prizna

What training did you do today...

9 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

Have you seen the norseman event on zwift?

How do you do it?? 

4.7km leisurely swim around the dam with a group from Grimsey's squad. There to celebrate Mary's successful Channel swim the night before. They say IM is just as hard for the 17 hour athletes as those finishing in 10, but I reckon swimming for over 17 hours would be a lot harder than doing it in 10.

Rode 75k this morning.  Had a coffee at halfway.  First week back training after injury and first of setting my own sessions and have done got through it all.  Nice easy swim this arvo to finish the week off.

Starting the build to busso next week!

• Like 1

I started training this week. Running with one of the girls I coach and took a tumble... lucky my moobs got in the way before my face. 

E84DEA4C-F826-4BC4-8541-4FCEC5290ADF.jpeg

90E65C23-F237-4034-A8CA-EC68587C37C7.jpeg

C6FC27D3-FDF8-4C08-A7F6-594E81BFDE1E.jpeg

D18EEAC3-48F0-45A1-83DF-643AF9B02F1A.jpeg

• Sad 3

3hr Zwift 

20min trot off the bike. 

Off to watch the Eagles Smash Freo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

3hr Zwift 

20min trot off the bike. 

Off to watch the Eagles Smash Freo. 

If they don't does that mean you get a red box on training peaks for the day?

Monday - Wednesday, ran each day, biked tuesday, Swam and DWR monday, wednesday

Thursday - AM 12km  (6km  out and back found good safe route to Clayton on path) + 6x800 at track with 100m float, On run back home hip and shoulder a car who apparently just stolen fuel from servo, they come roaring out of servo and my only option was to turn sideon and run into passenger door, bounced off, while they pulled out onto road in front of other cars.  Not sure why I did what I did it was just my inital reaction, don't think hurt anything, although shoulder a bit sore on that side- PM Trainer Ride

Friday - GYM + Easy run on treadmill threw in some 1min pick ups

Saturday - AM 26km run - different route - WORK - PM Trainer Ride 1hr40

Sunday -  AM Approx 80km ride and run off bike 7.5km    PM - DWR + Gym mobility and stability work

Edited by Fitness Buddy
  • Sad 1

Solid week FB. Hope you are ok.

i did an easy 64km ride ( easy except for the Cheddar Gorge) 

• Like 1

One hour paddle for me today. 

Beaut winters day here in Sydney so got the ski out. 

3 weeks in from never having paddled before and it has been a steep learning curve. 

Today was 6ks without falling in. Yay 😀 

E2C1BAF1-26E6-43E4-AAAF-2A6AF8D91260.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, roxii said:

One hour paddle for me today. 

Beaut winters day here in Sydney so got the ski out. 

3 weeks in from never having paddled before and it has been a steep learning curve. 

Today was 6ks without falling in. Yay 😀 

E2C1BAF1-26E6-43E4-AAAF-2A6AF8D91260.jpeg

Great stuff Peter

2 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

On run back home hip and shoulder a car who apparently just stolen fuel from servo, they come roaring out of servo and my only option was to turn sideon and run into passenger door, bounced off

Sorry mate, but do u look around when you run? You seem to have a lot of encounters with other users. 

Or a shit ton of bad luck. 

Gorgeous weekend and a lovely end to a great week of training!

Yesterday was 4:45 on the turbo at 65 - 75% FTP, watched Mama Mia in preparation for the evening's entertainment. Icecream trip with the wife (such grown ups) then a 45 min trail run followed by a cinema trip for Mama Mia Here We Go Again (two hours of pure joy).

Today I woke up in great shape (looking promising for LCW) and went out for a beautiful run around Dremmoyne whilst a couple of friends and the wife walked / ran around the same loop. 1:40 in Z2 (which was weirdly up at 5:20 pace) then last 20 minutes at 4:00s.

Brunch then recovery swim this afternoon with all the toys.

A great weekend of a load of training but managing to incorporate the better half into most of it too! :D

• Like 3

I have been rooting around with 4 hours of training, sorry - moving,  the last 6 weeksafter having 4 weeks off from Port in May.  I have been in the Hunter Valley for the last 3 days having fun. The season starts tomorrow. It starts with the 1st step. 

FM

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Turts said:

Sorry mate, but do u look around when you run? You seem to have a lot of encounters with other users. 

Or a shit ton of bad luck. 

Yes I do look around.  Wrong place at wrong time maybe the case.  And not being a cock head about it but probably running at a faster pace you have less chance of avoiding a car pulling out of driveway etc.  

Prefer it be me then a kid on its bike though.  Seen some close calls with this too.  

Actually one day was running and there was a car parked across the footpath (driveway) that had a little baby in it screaming.  Doors locked no one in sight, I assumed the parents were in the house where parked but judging by the look of place I chose to ignore the situation

Maybe I just need to do faster stuff on the bike paths etc.  

Edited by Fitness Buddy

12 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Nice work Monkie. 5.20 for Z2 isn’t shabby!

Thanks mate! I've had it up to 5:00 but that's at the end of a taper. For mid build I'm feeling rather pleased with myself :)

• Like 1

10km fun run at a 7:15 pace after having not run more than 5km in the last 9 months...stoked!

• Like 6

13 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

If they don't does that mean you get a red box on training peaks for the day?

