up for the lack of time and distance on account of the freeway path being chopped up and sent through suburbia, but had to take a chicken to the vet. Now I CBF doing anything much else for the rest of the day.

And I can't get my activity to manually go to Strava (there was a duplicate from my watch which died at 65ks which did go through and I since deleted), so all in all, today has sucked.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Katz said:

I rode 82.92 miserable kilometers and was reminded I have had almost 4 years away from regular training and really should not have been stupid enough to sign up for Busso. 

Was going to spend a bit of time on Zwift to make up for the lack of time and distance on account of the freeway path being chopped up and sent through suburbia, but had to take a chicken to the vet. Now I CBF doing anything much else for the rest of the day.

And I can't get my activity to manually go to Strava (there was a duplicate from my watch which died at 65ks which did go through and I since deleted), so all in all, today has sucked.

Chin up and keep punching. 

I know that feeling. 

You'll be right mate 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went 28.13 at my 18.6km TT20 secs faster than last year but it was chuffing freezing and badly missed my turbo for warming up. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FatPom said:

I went 28.13 at my 18.6km TT20 secs faster than last year but it was chuffing freezing and badly missed my turbo for warming up. 

What numbers? Coz I am jealous of your Zwift numbers. 

Oh you don't have a PM on the bike do you? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×