prizna

What training did you do today...

1km swim. Real slow in 1:54 pace.

Shoulder felt good till about 700m into it. Little bit of pain toward the end. Now it's starting to hurt bad. Looks like it's going to be a very lean summer of swimming, and maybe a cortisone shot to start things off. :)

Screenshot_20181014-135530_TrainingPeaks.thumb.jpg.07c057597ed83a238f03f66510a96f90.jpg

Screenshot_20181014-135935_TrainingPeaks.jpg

Flat track bully at his best. Good day. Tough conditions 

Edited by FFF1077
Blurgh
  • Like 2

20km run late morning. Then an 80min strength and stability set this afternoon. Rest day tomorrow and I'm gonna be sore by tomorrow afternoon...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Shoulder felt good till about 700m into it. Little bit of pain toward the end. Now it's starting to hurt bad. Looks like it's going to be a very lean summer of swimming, and maybe a cortisone shot to start things off. :)

Bugger, that's cruel.  Haven't been around lately but I know that swimming's been your thing since you'd been having trouble with your knees.  Hope you manage to get it sorted mate.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Good stuff, looks like you've been getting it sorted!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

Screenshot_20181014-135530_TrainingPeaks.thumb.jpg.07c057597ed83a238f03f66510a96f90.jpg

Dude!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I swam 1k today too - first time since June I think. Takes my yearly swim total to 2k :)  Also have a dicky shoulder but it's been pretty good lately so thought I'd try to get back to consistent swimming. Starting off again is horrible...

• Like 1

I think I’m gunna try and get back in for a swim with the shark island crew on Friday night. 

Mrs is guilting me into it. Will be first swim since Anzac Day, 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Strong right leg there. 

25 minutes ago, Peter said:

Strong right leg there. 

Yep. 

Still subconsciously protecting my "injured" left ankle. It effects my left calf too. No confidence to just drive it like a mother ****er like I can do with my right leg. 

I now rate outdoor rides on how balanced that figure is. 

Today was below average in that regard. 

The ride as a whole was a massive leap forward in mindset in a crazy headwind. Have crumbled like a little poo head over recent years but today I worked to what Matt has advised me to do and IT ****ING WORKS 😎🤘🤘👌👌👌👌*no real surprises there though. 

**** the weather was crazy. I imagine it would have been like this in NZ years ago? 2009ish?? 

1 hour ago, Katz said:

Dude!

I looked for you two but I seemed to have the path to myself 😂😂😂✌️

I looked for you two but I seemed to have the path to myself 😂😂😂✌️

It’s kid weekend so we don’t get out together and I was soft and played on Zwift instead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Katz said:

It’s kid weekend so we don’t get out together and I was soft and played on Zwift instead. 

Zwift is where all the hard nails play these days anyway.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Katz said:

Fair enough mate 

3 hours ago, roxii said:

I think I’m gunna try and get back in for a swim with the shark island crew on Friday night. 

Mrs is guilting me into it. Will be first swim since Anzac Day, 

They've just announced the date for the Sydney Skinny Roxii - you should get up for that ;)

Edited by trinube

8 hours ago, trinube said:

They've just announced the date for the Sydney Skinny Roxii - you should get up for that ;)

Did it last year, was a fun day out. 

Waa a bit surprised when I was hoping to be incognito then rocked up and Matty Harris was on the mic.  :lol: 

18 minutes ago, roxii said:

Did it last year, was a fun day out. 

Waa a bit surprised when I was hoping to be incognito then rocked up and Matty Harris was on the mic.  :lol: 

It's the one event you go to and hope like hell you don't see anyone you know...

• Haha 1

22km long run. Avg 6:09ish 

Felt good 

Basic Endurance effort. 

Electrolyte only. 

• Like 1

40 minutes in the gym this morning. I felt very uncomfortable. Hot & sweaty, worse than any day yet. Could be the humid (read that as pissing down for 4 days) weather, but I've got a hunch something might not be 100%.

We'll see by the end of the day I suppose.

31 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

22km long run. Avg 6:09ish 

Felt good 

Basic Endurance effort. 

Electrolyte only. 

2:20am start.  I struggle to get up for a piss at that time of the night.  Massive respect, can’t wait to see you finish IM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

2:20am start.  I struggle to get up for a piss at that time of the night.  Massive respect, can’t wait to see you finish IM

Cheers mate. 

Do it so I only have to concentrate on being a Dad after work 👍👍😁

• Like 4

Rode 11km to work - and didn't fall off!  7km on bike path and then 4km on road with traffic.....certainly not setting any speed records but after 6 years it felt good. :)  I noticed that cars give more space now than when I last rode. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 mins in the pool. Someone has been bossing me into doing more interval work, reckons I never get out of my comfort zone, so I did 25 fast/25 easy. It sucked.

