Jump to content
prizna

What training did you do today...

Recommended Posts

1km swim. Real slow in 1:54 pace.

Shoulder felt good till about 700m into it. Little bit of pain toward the end. Now it's starting to hurt bad. Looks like it's going to be a very lean summer of swimming, and maybe a cortisone shot to start things off. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screenshot_20181014-135530_TrainingPeaks.thumb.jpg.07c057597ed83a238f03f66510a96f90.jpg

Screenshot_20181014-135935_TrainingPeaks.jpg

Flat track bully at his best. Good day. Tough conditions 

Edited by FFF1077
Blurgh
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20km run late morning. Then an 80min strength and stability set this afternoon. Rest day tomorrow and I'm gonna be sore by tomorrow afternoon...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

1km swim. Real slow in 1:54 pace.

Shoulder felt good till about 700m into it. Little bit of pain toward the end. Now it's starting to hurt bad. Looks like it's going to be a very lean summer of swimming, and maybe a cortisone shot to start things off. :)

Bugger, that's cruel.  Haven't been around lately but I know that swimming's been your thing since you'd been having trouble with your knees.  Hope you manage to get it sorted mate.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Flat track bully at his best. Good day. Tough conditions 

Good stuff, looks like you've been getting it sorted!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

Screenshot_20181014-135530_TrainingPeaks.thumb.jpg.07c057597ed83a238f03f66510a96f90.jpg

Screenshot_20181014-135935_TrainingPeaks.jpg

Flat track bully at his best. Good day. Tough conditions 

Dude!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

1km swim. Real slow in 1:54 pace.

Shoulder felt good till about 700m into it. Little bit of pain toward the end. Now it's starting to hurt bad. Looks like it's going to be a very lean summer of swimming, and maybe a cortisone shot to start things off. :)

I swam 1k today too - first time since June I think. Takes my yearly swim total to 2k :)  Also have a dicky shoulder but it's been pretty good lately so thought I'd try to get back to consistent swimming. Starting off again is horrible...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I’m gunna try and get back in for a swim with the shark island crew on Friday night. 

Mrs is guilting me into it. Will be first swim since Anzac Day, 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Screenshot_20181014-135530_TrainingPeaks.thumb.jpg.07c057597ed83a238f03f66510a96f90.jpg

Screenshot_20181014-135935_TrainingPeaks.jpg

Flat track bully at his best. Good day. Tough conditions 

Strong right leg there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Peter said:

Strong right leg there. 

Yep. 

Still subconsciously protecting my "injured" left ankle. It effects my left calf too. No confidence to just drive it like a mother ****er like I can do with my right leg. 

I now rate outdoor rides on how balanced that figure is. 

Today was below average in that regard. 

 

The ride as a whole was a massive leap forward in mindset in a crazy headwind. Have crumbled like a little poo head over recent years but today I worked to what Matt has advised me to do and IT ****ING WORKS 😎🤘🤘👌👌👌👌*no real surprises there though. 

 

**** the weather was crazy. I imagine it would have been like this in NZ years ago? 2009ish?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Katz said:

Dude!

I looked for you two but I seemed to have the path to myself 😂😂😂✌️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

I looked for you two but I seemed to have the path to myself 😂😂😂✌️

It’s kid weekend so we don’t get out together and I was soft and played on Zwift instead. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Katz said:

It’s kid weekend so we don’t get out together and I was soft and played on Zwift instead. 

Zwift is where all the hard nails play these days anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Katz said:

It’s kid weekend so we don’t get out together and I was soft and played on Zwift instead. 

Fair enough mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, roxii said:

I think I’m gunna try and get back in for a swim with the shark island crew on Friday night. 

Mrs is guilting me into it. Will be first swim since Anzac Day, 

They've just announced the date for the Sydney Skinny Roxii - you should get up for that ;)

 

Edited by trinube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, trinube said:

They've just announced the date for the Sydney Skinny Roxii - you should get up for that ;)

 

Did it last year, was a fun day out. 

Waa a bit surprised when I was hoping to be incognito then rocked up and Matty Harris was on the mic.  :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, roxii said:

Did it last year, was a fun day out. 

Waa a bit surprised when I was hoping to be incognito then rocked up and Matty Harris was on the mic.  :lol: 

It's the one event you go to and hope like hell you don't see anyone you know...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes in the gym this morning. I felt very uncomfortable. Hot & sweaty, worse than any day yet. Could be the humid (read that as pissing down for 4 days) weather, but I've got a hunch something might not be 100%.

We'll see by the end of the day I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

22km long run. Avg 6:09ish 

Felt good 

Basic Endurance effort. 

Electrolyte only. 

2:20am start.  I struggle to get up for a piss at that time of the night.  Massive respect, can’t wait to see you finish IM

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

2:20am start.  I struggle to get up for a piss at that time of the night.  Massive respect, can’t wait to see you finish IM

Cheers mate. 

Do it so I only have to concentrate on being a Dad after work 👍👍😁

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rode 11km to work - and didn't fall off!  7km on bike path and then 4km on road with traffic.....certainly not setting any speed records but after 6 years it felt good. :)  I noticed that cars give more space now than when I last rode. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 mins in the pool. Someone has been bossing me into doing more interval work, reckons I never get out of my comfort zone, so I did 25 fast/25 easy. It sucked.

Night shift starts tonight so the rest of the week will be light on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed by 180km on Zwift while watching Kona yesterday. Was pretty happy with that, but it left me pretty tired, particularly in the arms and neck. 

2km in the pool today. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45min swim. Easy. Pool was warm as a bath. 

 

Spoke briefly with my manager about altering my duties on certain days up until Busso so I can get more in. He was receptive about the idea. #goodayz 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

70min regen bike on Zwift. 

 

Easy. Relaxed 

 

Think I saw @xblane  on there 🤔🤔 gave a Ride On

 

We need a distinctive Trannie kit on there IMO. 

 

Have a great day all

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

We need a distinctive Trannie kit on there IMO.

I have Katz in my name. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

Think I saw @xblane  on there 🤔🤔 gave a Ride On

 

Sorry, I didn't recognise you Edgar ;)

60 minutes on Zwift

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×