prizna

What training did you do today...

12 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I've never used zwift, but I would have thought they would make it interactive enough that if you can position yourself directly behind another person, or in a pack it would make allowances and give you better speed for the same power output.

That's true if you run a road bike but I use a TT bike exclusively on Zwift, so never get any draft benefit. (quite a few get it behind me though :lol:)

• Haha 1

5 x Yassos this morning and then 2:10 on the turbo (moved Saturday's ride to today 'cos City2Surf). Was meant to be 2.5 but was done. TP told me I would probably need more rest today so I took it at it's word!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, monkie said:

5 x Yassos this morning and then 2:10 on the turbo (moved Saturday's ride to today 'cos City2Surf). Was meant to be 2.5 but was done. TP told me I would probably need more rest today so I took it at it's word!

Have a good C2S

10km run - 8km easy (6:30ish/km), 2km hard (5:00/km)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Early morning today having to get my MIL to the hospital by 6am for cataract surgery, so I decided to take a day of ARL. That meant I got to play "Pro-Hours" at the dam. It's lovely there at 9am. Did an hour out there, then came home & went to the gym.

#loveprohours

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Early morning today having to get my MIL to the hospital by 6am for cataract surgery, so I decided to take a day of ARL. That meant I got to play "Pro-Hours" at the dam. It's lovely there at 9am. Did an hour out there, then came home & went to the gym.

#loveprohours

That's like Wed last week till Tuesday this week. Annual leave... Sleep in, train, eat, sleep, go and get Ivy from school 😎✌️👌 happy days 

Getting to the stage where I need a "The best thing I did for my diet today was..." thread instead of this one, been getting a few too many bad days on that front and getting in danger of them outnumbering the good days

• Like 1

Cotton eyes - I find myself every 6 months or so re reading AP diet masterpiece in TriGold for same reason. 

• Like 1

Obviously not all in one hit, but 100 pushups this morning.  I feel like superman.  No, actually I feel like shit.  Never done that before.  That's about the most significant thing I've done in a year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, goughy said:

Obviously not all in one hit, but 100 pushups this morning.  I feel like superman.  No, actually I feel like shit.  Never done that before.  That's about the most significant thing I've done in a year.

Good work 

59min run 

Didn't look at the watch just by the feeling. Ran faster than normal, but it felt like a basic Endurance effort. 

Cracking morning here 

Edit to ask: Should my 16 weeks have started Monday just gone or the coming week?? 

20180811_074120.jpg

Edited by FFF1077
Questions
  • Like 2

Best 2 weeks I've had in a long time.  120k ride today out in the "hills" behind wauchope and telegraph point.  Starting to feel like a triathlete again.  Off to the pool I go...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

59min run 

Didn't look at the watch just by the feeling. Ran faster than normal, but it felt like a basic Endurance effort. 

Cracking morning here 

Edit to ask: Should my 16 weeks have started Monday just gone or the coming week?? 

20180811_074120.jpg

Training peaks tells me its 16 weeks to raceday which would mean Monday coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Training peaks tells me its 16 weeks to raceday which would mean Monday coming.

Cheers mate 

Zip, zada, nuffin, zilch.

Daughter's B'day tomorrow, so it's massive house clean day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Priorities in order 😎👌

• Like 1

3hr Zwift. 73.8km, 1496 mts, 196 av watts.

3 times up that fcukin hill:wallbash::surrender:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Yep, cause massive house clean is like, zip, zada, nuffin, zilch. Not doing nuttin'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Yep, cause massive house clean is like, zip, zada, nuffin, zilch. Not doing nuttin'

Actually, my part of the house clean was relaying a large section of 400x400x40 pavers, after grinding flat the concrete they were laying on with a 230mm grinder. Then mowing the lawn. I actually feel a lot more worn out than yesterday when I swam & went to gym. :)

Won't be doing anything tomorrow either, as I've been trying to get the vege garden tidied up, and decided it will be tomorrow's job at sunrise. Then I get to gurney the house and the back verandah down after covering them in concrete dust today. That'll make 2 days of nothing. Oh the shame. :)

• Like 1

1:15 zwift, cleaned out the garage for 5 hours, another hour on zwift. Two times up that hill was enough for me @FatPom!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, xblane said:

1:15 zwift, cleaned out the garage for 5 hours, another hour on zwift. Two times up that hill was enough for me @FatPom!

Nice work mate.

I. was intending 4hrs and four climbs, but I was weak :(

OW swim then I canned the 2hr ride cos it was raining & cold. ( couldve been a light sprinkle if I was honest)

Maybe i need the HFU diet not the HFLC   🤔🙄

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, monkie said:

City 2 Surf.

Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

Net downhill course, doesn't  count 😉

Nice run mate.

4 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Net downhill course, doesn't  count 😉

Nice run mate.

Ha! Very true. But there's enough uphill to make it hurt like hell!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, monkie said:

Ha! Very true. But there's enough uphill to make it hurt like hell!

Yep cracking course.  Missed it this year for the first time in many years.  Hopefully be back next year when life isnt so hectic.

jRode for 220min 

Jogged for 20

****ing empty legs on the bike. Absolutely ****ing crap 

Ran OK 

Yay for getting it done 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, monkie said:

City 2 Surf.

Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

15 mins faster than me! All 102kgs of me made it home in under 70 so all good... Set for another crack in the red group next year. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, willie said:

15 mins faster than me! All 102kgs of me made it home in under 70 so all good... Set for another crack in the red group next year. 

You were 104.... I see a trend.... 😎🤘

Life has happened a bit today, planned 3hr ride and 45 min run, got 1hr 10 done on zwift due to dangerous winds outside, went and did 45 min run after but I’m now playing nurse to the wife who went to a girlfriends last night and wiped herself out, I got a call at stupid o’clock to go and get her as she had passed out.  I’ve given her a spray about it as I had to put the kids in the car to go and get her and I don’t want kids seeing that.  Honestly at 36 years old I thought most people were past that type of behaviour.  I’m don’t drink so I guess I’m out of touch with with that type of behaviour..  and the kids are feral today 😳

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KieranR said:

Life has happened a bit today, planned 3hr ride and 45 min run, got 1hr 10 done on zwift due to dangerous winds outside, went and did 45 min run after but I’m now playing nurse to the wife who went to a girlfriends last night and wiped herself out, I got a call at stupid o’clock to go and get her as she had passed out.  I’ve given her a spray about it as I had to put the kids in the car to go and get her and I don’t want kids seeing that.  Honestly at 36 years old I thought most people were past that type of behaviour.  I’m don’t drink so I guess I’m out of touch with with that type of behaviour..  and the kids are feral today 😳

It's amazing how quick it can happen "in the moment" at least that's my excuse.

20k run this morning and 4.5k swim this arvo.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, willie said:

My first crack at C2S today, was aiming at 70min best case scenario, but the course was a bit more challenging than I was expecting! Got a big headspin at about 10k and walked about 20 metres and smashed some electrolytes. Came in at 70.29, so looks like I missed the red group qualifier by under 30 seconds 😫

• Like 1

Easy week for me. Struck down with flu last sunday night.  Was not well and sore.

Wednesday - 20min Run + Gym in Arvo

Thursday - 30min Run + Trainer Bike Session in arvo

Friday - Gym and Treadmill (5x1km - 3:44/3:44/3:38/3:38/3:30)

Saturday - 70min Run + 20min DWR - 90min Bike after work

Sunday - 2hr on trainer then run off bike which was 7.5km loop (26:30) - DWR this afternoon.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Moved house. Nuff said.

There is only 1 thing worse, and that’s helping move house for someone else! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The new guy said:

My first crack at C2S today, was aiming at 70min best case scenario, but the course was a bit more challenging than I was expecting! Got a big headspin at about 10k and walked about 20 metres and smashed some electrolytes. Came in at 70.29, so looks like I missed the red group qualifier by under 30 seconds 😫

I actually enjoyed the run today, just wanted to go around in 70 mins to retain my red group start. Crossed the line at 68 mins, after feeling a slight calf / top of achilles tear at the 4K mark and had to stop for a little bit.

Lots of nice hills, wasnt as difficult as last year

Hopefully this is the start I need for WS70.3, and Blackmores half marathon.

I also think I need some new shoes, I'm currently running in Nike Flyknit Racers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Customer said:

Moved house. Nuff said.

Wow. That's strength right there!..... LOL 

#poorqualitydadjoke 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Easy week for me. Struck down with flu last sunday night.  Was not well and sore.

Wednesday - 20min Run + Gym in Arvo

Thursday - 30min Run + Trainer Bike Session in arvo

Friday - Gym and Treadmill (5x1km - 3:44/3:44/3:38/3:38/3:30)

Saturday - 70min Run + 20min DWR - 90min Bike after work

Sunday - 2hr on trainer then run off bike which was 7.5km loop (26:30) - DWR this afternoon.  

I am jealous.... 

Your recovering from the flu and you still can do 1km at 3:40 ish. 😮😮

Quality 😎🤘💪

• Like 1