Night shift starts tonight so the rest of the week will be light on.

• Like 1

Managed by 180km on Zwift while watching Kona yesterday. Was pretty happy with that, but it left me pretty tired, particularly in the arms and neck. 

2km in the pool today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

45min swim. Easy. Pool was warm as a bath. 

Spoke briefly with my manager about altering my duties on certain days up until Busso so I can get more in. He was receptive about the idea. #goodayz 

• Like 6

70min regen bike on Zwift. 

Easy. Relaxed 

Think I saw @xblane  on there 🤔🤔 gave a Ride On

We need a distinctive Trannie kit on there IMO. 

Have a great day all

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

We need a distinctive Trannie kit on there IMO.

I have Katz in my name. 

• Like 1

Think I saw @xblane  on there 🤔🤔 gave a Ride On

Sorry, I didn't recognise you Edgar ;)

60 minutes on Zwift

• Like 1

3.6km hurty swim yesterday arvo. 

100min Zwift 

Regen shuffle off the Zwift. 

• Like 2

2.4km run pacing a friend to pass her military fitness exam. She has been over weight all her life & has chased this really hard over the last six months. 

She made cut off with 30sec to spare. Called me some very colorful names as I pushed her over the final km. Then I got this text from her :) feels good to help someone out 996C6499-6146-4E8E-BAA9-F45DABD5DA65.thumb.png.986723a5067165bffa6a02afba284baf.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

2.4km run pacing a friend to pass her military fitness exam. She has been over weight all her life & has chased this really hard over the last six months. 

She made cut off with 30sec to spare. Called me some very colorful names as I pushed her over the final km. Then I got this text from her :) feels good to help someone out 996C6499-6146-4E8E-BAA9-F45DABD5DA65.thumb.png.986723a5067165bffa6a02afba284baf.png

good stuff, just curious, what time do they have to complete the 2.4km in?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KieranR said:

good stuff, just curious, what time do they have to complete the 2.4km in?

I thought most of these were base don shuttle tests now?

5km run yesterday arvo, it was warm :D

2km swim at lunch. Set a 1km PB! Thanks again Winterfish and Ex for demonstrating what can be done!

• Like 1

An hour of Zwift before heading to work. Realised I am so terribly lazy on the bike. Will be making a concerted effort to ride more in line with my abilities, rather than being soft.

• Like 3

Was up very late last night with work, so decided not to go to the gym this morning. I did get my 10,000 steps in though, and walked the dog when I got home this afternoon. That's more of an upper body work-out these days, as she has decided she wants to be a bird dog, and there's lots of quail in the area we walk.

Gym tomorrow morning now, and maybe a swim Friday.

• Thanks 1

Tempo run. 

Out to Nth Beach and back. Rolling course. 

Great fun 😎🤘😁

Yee Ha 

Had a guy in a Range Rover slow down next to me and photograph me...? 

Weird shit. 

But it is early morning here 😂😂😂👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pieman said:

I thought most of these were base don shuttle tests now?

She did the shuttle test to get accepted into the airforce. This was her pre basic training test to get het seat on the plane to head to Rookies. 

I honestly have no idea how she passed the beep test. It must be a very low level. She had to do the 2.4km in 13minutes. She went out way too hard (4;20 pace) I was yelling at her to slow it down. By the time she finished she was red faced, covered in spit & about to spew. 

I think the first time we did it she was about 16min doing a run/walk and in a world of pain. 

Only a short gym session today. Had a shocker of a night, waking a few times with full on calf cramps, then 20 minutes into the gym this morning my right calf cramped right up again & that was the end of me.

The only good thing I can take out of it is that it could be ketosis kicking in. I'll up the water & salt a bit and stretch that calf out a lot. Maybe try again tomorrow.

• Like 1

Was out doing some crit skills training this morning...but unforunately it was much too wet in Brisbane so cut it off after about 30 mins.

• Like 1

An hour on zwift at 222np then a 5km each km getting faster. Problematic foot held up well, woo! Then off to the osteo.   

Nice confidence booster for TriHusky on 4th Nov.

• Like 1

2 x Yassos. Last run before the weekend.

Taper done. I've managed to put on 1kg over the taper two weeks?????

• Like 1

I had planned an hour in the pool. I bailed at 1k. Too bloody tired after 4 nights. Off to the hairdressers to nap in her chair then home to bed for a bit. Big weekend planned. 

Edited by Katz
Missing words.

I used to do some of my best training working nightshift. Long ride straight from work at 7am.

But I'd never ever go back to that (permanent night shift for 18 months)