prizna

What training did you do today...

Nothing. I also had chicken schnitzel & chips for dinner followed up with a magnum ice-cream.

Zero fks given.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Nothing. I also had chicken schnitzel & chips for dinner followed up with a magnum ice-cream.

Zero fks given.

That's training to be an American....

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, pieman said:

GOLD! 

1 hour ago, pieman said:

Love the USA 🇺🇸 thanks for the compliment 

Swam in a pool with a numpty. One 50m lane and only 2 if us in it. He managed to get in the way every 100-150m. Swimming up the wrong side, stopping and standing in the middle, treading water mid length etc etc etc

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

My problem now is that I'd hoped to do a few km in the morning, but just realised I have to hang around here until after sunrise to get a few things done before work. This is going to be interesting to see how I get around this one. :)

Easy in the end. Up early, get ready for work, drive to the pool & in it by 5am. 2.6km done & dusted, then home to pick the flowers, then off to work by 6:30.

• Like 1

45 minute VO2 Max interval work out on the kickr in the morning (4 intervals ranging from 7 minutes down to 2 minutes with power ranging from FTP to 125% of FTP).

2.8km swim (7 x 400M on 7 minutes) in the afternoon.

While on run Grabbed on girl who walked out in front of traffic while head down on mobile phone.  She then preceded to abuse me and saying i assaulted her.  A bystander then stepped in and said he may of just saved your life so stop your bitching.

Smart phones really create dumb ****ers.  Honestly when does this stop.  Cars being driven without attention to road, Cyclists taking selfies during ride.  

As i said to motorist a week ago at the traffic lights who was on his phone.  Look around mate and see all the people respecting you by not using their phone driving how about you do the same.  

No one is invincible so stop acting like you are.  Only takes one incident and you can ruin either your life or someone elses. 

• Like 3

5km treadmill trot when we landed in Vietnam yesterday, half hour in the hotel pool this morning (25m) and a 20 min gym bike this arvo all very very easy, unpacked the bike to make sure no damage, alls good will repack tomorrow for flight up to Danang on Friday! Then it’s race weekend. Very keen indeed, sight seeing with the family this morning, girls have gone off on another tour this arvo and tomorrow we will go see the cu Chi tunnels all together.  Bit bummed my travel insurance doesn’t cover motorbike riding because I just love the craziness of scooters everywhere, and being a more than confident motorbike rider I’d love to be out in the mayhem.

• Like 3

Was going to run this evening, but got my ass handed to me at work today so might just leave it till the morning.

• Like 2

4.2km this morning. 

Solo in the dam this morning. All the triathletes have curled up for the winter now that Port is over. Felt a little nippy, but reasonable to swim in, but starting to shiver a little now. I'm not looking forward to early next week after a few days of Westerlys dropping the air temp 8 degrees and the water temp a couple. 

Realised a few days ago that I hadn't had a day off in 5 weeks... rest day today :D slept in, went out for breakfast. 

• Like 2

29km mtb ride. Beautiful scenery, I can see the appeal!

IMG_0471.JPG

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2

2.8km in the pool today. I haven't given up on the dam just yet, but it just worked out easier with what I have to do the rest of the day.

W/U of 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, starting with the 500m on 1:45 pace, and getting 5sec/100m faster each distance.

6 x 50m on 50 (just under 45)

3 x 100m on 1:40 (just under 1:30)

2 x 200m on 3:20 (2:55)

300m W/D

3000mts pool swim, 2.5 slow-med pull + 500 kick. Almost as cold as the dam, perhaps the sudden drop in Brizzy temps caught them by surprise.

• Like 1

2600m in the pool with the pull buoy. I broke one of the bones in my pelvis a week and a half ago ( fell of the bike) so I haven't done anything since then.  

It was a pleasure to do something active even though I looked a bit strange getting in the pool off my crutches. 

• Sad 3

7km trail on the more gnarly trail the other side of town. All going well until about 400mtrs to go back to the road and I took a stack on a tricky downhill section. 

At first I thought I'd gotten away with it pretty lightly but then I took my shirt off and Flipper cried out 'WOW'.

And the following shower didn't hurt a bit!

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

• Sad 3

2.5km in the pool. 1km W/u, then the rest as 100's & 200's, all hard.

Felt good

• Like 1

ParkRun TT.

Not sure whether to be happy or super happy.  5.06km, 21.27, 4:14 av.  Start line seemed to be back a little today....might be why a little longer than normal.

4.06, 4.12, 4.14, 4.18, 4.21 then 15 sec.  

So is it 21.13 or 21.28 (which is the offical time)????? 

