Jump to content
prizna

What training did you do today...

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Katz said:

I did a multisport event today. 3ks of run/walk/cry followed by a dip in the ocean. I can assure you, walking into the ocean in your running gear and then spending 10 mins standing there sobbing elicits some funny looks. **** it all.

Don't want to sound weird. But I've done that, something similar anyway. Nearly lost someone suddenly, "coped" by running 20km and then walking into the water at Watermans up to my waist and crying. It felt better afterwards. Akward at the time. 

 

Take care Katz 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to run in Brisbane heat.  Started, got a partial run in and nearly died.  The training is looking fantastic!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/02/2018 at 9:14 AM, FFF1077 said:

But do you take heed.... 😁

When I think it's the right thing to do 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on the wind rainer.  Wouldn't it be nice to have an air conditioned room to train in! Probably wouldn't help you on race day. But shit it is hot!

Not complaining too much though. I'd rather heat than cold!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cranky, am with you.  In BNE for work.  Went out this morning for a run, with sprints of 30 and 15 sec in blocks.......

IT IS FRIGGEN HOT. 😳

This coming from me.......who lives in Cairns. 😄. Air con in hotel is nice. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, skel said:

Cranky, am with you.  In BNE for work.  Went out this morning for a run, with sprints of 30 and 15 sec in blocks.......

IT IS FRIGGEN HOT. 😳

This coming from me.......who lives in Cairns. 😄. Air con in hotel is nice. 

-4C here this morning, brrrr!  

Did a strength session today, saving my legs for a speed session tomorrow night, ugh!

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, skel said:

IT IS FRIGGEN HOT. 😳

It's the humidity getting me. I went for a 1 hour walk this morning. When I left the fog was that heavy you couldn't see 100m down the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20ks on the TT. I replaced the batteries in the vectors so wanted to have a play with it. Then did 1200m in the pool. Was planning on swimming at Sorrento, but the wind turned the water into a washing machine, so I bailed on that idea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cranky said:

I'm on the wind rainer.  Wouldn't it be nice to have an air conditioned room to train in! Probably wouldn't help you on race day. But shit it is hot!

Not complaining too much though. I'd rather heat than cold!

turned the airconditioner on in the gym for the first time the other day for the WT session -  it is absolutely lovely :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

turned the airconditioner on in the gym for the first time the other day for the WT session -  it is absolutely lovely :D 

Just to rub it in to Cranky, yes it is good having an air con.  Works wonders when the ceiling fan is not quite enough :P

My new gym (aka the sweat box) is a demountable around 6 * 4 metres that was used as a home office by the previous people.  All modern cons including power and air con (and fan), just no insulation.  Anytime it gets over 20 degrees outside, it feels over 30 degrees inside and rises proportionally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walked 5ks then swam a bit over a k at Sorrento. Was lovely, at least until the wind picked up and the water got a bit choppy to be pleasant anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bludgy cruise out to Kurnell...to clear the shit going on in my mind.....mojos on holidays this week.....

bumped into some dodgy looking Roxxi along the beachs briefly...like ships passing in the night....:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't done it yet but I am putting it here to guilt me into making sure I get it done later today.

I'm going to spend approx 50 mins on the Kickr doing a sufferfest vid. Urgh.

ETA: Done

Edited by Katz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Katz said:

I haven't done it yet but I am putting it here to guilt me into making sure I get it done later today.

I'm going to spend approx 50 mins on the Kickr doing a sufferfest vid. Urgh.

ETA: Done

Which one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Which one?

TBTITW - they lied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, oldschool69#2 said:

Swam 1400 total 

400 swim 

10 x 100 leaving on the 140

felt shit got out had an ice cream and watch my eldest in his squad

 

Out of curiosity, if you are turning on the 1min40, what are you touching on? And are the 100s sprints or firm or mod efforts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BogFrog said:

Out of curiosity, if you are turning on the 1min40, what are you touching on? And are the 100s sprints or firm or mod efforts?

Today pretty much all of them about 1.25 no slower .

not really anything’s just swam if I tried to leave on the 130 it would of been an effort especially towards the end so that 15 sec rest made it easy to hold that pace.

i have swum a lot in my life but by no means am I a swimmer.

14 months ago at 41 year old I got myself back into sub 5 min 400 (4.55) 

  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, oldschool69#2 said:

Today pretty much all of them about 1.25 no slower .

not really anything’s just swam if I tried to leave on the 130 it would of been an effort especially towards the end so that 15 sec rest made it easy to hold that pace.

i have swum a lot in my life but by no means am I a swimmer.

14 months ago at 41 year old I got myself back into sub 5 min 400 (4.55) 

Jebus......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, oldschool69#2 said:

Today pretty much all of them about 1.25 no slower .

not really anything’s just swam if I tried to leave on the 130 it would of been an effort especially towards the end so that 15 sec rest made it easy to hold that pace.

i have swum a lot in my life but by no means am I a swimmer.

