prizna

What training did you do today...

1 hour ago, BogFrog said:

First swim in 3 weeks. Was surprised how OK I felt at the start - not to slow either. Knackered earlier than usual though

I'm 10 days with no swim. Going tonight, fear it! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, FatPom said:

I'm 10 days with no swim. Going tonight, fear it! :lol:

You're brave. I don't ever let myself get over a week otherwise I fear I will drown and never come back! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cranky said:

You're brave. I don't ever let myself get over a week otherwise I fear I will drown and never come back! 

I did come back but I'm not the same man that went in. :wink1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lots of walking this week.  Snow & a few trout, but it's been tricky.  Kiwi weather forecasting no better than Oz, but at least their pessimism was largely wrong.

ChrisMoke.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just finished the 2 x 15 FTP workout on Zwift. help me jeebus:eek:

FTP went up from 247 to 261 :thumbup1:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmmmm I'm not seeing nearly enough training occurring here for the beer mile on May 7.

40mins on zwift yesterday, taking today off as I am feeling a little tired/laggy after a massage. Next session is Saturday.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Hmmmm I'm not seeing nearly enough training occurring here for the beer mile on May 7

I'm not even entered & I'm doing double distance sessions most nights.

• Haha 2

6hrs of fly-fishing on Lake Diamond, the first 2.5hrs in pissing, freezing rain @ 3 deg.  Retired to the cafe in Glenorchy at mid-day for a coffee & to get the core body temp back to normal,  then the sun came out.....ish, so got back into it.  The poor little Nissan Tiida hire car is trashed, but at least I didn't have to find the farmer to tow me out of his paddock. 

DiamondLakeStill1.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MissJess said:

Hmmmm I'm not seeing nearly enough training occurring here for the beer mile on May 7.

40mins on zwift yesterday, taking today off as I am feeling a little tired/laggy after a massage. Next session is Saturday.

I'm on call this week so there has been a reduction in both training and beer volume :(

• Sad 2

Bit of swimming and a bit of cycling this week. 

Tri Club ride this morning until my ankle said enough. Good fun. Even more fun staying with some of the fast guys on my clunker of a bike :lol:

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, MissJess said:

Hmmmm I'm not seeing nearly enough training occurring here for the beer mile on May 7...

Since stopping my 'regular' training about 6 weeks ago, I've been smashing the Beer Mile training...  The only trouble is that I now have no hope of completing the qualifying event!  :oops:

• Haha 1

parkrun fail. Went to get a sub 20 as haven't managed it since winter. Faded with the wind and lack of umph. Jetlag maybe, or just gone soft *humph*

An hour on the MTB on the bone-buster track.  Over a minute slower now, but still trying to get the Mojo back.  Gotta face the fear :scared:.  Then a 1500m swim set.  Only one pool in town over winter now at one of the private schools & you have to have contacts to become a member.  The UNE pool is out of action indefinitely, needs a complete rebuild apparently....but my annual m'ship cost has not dropped!

2 hours ago, BogFrog said:

parkrun fail. Went to get a sub 20 as haven't managed it since winter. Faded with the wind and lack of umph. Jetlag maybe, or just gone soft *humph*

If I think I've faded or had a bad Park Run, I always check my AG place. It's amazing how I can think I've had a shocker and then find out the others did as well. 

2 hours ago, FatPom said:

If I think I've faded or had a bad Park Run, I always check my AG place. It's amazing how I can think I've had a shocker and then find out the others did as well. 

BAH!  Don't care about anyone else.  It's all about me. ME I say ME!!!

:P

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Pffft... That's not soft, I did a 1:01:55 at the Wagga Parkrun this morning - Maybe the course was long...:sadwalk:

5 hours ago, FatPom said:

I got 5th in my Age Group... That would be a 'podium finish' in Kona.  Go Me!!! :lol: :clapping:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Tourist Parkrun at Zilmere then 6k open water swim at Redcliffe. Feeling ok after my longest swim for the year so far, Magnetic - Townsville swim might be back on the cards.

• Like 3

Just back from my 20km trail race. Fark me, how hard was that!  The terrain was very hilly and either gravel, single track or ultra muddy forest trails. It was harder than I imagined.  Results not out yet but I went close to 1:52:30. (forgot to stop my watch again:oops:)

Bacon roll and tea after didn't stand a chance. B)

• Like 3

1hr Zwift, took it easy after yesterday!  Opened level 16, fluro kit apparently,,, eek!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FatPom said:

1hr Zwift, took it easy after yesterday!  Opened level 16, fluro kit apparently,,, eek!

Fluro kit!? 

That might be enough to inspire me to do more Zwifting 

56 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Opened level 16, fluro kit apparently,,, eek!

What level does Budgies?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Results are up from my trail race.  Time was 1:52:42 and I came 13/90 overall.

Still not walking straight :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4.2km this morning. Slightly further than my normal swim, as there was so much loose water lily that I had to do a loop instead of the normal straight swim along the buoys. Swam real easy on the way out, and then fartleck back, with some very hard surges. I ended up swimming the whole lot, even with the extra distance quicker than my normal time. Felt real good at the end as well.

The one very interesting moment, was at about the 1.5km point, where I am probably the furthest distance from shore of any part of the swim, my hand hit something hard but slightly giving. It didn't feel like the weed you sometimes swim into. My head straight away lifted, to see a metre plus lungfish swish it's pointed tail on the surface as it swam off. It's good to know there's nothing nasty in the dam, cause without that knowledge I'd have been shitting myself the rest of the swim, even knowing what I'd swum into that time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

The one very interesting moment, was at about the 1.5km point, where I am probably the furthest distance from shore of any part of the swim, my hand hit something hard but slightly giving. It didn't feel like the weed you sometimes swim into. My head straight away lifted, to see a metre plus lungfish swish it's pointed tail on the surface as it swam off. It's good to know there's nothing nasty in the dam, cause without that knowledge I'd have been shitting myself the rest of the swim, even knowing what I'd swum into that time.

I swam into a wine bottle the other day.

Yes literally.  Headbutted it. 

• Like 1