Pacing felt more even and felt more comfortable, just last 500m was a bit pooped. Anyway, same as what I ran with pace kids few weeks ago (on a different course but that’s was exactly 5km), so at least I can run this time.  Next step, bring it down another 10 or so seconds.  Just small steps to the biggest prize. 

• Thanks 2

4am run.  2hr run 27.81km by mmr. Started work at 7 so have to get it done by 6.

Legs great considering yesterdays TM session.

1min @ 15/16/17/18kmh 30sec rest

1min @16/16.5/17.1 90sec @18kmh 1min rec @15kmh

1min @16.5/17.2/17.6/18 30sec @ 18.2, 1min  @15kmh

1min @17/17.5/18 30sec @18.5, 1min @15kmh

1min @17/17.5/18/18.5

Probably fav set done on tready.  Easily adapted to how you feel on day. 

Edited by Fitness Buddy
  • Like 1

Can't decide. Still banged up and a bit sore from Friday's tumble and travelling back from holiday yesterday was a workout enough!

Might do the 50km base ride with my CC or just rest.  My arms are too bruised and sore for a swim.

• Sad 1

6.3k open water swim in L/S wettie, wasn't too bad in the water but so cold when I got out. Took half the day to warm up again.

• Like 2

Found my man card and did 60kms hilly road ride but very easy pace.  

Family lunch now. Technically I'm still on holiday, so the calories won't count,,,,right? :lol:

I found my "man card" too FP, and did 3.4km in the dam this morning.

Unfortunately my "man bits" didn't agree, and decided it was too cold, so went hiding for the next few hours. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

hmm, not happy Jan.   My tumble on Friday has resulted in a buggered calf. Not affected by riding but can't run at all the moment. :wallbash:

• Sad 2

"Maintenance Day"  2.5k easy swim, all drills and form + 30k spin on the roadie at the Nundah track.

• Like 1

Race pace specific day. Working during the day mon, wed, fri now so these are important..

3hr windtrainer with 4x30min as 10min @ 300, 10min @ 335, 10min @ 300.. ended up with 294np for the three hours.

65min run with 15x2min @ 3.40 - 3.30/km on 1min float reco

• Like 2

1hr on the bike @ 200w before work

8km at 4:57min/km after work. Second time ever under 5min/km, and an extra 3km. Just keep hearing APs 70% mental. Pretty chuffed with that.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

4k of form, drill & kick in the pool

I'd rather kick myself in the nuts. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bike intervals yesterday and steady 45min turbo this morning. Swim tonight. Calf is easing but won't try running until next week earliest

• Like 2

I did another coached running clinic with my daughter last night.  90min session. 40 min focusing on stride technique & drills for the first 40min & then a 50min circuit of strength & conditioning stations. In teams of two one person runs two laps of the gym while the other does the exercise station. Changing stations every 5min. I swear to god my daughter slows down her running pace when I'm doing planks, those two laps take for ever!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

I did another coached running clinic with my daughter last night.  90min session. 40 min focusing on stride technique & drills for the first 40min & then a 50min circuit of strength & conditioning stations. In teams of two one person runs two laps of the gym while the other does the exercise station. Changing stations every 5min. I swear to god my daughter slows down her running pace when I'm doing planks, those two laps take for ever!!!!!!!

How did it feel getting up at 4am, sorry 3am, to train after a session like that last night?

8 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

How did it feel getting up at 4am, sorry 3am, to train after a session like that last night?

I didn’t bother going to sleep

#tiger #blessed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

110 bike followed by lounge testing (result = comfy)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50km ride with a few mates. Pretty easy pace, except for one flat out 5km TT effort. One of those days where it's just a great day to ride and have a coffee.

• Like 1

Say on the balcony and watched the sunrise. Then a little OWS and body surf.

FM

A565A5E0-046C-4479-99F1-E2626413414A.jpeg

• Like 2

light 7K this afternoon / evening, A good friend of mine is doing ramadan, so i've decided to fast with him. No food / water from sunrise to sunset.

Interesting thing happened yesterday, I went for a run, and for the first time, I started paying close attention to my cadence, i've switched up my running technique to push my hips forward a little big, which has helped with cadence and taking smaller steps, feels so much more efficient running this way. Was sitting comfortable at a running cadence of 175

Edited by Suburban Kid

Tried a run yesterday. Had the pace way low at 5.45/km and all went well up to the 7km mark, then my foot landed on a speed bump that are down a little residential lane and within 3 steps of doing that ‘bang’ seems to have gone again. 

Seems a bit better today but I will rest it for another week.

• Sad 1