14 months ago at 41 year old I got myself back into sub 5 min 400 (4.55) 

How do you go for more reps? I've found I can hold that type of time for 10 to 15 reps, but drop down to 1:30+ if I try to go more than 20 on 1:40 cycle.

edit: And have you found yourself slowing much in recent years.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to sure mate haven’t really done more reps then the usual 10 or so .now I swim on my own so 1 to 2k and I’m done .

Defenitly slowed over the years

but found if I was consistent and did 3 squads a week 3 to 4K   Per set (which is what I started to do last year) with the young surf swimmers 

i got down to the 455 but was pretty farrked after it my pb is 4.40 for the 400 so wasn’t that far off it but the main difference I reckon is (back in the day) haha

we would punch out 16x400 every  fricken Friday morning and had to swim them all under 5min leave on the 5.30 I always had to lead the first 2 or 3 A’s I was the slowest then just sit in the line. Our fitness back then when I think of it was bloody good.

the squad did include Maroney ,Robbo McCormack ,Obrien, Welchy Metters , Pallister even had Lessing there for a bit plus the surf guys. And a stack of other triathlete Natasha Bradman Carney Mj  funny days!

Dick Cain was the legendary coach.

speaking to Mick the other week and talking about it all he reckons 50 is when you really notice the down turn .

So guess I got another 8 years to go till I catch you old pricks...😂😂😂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldschool69#2 said:

Not to sure mate haven’t really done more reps then the usual 10 or so .now I swim on my own so 1 to 2k and I’m done .

Defenitly slowed over the years

but found if I was consistent and did 3 squads a week 3 to 4K   Per set (which is what I started to do last year) with the young surf swimmers 

i got down to the 455 but was pretty farrked after it my pb is 4.40 for the 400 so wasn’t that far off it but the main difference I reckon is (back in the day) haha

we would punch out 16x400 every  fricken Friday morning and had to swim them all under 5min leave on the 5.30 I always had to lead the first 2 or 3 A’s I was the slowest then just sit in the line. Our fitness back then when I think of it was bloody good.

the squad did include Maroney ,Robbo McCormack ,Obrien, Welchy Metters , Pallister even had Lessing there for a bit plus the surf guys. And a stack of other triathlete Natasha Bradman Carney Mj  funny days!

Dick Cain was the legendary coach.

speaking to Mick the other week and talking about it all he reckons 50 is when you really notice the down turn .

So guess I got another 8 years to go till I catch you old pricks...😂😂😂

Wow, it's like looking in a mirror. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roadie club reco bunchy. 50 or so kilometres around Redcliffe.

Holy shit balls its warm.  The humidity is insane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to leave early today to get to the blood bank, but got in 2.8km OWS. I did 1.7km steady, then a hard 400m, then a hard 150m backstroke, then the same breastroke, then easy 100m, then flat out 300m to the end. Felt good. 
I'll do a Katz, and say I'm doing a long swim tomorrow morning. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3km swim with 2k in westuit.

Few hours applying for 2019 Graduate Programs.

7km jog.

Nice to have a couple easy days into Geelong on Sunday and a good chance to catch up on other areas of life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday:

4am 3km swim

545am 30min strength

615am 4mins tabata rebounder run

1030am 25min water running

5pm 4mins rebounder tabata run (doesn't count. Forgot to turn on my watch)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:37 PM, oldschool69#2 said:

The squad did include Maroney ,Robbo, McCormack ,Obrien, Welchy, Metters , Pallister, even had Lessing there for a bit plus the surf guys. And a stack of other triathlete Natasha Bradman Carney Mj  funny days!

Yeah, but were there any good triathletes in the squad...?  :smartarse:

That's a fair old list there, Dick Cain wasn't just a good coach, he must have been a genius!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I'll do a Katz, and say I'm doing a long swim tomorrow morning. :)

Well, that didn't work. I woke to thunder & lightning at 4:30 this morning, so rolled over & had a sleep in. I feel guilty now that I've woken at 6 & it's cleared.

There's always tomorrow. :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a planned REST DAY! :clap:

I'm doing a little sprint tomorrow. Wish me luck!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Go Easy said:

Yeah, but were there any good triathletes in the squad...?  :smartarse:

That's a fair old list there, Dick Cain wasn't just a good coach, he must have been a genius!

The legendary stories that get told are funny , I missed the absolute hey day of his squads when he had  the best surf and pool swimmers in Australia. Ciach@ was in the thick of it 

The mid 90 when the Euros etc came here for summer they all headed to Cronulla to train or Gold Coast with Col  ( and let’s face it who would go to Victoria)😂😂😂

His sessions were just no bullshit and hard work

lots of Band only , if he seen a pool bouy on deck it got throwin out!

cant remember all the sets but

Fridays was 16x400

Wednesday was 8x800

Mondays was 32x200 

Mist warm ups were 1 mile  band only

and then there was always the 100x100 throwin in randomly 

20on 1.30

20 on 1.20

20 on 1.30 

20 on 1.20

20 on 1.30

with 30 sec rest in between each 20 Dick would put a couple red frogs in a cup st the end of the pool 

One more quick story

The legendary Simon Lessing turned up for his first session on a Friday , Macca was on fire 97 worlds were coming up etc so every one was at the pool 

.

