prizna

What training did you do today...

Just over 4km again. That's 3 days swimming in a row & I felt sh1t. Did reps for the first half of the way back from the turn, then decided to mix it up with some other strokes. Felt a bit better at the end, but only just. 

I'm going to try a pool again tomorrow. I hope I remember how to turn more than once every 2km. :)

• Like 1

I spent all day Friday moving house  & then tried to ride yesterday. Damm I didn't realise how fatigued I was from the move. Pushing fridges & crap on a sack truck is bloody hard work. Woke up at 3am cramping like a dog. 

Felt like I had raced Ironman again & reminded me why I retired.

Still waiting on results of a cardiac MRI and getting increasingly frustrated with the wait involved, unleashed a half marathon PB this morning. Running angry helps!

7 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I spent all day Friday moving house  & then tried to ride yesterday. Damm I didn't realise how fatigued I was from the move. Pushing fridges & crap on a sack truck is bloody hard work. Woke up at 3am cramping like a dog. 

Felt like I had raced Ironman again & reminded me why I retired.

Moving house is definitely one of those problems you should throw money at! 

23 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I'm going to try a pool again tomorrow. I hope I remember how to turn more than once every 2km. :)

I dragged myself down to the pool this morning. It was touch and go for a while.

Launched straight into 50 x 100 on 1:45. The first couple were a bit quick, but settled into 1:33/4 after 2 or 3. Every 10 reps, I did 2 on 1:29. There were a few times I seriously thought about pulling the pin (can't do that when you are still 1km from where your gear is at the dam), but slogged on. I started to tire after the 2 hard ones at 4km, and my knee was hurting if I tried to push off hard, but managed to get through it with a 1:28 to finish.

With the dam starting to get cold, and a possible cyclone expected to further cool the dam later this week, I may have to resort to the pool a bit more often than I'd hoped over the next couple of months.

• Like 3

Am: 3hr ride with 6x5min @ 380w early on (although got carried away on last one as it included Oliver's hill and did 431w...) rest just easy

PM: 2hr run on the treadmill... 20min starting at 13, up 0.1 every 2min. 20min  at 14. 40min between 14.5 and 15. 3x5min at 16 with 2min in between at 13. 20min cool down from 13.5 down to 12.5...

• Like 2

25k into 3k brick session.  I had planned a rest day but with cyclone forming off the coast I thought I better make the most of the reasonable weather today. Thinking about Bribie sprint tri in a couple of weeks.

10 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

With the dam starting to get cold, and a possible cyclone expected to further cool the dam later this week, I may have to resort to the pool a bit more often than I'd hoped over the next couple of months.

I got a sleeveless wetsuit that might fit you bro. You can give it a go anyway 

19 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

I got a sleeveless wetsuit that might fit you bro. You can give it a go anyway 

That's OK. I've got one that Roxii gave me which I can wear on the weekends, but I don't want to leave a wet wet-suit in my car all day while I'm at work.

40 min interval turbo session at lunch (Wattbike)

Swim in the evening. I really hope my watch missed a few laps because is states that in 29 mins of swimming, I covered only 975mtrs, eek!  I'm slow but not that slow:huh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FatPom said:

I'm slow but not that slow:huh:

That's about my pace. :wallbash:

Swam just over 4km this morning. I can't show you the course I took, but here is the file.

DSC_2010.thumb.JPG.014a5e77ff966826788b6edb9d1fe90c.JPG

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Swam just over 4km this morning. I can't show you the course I took, but here is the file.

#callwillie 

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

#callwillie 

Isn't it under the Tynowarranty still...? 😁

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I thought that was the profile of your dam?  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

I thought that was the profile of your dam?  :lol:

No, if that was the case, the Garmin would be full & overflowing. And after what it has felt like this week, icicles hanging off the side.

Hi. Thought I’d drop in.

Just doing a little bit so I can get through my first tri in 18 months (post prang). NSW tri club champs. 2 weeks out. Sb a good comeback event as I won’t feel like I’m racing, just doing enough to get the club some points. Been on Zwift a bit. Swimming and running are a bit behind. Oh and I’m 6 kgs or so fatter. 

So what did I do today. Ran 2,5 ks to the pool. Swam a k and run 2.5 back to the office. That’s about 25pct of a normal day 18 months ago ;)  

Glad to see lotsa of you still adding to this thread and encouraging each other. Gotta love that about trannies. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mjainoz said:

Just doing a little bit so I can get through my first tri in 18 months (post prang)...

Good to see.  Did I mention that I kicked your butt at that last race...!

Next time please try and keep up - and stay upright!!!

5 hours ago, Mjainoz said:

Glad to see lotsa of you still adding to this thread and encouraging each other.

Umm...  Yeah, that's right, great to see you back buddy!

PS - I'm still not doing any real training!!!  :lol:

10 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

No, if that was the case, the Garmin would be full & overflowing. And after what it has felt like this week, icicles hanging off the side.

we don't have 'feel like' we have actual. :D

On 13/03/2018 at 6:17 PM, lachie94 said:

Am: 3hr ride with 6x5min @ 380w early on (although got carried away on last one as it included Oliver's hill and did 431w...) rest just easy

PM: 2hr run on the treadmill... 20min starting at 13, up 0.1 every 2min. 20min  at 14. 40min between 14.5 and 15. 3x5min at 16 with 2min in between at 13. 20min cool down from 13.5 down to 12.5...

Hello Lionel Sanders. Did you fish off with 2 hours in the sauna for acclimatisation?

• Like 1

70 min Zwift, 450mtrs climbed and opened up Level 15.

Also noticed I got a 'Circuit Breaker'  achievement for breaking 700watts ( 'kin briefly :blowup: )

Edited by FatPom

2 x 1.7km laps at the dam, then straight in to the blood bank for a plasma donation.

I've had my sausage rolls & party pies, and ready to face the day. :)

• Like 1