prizna

What training did you do today...

14 hours ago, Peter said:

Ironically that’s what the graph tells you. 

Form of -30and you will pretty much get sick. 

When I get to - 21 my health suffers in general. I can hover around it for a while but not too long. Regardless of the number, my mood and health correlate directly to that figure. If I didn't have kids or a job I could go deeper. But time and time again, when I fall in a hole that number or greater is in TP. 

1 hour on the WT doing 7 min FTP reps, 3 min off, then a chill 3.5k run "after" the bike (went home first and chilled for 15). 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, monkie said:

YOU CAN GET A GRAPH ON RACE DAY? Why did nobody tell me this? That would have been the cherry on top! 

Tough day, tough week of training, mojo is inconsistent and I suspect I might be a bit under the weather. Popped in the pool and did 1700m (was meant to be 3300m) and then 90 mins at 80 - 85% FTP (was meant to be 120 mins).

Easy swim tomorrow and then Sydney Half on Sunday which should blow the cobwebs out.

I read that as 'pooped in the pool' 😢

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Surfer said:

. Popped in the pool and did 1700m (was meant to be 3300m)

32 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I read that as 'pooped in the pool'

Maybe the poo floating around in the pool obscured visibility so much that 3.3K was just impossible.

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

parkrun, now having a beer with one of my athletes in the shop - see, balance is key

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Walked parkrun then a nap, then ate a bag of chips and half a block of chocolate for lunch. About to watch Women's NRL.

Day 23 of a 4 week Efudix treatment and a walk, nap, and comfort food is all I can manage. This is hell.  

• Sad 1

Done.. working towards the end of my best week in a few years and the best 7 week stretch I've put together in the same time.  Couple more big weeks then an easier week due.

Screenshot_20180915-172037_Connect.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RunBrettRun said:

Done.. working towards the end of my best week in a few years and the best 7 week stretch I've put together in the same time.  Couple more big weeks then an easier week due.

Yay 

Awesome stuff 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RunBrettRun said:

Bet your graph looks pretty..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Walked parkrun then a nap, then ate a bag of chips and half a block of chocolate for lunch. About to watch Women's NRL.

Day 23 of a 4 week Efudix treatment and a walk, nap, and comfort food is all I can manage. This is hell.  

My partner has just gone through this, not nice. Hang in there x

• Thanks 1

That's not a bad week.

• Haha 1

Had a house viewing about 5kms from home, so jogged there, saw the house for 40mins then jogged back. Easy pace, legs felt ok but that was enough!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Christ. Putting the rest of us to shame.

Edited by monkie

10 hours ago, monkie said:

Home after Sydney HM, managed 1:22:39 which I'm pretty happy with as a C race. :)

Quality run, well done.

• Like 1

Bailed on a wind trainer session this morning.  Went to breaky with the family before home and spent a few hours watching a movie and sleeping on the couch.

Out on the trails this arvo for a 20k run.  

Dont think I am ready to back up off a 180k ride just yet.  Live and learn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Bailed on a wind trainer session this morning.  Went to breaky with the family before home and spent a few hours watching a movie and sleeping on the couch.

Out on the trails this arvo for a 20k run.  

Dont think I am ready to back up off a 180k ride just yet.  Live and learn.

Sleep. Your yesterday was big. Sleep matters .

• Like 1

Rebuilt the chicken coop and let the kids paint it gold and pink, then I zwift for 1hr 45 followed with a 1hr 15 treadmill run

• Like 4

Went to church with the family, which was an endurance in itself!

With some encouragement from Mrs FP, I bought a little present for myself at our local craft market. The guy does loads of sporting themes and will be at Weymouth 70.3 next week.

image1-4.jpeg

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 5

2 of the hardest km in the pool at lunch today. Ok they were real easy, just felt like trash :D

20km with 5 pushups each km on Sunday morning in some blustery conditions made me sleepy.

• Like 1

45 min strength and core. Shoulder feeling naff after upping pool volume last week but my trainer sorted that out. Gotta try find a way to get my hamstring unstrung because they've got the flexibility of a inanimate carbon rod at the moment. 

• Like 1

Yesterday I had a little 6k trot on the trails before work. Was chilly, but lovely.

• Like 4

3km swim yesterday then an aggressive sports massage, today felt much stronger than I have for a week and did 2.4k in the pool (ran out of time) and then 3 x 30mins at 225W (90% FTP). Felt good! 

• Like 1

Slept through the alarm this morning, first time in 8 weeks.  Feeling much better for it, I was a zombie at the pool last night.  Back into it this arvo.

• Like 3

Slept through the alarm this morning, first time in 8 weeks.  Feeling much better for it, I was a zombie at the pool last night.  Back into it this arvo.

Shows you needed it!I was beating myself up last week because I was not feeling it. Turns out I needed a quieter week and now feel on top of the bloody world!

• Like 3

Easy Jog to Nth Beach. 

Beautiful morning. Cool but still. Magpies warbling. 

Had a sleep in too! 3:05am! Awesome stuff 😂

• Like 1

Very easy 18k this morning, felt horrible.  Had a physio appt yesterday afternoon with a heap of needling which I think released a whole lot of yuck into the system.  Hoping for a miraculous recovery for my swim tonight.

• Like 2

10 x Yassos yesterday hitting 2:50 - 2:55 for each repeat. Hopefully off for a 1:20 tempo run this afternoon or might switch out for a quintuple gym based brick to get ready for SBR x 3.

• Like 1

1km swim this morning. Real slow. First swim in over 5 weeks since my shoulder played up. No good. Pain started shooting down my arm by about the 500m mark so I turned around.

Work has been unbearable & tearing my home life apart. I can't do ANY exercise. Depression is setting in.

I think it's time to go for that cortisone shot.

• Sad 4

2km swim yesterday, 75min on zwift this morning. There are some run 1km repeats in my future, not sure if life will let that be this arvo or tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xblane said:

@RunBrettRun I can't remember if you were currently without a coach or with a coach, but how do you schedule recovery weeks?

currently without.  I have them scheduled after certain blocks.  That isn't a set period ie 4 weeks but more build to a certain event/level of training then back off and build again.

• Like 1

SBRX3 postponed so went for a tempo run. 1:20 @ 4:05s around the Royal Park in Melbourne. Bootiful.