Not when you roll BE effort for the ride and the run is super easy. Not sure what a red box is.... 🤔

Stairs at the stadium were harder 😂😂👍

FB that sucks. 

Maybe find a quiet stretch of path somewhere? That's what I'm doing for the majority of my runs until Busso. Just do the time required at the required feeling. Hope you are going okay mate 

Awesome stuff Roxii 😎👌

10 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Maybe I just need to do faster stuff on the bike paths etc. 

I think that's the secret. I kept the easy running around the footpaths & built up areas, and did my quick stuff on open bike paths and in the forest. You'd have the occasional incident with someone wandering around the bike-paths with headphones, but you usually had enough forward visibility to prepare.

And I've started my week with an upper body session at the gym, working on my core, back & shoulders to try to keep the niggles away when I start upping the miles in the pool.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

48 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I think that's the secret. I kept the easy running around the footpaths & built up areas, and did my quick stuff on open bike paths and in the forest. You'd have the occasional incident with someone wandering around the bike-paths with headphones, but you usually had enough forward visibility to prepare.

And I've started my week with an upper body session at the gym, working on my core, back & shoulders to try to keep the niggles away when I start upping the miles in the pool.

seems common sense to not do your 3min kms in built up areas but you know what they say about common sense.

Easy 1200 to start the week including 2x500m sets in the pool today.  20min power test on the bike tongith. 

8 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Nice.

Thanks 

Very enjoyable. Around a lake at dawn. 5 degrees approx.... Cold! LOL but sunrise was beautiful 

• Like 1

1500m in the pool, nice and easy - only noteworthy because I have been sick and not done a thing for 10 days and Worlds are in 4 and a bit weeks.  Me stressed?  Not a bit.....

• Like 2

Saturday - undercoat new bathroom ceiling, 1 hr zwift, 1st coat, 1 hr zwift, 2nd coat, clean up, cook dinner, in bed at 7:30

Sunday - 8km run easy, 2km hard. Band practise/play at church x 2, 5km easy run home

Monday - 40km zwift (hello flat watopia😉)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Thanks 

Very enjoyable. Around a lake at dawn. 5 degrees approx.... Cold! LOL but sunrise was beautiful 

I hope you mean air temp, otherwise you just beat me for an Ice Mile. :)

36 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I hope you mean air temp, otherwise you just beat me for an Ice Mile. :)

Hahaha 

Yes air temp. 

The lake wouldn't be deep enough to swim in. Just a fancy swamp, still nice to circumnavigate at a comfy pace 😎✌️😁

3k swim.  Makes 9k in 3 days.  It doesnt feel any better yet.  How long does it take to get fit again?

• Like 1

Took the daughter on her first ride on her new MTB in the bush! She was pretty stoked she didn’t crash and get a scratch. 

• Like 4

2.2km swim yesterday followed by 90 mins of low cadence super FTP intervals 🤮

Today was strength and then long run. 140 in Z2 (back in it's proper place of 5:45s) and then 26:40 at 4:05s. Tired now.

1 minute ago, monkie said:

2.2km swim yesterday followed by 90 mins of low cadence super FTP intervals 🤮

Today was strength and then long run. 140 in Z2 (back in it's proper place of 5:45s) and then 26:40 at 4:05s. Tired now.

Do you mean 26.4kms at 4.05s?:blink:

2 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Do you mean 26.4kms at 4.05s?:blink:

Not yet! Just the last 6k ish (26 min 40 seconds). I missed a colon in 1:40:00.

Hoping to do Sydney half at 4.05s or below in a few weeks though 👹

Edited by monkie

1 hour ago, monkie said:

Not yet! Just the last 6k ish (26 min 40 seconds). I missed a colon in 1:40:00.

Hoping to do Sydney half at 4.05s or below in a few weeks though 👹

Well that makes me feel a 'bit' better :lol:

I did 7.4km at lunch with 4 x1 @ 4.05.  Hot as balls!

• Like 1

Easy Zwift 

Easy jog 

2hrs in the legs and lungs 😎🤘😁😁😁

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FatPom said:

Well that makes me feel a 'bit' better :lol:

I did 7.4km at lunch with 4 x1 @ 4.05.  Hot as balls!

:lol: did the temperature get past 23? :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, willie said:

:lol: did the temperature get past 23? :P

it was in the work gym, no a/c and no fans, plus it's underground, so no windows.  Would have been cooler outside probably!

29c last couple of days. Bit cooler today. UK and Europe are experiencing some of the highest temps on record at the moment, been going on for weeks now.

Edited by FatPom

6 hours ago, FatPom said:

1hr Zwift,  34kms, 300mtrs, 213 av watts.

OK, this is weird, yesterday I did the above.

Today I did the same route but rode to the hour so was 34.8km but averaged 233 watts.  Obviously some sandbagging going on somewhere. :lol:

35 minutes ago, FatPom said:

OK, this is weird, yesterday I did the above.

Today I did the same route but rode to the hour so was 34.8km but averaged 233 watts.  Obviously some sandbagging going on somewhere. :lol:

Did you get in a pack last time?

56 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Did you get in a pack last time?

wouldn't make any difference but no, mostly solo.

6 hours ago, FatPom said:

wouldn't make any difference but no, mostly solo.

I've never used zwift, but I would have thought they would make it interactive enough that if you can position yourself directly behind another person, or in a pack it would make allowances and give you better speed for the same power output.