prizna

What training did you do today...

A bit over 4km this morning. Air temp was 4 when I left my place, but a respectable 6 at the dam. The water felt warm in comparison. :)

Edit to add a gym session this afternoon where I concentrate on core & attempted rehab around my knee. I prefer the upper body workout I do alternate to this one, as it's a much more intense session. It's so depressing when you're doing leg extensions, and you look at your HR sitting on 56. :(

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 1

Could someone tell that mofo giant magpie at the end of the M7 cycleway that it is WINTER and he is a bit frickin early. Went for me 3 times

• Sad 1

3hr zwift - easy

15min shuffle off the zwift

2km swim. 

Good fun day

• Like 2

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, BogFrog said:

Could someone tell that mofo giant magpie at the end of the M7 cycleway that it is WINTER and he is a bit frickin early. Went for me 3 times

maybe we need to create an anti-magpie protest 😋

Friday was Gym and Treadmill session.   Gym - BB DL 3x6-8 (60-70kg), SL Calf Strength 3x10-12 (20-30kg) Split Squats 3x10-12ea (14kg-20kg) done as triple set,  DA SB Chest Press 22kg each, SA DB Bench Row 3x12ea (22kg), Chin Ups 3xMax 8-12reps,  Core Circuit - Roll Out, Palof Press, SL Dead Bug.  Treadmill Session 8x400 with 100m Rest (18-20sec) (1x17.1, 1x18, 6x18.5kmh) 2x800 with 200 rest (38-40sec) at 18.5kmh 

Saturday - 1hr45 run in morning then work then Trainer Ride in arvo 1hr45

Sunday - Approx 100km ride then Looped run off bike (19:10 for 5.6km)

Then went and seen my Mum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:17 AM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

A bit over 4km this morning. Air temp was 4 when I left my place, but a respectable 6 at the dam. The water felt warm in comparison. :)

Edit to add a gym session this afternoon where I concentrate on core & attempted rehab around my knee. I prefer the upper body workout I do alternate to this one, as it's a much more intense session. It's so depressing when you're doing leg extensions, and you look at your HR sitting on 56. :(

Leg Extensions (why)

13 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Leg Extensions (why)

Trying to do something to work on my VMO. They are VERY controlled, only lifting 5kg, and only going from a 10 degree angle to straight. The VMO is firing, but it is half the size of the right, and still shrinking. 

It's one of a few things we are doing for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Stuff, very painful stuff!

Three days of "Stuff" no less.

• Like 1

2.4km easy swim today... focusing on technique... was hoping it was be quicker. Gotta wrangle a mate with a go pro to get a better understanding of my technique I think. 

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, BogFrog said:

Assuming it is the one in Glenwood? Add to the reports on Magpie Alert, word has it with certain councils, the more often it happens the more chance they will look at moving it on. Although they never did do anything about the one near the chicken farm, and it was that one that caused a broken arm, a few rider near misses!

Yesterday - 1 hour on Zwift + 1km run off the bike. Guided cortisone shot in my hip tomorrow, then never running over 10km again. I just do way too much damage.

Edited by MissJess

5 hours ago, MissJess said:

Assuming it is the one in Glenwood? Add to the reports on Magpie Alert, word has it with certain councils, the more often it happens the more chance they will look at moving it on. Although they never did do anything about the one near the chicken farm, and it was that one that caused a broken arm, a few rider near misses!

Yesterday - 1 hour on Zwift + 1km run off the bike. Guided cortisone shot in my hip tomorrow, then never running over 10km again. I just do way too much damage.

Yes - I reported it on the website - 3 other reports there in the last week. Intersection of old Windsor Road & M7...

Good luck with the injection. No more running over 10?!? 🤯

Yeah, I seem to damage something (usually my hip) every time I go over 10km. I might address it in the future, but I was not going to promise the doctor no running at all :w00t1:

I had "X" hrs on the table today.* Body and mind were ****ed. So I did 1/3 of it. 

Better than nothing. 

*still self coached at this point in time. 16 weeks out I start the MKC program. 😎👌

• Like 1

On 15/07/2018 at 11:13 AM, Fitness Buddy said:

Friday was Gym and Treadmill session.   Gym - BB DL 3x6-8 (60-70kg), SL Calf Strength 3x10-12 (20-30kg) Split Squats 3x10-12ea (14kg-20kg) done as triple set,  DA SB Chest Press 22kg each, SA DB Bench Row 3x12ea (22kg), Chin Ups 3xMax 8-12reps,  Core Circuit - Roll Out, Palof Press, SL Dead Bug.  Treadmill Session 8x400 with 100m Rest (18-20sec) (1x17.1, 1x18, 6x18.5kmh) 2x800 with 200 rest (38-40sec) at 18.5kmh 

Saturday - 1hr45 run in morning then work then Trainer Ride in arvo 1hr45

Sunday - Approx 100km ride then Looped run off bike (19:10 for 5.6km)

Then went and seen my Mum

That calf strength is impressive FB. I use the two calf push/pull machines at the gym. I can go 25kg with both legs together! SL is 15kg right and on a very good day, 10kg left.:blush:

• Like 2

I can feel a chest cold comin on.... *

*sung to the old "I can feel a XXXX coming on" 

Do I panic or dial it way back? 

Everyone at work is coughing badly and not taking sick leave because our pay drops dramatically if we are not at work for any reason. FARK 

Just now, FFF1077 said:

I can feel a chest cold comin on.... *

*sung to the old "I can feel a XXXX coming on" 

Do I panic or dial it way back? 

Everyone at work is coughing badly and not taking sick leave because our pay drops dramatically if we are not at work for any reason. FARK 

Dial it way back.

Also, take lots of raw garlic. I don't know whether it works the way most people say, but all those sick f-ckers will stay away from you due to the odour, so you're less likely to pick up anything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, FatPom said:

That calf strength is impressive FB. I use the two calf push/pull machines at the gym. I can go 25kg with both legs together! SL is 15kg right and on a very good day, 10kg left.:blush:

Thanks.  But no biggie

I use the smith machine for calf raises or dumbells.  Key is the tempo needs to be slow and controlled

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Thanks.  But no biggie

I use the smith machine for calf raises or dumbells.  Key is the tempo needs to be slow and controlled

That's what i try to do. I have your '2 secs up, 2 secs down' ringing in my ears every time :)

• Like 1

On 17/07/2018 at 4:04 PM, FatPom said:

FBs weights plus his bodyweight is most likely a weight free calf raise for me. 

Thats why im so slow. And female. And old. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turts said:

FBs weights plus his bodyweight is most likely a weight free calf raise for me. 

Thats why im so slow. And female. And old. 

Slow schmo Turts. You get it done, that's what counts. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day off yesterday, watching the tour is killing me 😮

Back in the pool today.

• Like 1