Lessing walks in introducing himself to Dick interrupting his morning whisky 

S.l ( hi I’m Simon)

D.c “ that’s great ya want a medal”

s “ can I join into the squad please”

D “ sure get in 16 x400 “

S “ oh ok what’s the warm up”

Dick “ listen mate you want a farrking warm up turn the heater up in your car on the way here! now jump in ya fairy floss!”

Tough Cranky love but the amount of respect every one still has for Dick is a testament to the guy he is 

legend

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Katz said:

I'm having a planned REST DAY! :clap:

I'm doing a little sprint tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Smash it B):punk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, oldschool69#2 said:

The legendary stories that get told are funny , I missed the absolute hey day of his squads when he had  the best surf and pool swimmers in Australia. Ciach@ was in the thick of it 

The mid 90 when the Euros etc came here for summer they all headed to Cronulla to train or Gold Coast with Col  ( and let’s face it who would go to Victoria)😂😂😂

His sessions were just no bullshit and hard work

lots of Band only , if he seen a pool bouy on deck it got throwin out!

cant remember all the sets but

Fridays was 16x400

Wednesday was 8x800

Mondays was 32x200 

Mist warm ups were 1 mile  band only

and then there was always the 100x100 throwin in randomly 

20on 1.30

20 on 1.20

20 on 1.30 

20 on 1.20

20 on 1.30

with 30 sec rest in between each 20 Dick would put a couple red frogs in a cup st the end of the pool 

One more quick story

The legendary Simon Lessing turned up for his first session on a Friday , Macca was on fire 97 worlds were coming up etc so every one was at the pool 

.

Lessing walks in introducing himself to Dick interrupting his morning whisky 

S.l ( hi I’m Simon)

D.c “ that’s great ya want a medal”

s “ can I join into the squad please”

D “ sure get in 16 x400 “

S “ oh ok what’s the warm up”

Dick “ listen mate you want a farrking warm up turn the heater up in your car on the way here! now jump in ya fairy floss!”

Tough Cranky love but the amount of respect every one still has for Dick is a testament to the guy he is 

legend

 

 

That is what I love/why I love triathlon. That is awesome. So bloody cool. 

Best recount I have read in a while 😎👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ran 2.5km...third time this week.  First time I have ran 3 times in a week for over a year!

 

Long road back to fitness now though!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Well, that didn't work. I woke to thunder & lightning at 4:30 this morning, so rolled over & had a sleep in. I feel guilty now that I've woken at 6 & it's cleared.

There's always tomorrow. :)

 

I copped that storm on my way out to Samford from Dayboro this morning :wallbash:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duathlon at Eton Dorney, 5/20/5

1degC when we started but a beautiful blue sky morning.  

1.13.21,  6/102 overall and 2/30 in AG.

Happy :)

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, oldschool69#2 said:

His sessions were just no bullshit and hard work...

That's what you're there for I guess, and it got the results!

21 hours ago, oldschool69#2 said:

One more quick story...

Haha, love it.  You hear stories about this stuff but it's great hearing it from someone who was living it.

It's especially good hearing that the respect for such a tough task master is still there.  Cheers - Much appreciated :thumbsup:.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blew a spoke at the 127 km mark yesterday.  Luckily only 10 kms to go. Unfortunately I was on the north shore and got lost getting back to Neutral Bay. Hobbled back slow. First time doing Galston Gorge - interesting. 

FM

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2018 at 4:01 AM, FatPom said:

Duathlon at Eton Dorney, 5/20/5

1degC when we started but a beautiful blue sky morning.  

1.13.21,  6/102 overall and 2/30 in AG.

Happy :)

More importantly, how did the Garmin go?  For sale yet...? 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pieman said:

More importantly, how did the Garmin go?  For sale yet...? 😂

Yeah not well at first. Was running my freakin nuts off the first 5km and glanced at it twice to a pace of 7.xx and 6.xx. It was bloody cold but I kept thinking 'surely I'm running faster than that, this thing is a POS'.

looked after the race and it was 'mins per mile' not kms.   We're still friends, for now:lol:

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did an hour Zwift last night. It has informed that FTP has risen from 238 to 245 and I've unlocked Level 13, which as far as I can tell, gets me new socks :lol:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Katz said:

60mins of 5m/1m run/walk.

Minutes not metres..... LOL? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Minutes not metres..... LOL? 

Yes, minutes. :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14k Run = 5k warm up, + 5k fartlek + 4k warm down.

Then 1 hour of watching the Winter Olympics while stretching, rolling, and sitting on a hockey ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×