prizna

What training did you do today...

32 min on Zwift cos raining outside. 

First indoor ride in 2 months. Know why I ride outside. Shit it was boring!

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

117km in the hills.

did I mention, I’m a vegan now 

Must still be some meat and dairy in your system, report back next week a d see how you go ;)

Did  a steady effort Road to Sky on Zwift.  1hr42,  20.7kms,  1143 mtrs, av 191 watts.

• Like 1

Was meant to race Hills Sprint but I got stuck in road works and then followed a diversion that dumped me back on the motorway going in the wrong direction so I was never going to make it in time :(

Got home and smashed out 90 min ride at 230NP followed by a hilly 5k in 19:20.

Feel much better now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, monkie said:

Was meant to race Hills Sprint but I got stuck in road works and then followed a diversion that dumped me back on the motorway going in the wrong direction so I was never going to make it in time :(

Got home and smashed out 90 min ride at 230NP followed by a hilly 5k in 19:20.

Feel much better now!

I got caught up going to a race on Friday night. I just started late. Was never going to win. 

Figured I’d paid so I was racing. But crashed. Buggered my kneee.  Couldn’t do 2xu tri this morning.  Spewin. 

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

I got caught up going to a race on Friday night. I just started late. Was never going to win. 

Figured I’d paid so I was racing. But crashed. Buggered my kneee.  Couldn’t do 2xu tri this morning.  Spewin. 

That sucks. Yeah I maybe could have gone but would have been stressed to the max and hated it plus I had a bit of a social anxiety thing going on about turning up late... joy of joys!

60k ride. The return was waaaayyyy slower than the way out, thanks to the ever present Perth winds.

29 minutes ago, monkie said:

That sucks. Yeah I maybe could have gone but would have been stressed to the max and hated it plus I had a bit of a social anxiety thing going on about turning up late... joy of joys!

You need to take a leaf out of my book. 

Dont give a shot what others think about you. 

19 minutes ago, Peter said:

You need to take a leaf out of my book. 

Dont give a shot what others think about you. 

Ah! If it were only that simple. I'll happily walk on stage and present to a conference of a thousand folk but every now and then something pathetic like this comes along!

10 x (4 min run, 10 min bike, 4 min run)

Fairly constant run pace across each repeat, happy with that 👍 

• Like 3

First race in memory.

Shark island swim today. 2.3k ( most measured 2.5 or more) 

After 5 weeks overseas with very little swimming was happy with the effort. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Peter said:

Sorry to hear this Peter, any better now?

25 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Sorry to hear this Peter, any better now?

Knee is infected.  Also want to confirm my wrist isn’t broken. Swollen and sore. But all fingers work. 

But gee. Racing in the bush in the dark was a thrill. 

• Like 2

Was looking for a slow steady recovery zwift ride. Started the Alp du Zwift. Was going to go to turn 10 and turn. Then went turn by turn.  At turn 5 was definately going to chuck a u-ey.  My Zwift Companion Ap would t let me u turn. So I did the lot. 

Faaaark me.  Bloody OCD head wouldn't let me quit.  Then HAD to do the descent to get the kms. 3 hrs later......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Monkie, I got just as confused, was also concerned I was going to be late, I was on mount and dismount today due to Canberra being next weekend.

I did about 45mins or so on Zwift doing overs and unders while supervising an security change online then a 10min run off the bike as soon as we finished. My bloody throat hurts from yelling at people to slowdown/mount/dismount at the right spots who should know better....

Edited by MissJess
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Turts said:

Was looking for a slow steady recovery zwift ride. Started the Alp du Zwift. Was going to go to turn 10 and turn. Then went turn by turn.  At turn 5 was definately going to chuck a u-ey.  My Zwift Companion Ap would t let me u turn. So I did the lot. 

Faaaark me.  Bloody OCD head wouldn't let me quit.  Then HAD to do the descent to get the kms. 3 hrs later......

Nice Turts I did AdZ yesterday but didn't have time for the descent, which kind of sucked. :wink3:

Edited by FatPom

10 hours ago, FatPom said:

Long race simulation run. 27km, 2hrs27,  5:27/km

Nice symmetry! And well done

Should have been a 5k run but felt bloody awful with legs really heavy and generally shite that I stopped running at not quite the 2k mark and walked home. Blah.

3 days in the Vic Alps. 316kms with about 5,800m vert. Buffalo, Hotham, Back of Falls and Tawonga ticked off with many beers and cokes consumed.

Learnt all about the perils of dehydration the hard way

2 hours ago, Naut said:

3 days in the Vic Alps. 316kms with about 5,800m vert. Buffalo, Hotham, Back of Falls and Tawonga ticked off with many beers and cokes consumed.

Learnt all about the perils of dehydration the hard way

Buffalo is such an enjoyable climb, consistent and great views.

Was Bright Brewery, Sweetwater or Beechworth Brewery your refreshment venue of choice ?

• Thanks 1

30min run yesterday evening

90min zwift this morning, swim at lunch

• Like 1

14 hours ago, POT said:

Buffalo is such an enjoyable climb, consistent and great views.

Was Bright Brewery, Sweetwater or Beechworth Brewery your refreshment venue of choice ?

Tradition dictates that lunch at Bright Brewery is the final activity of the trip before the drive home.

Edited by Naut

Finished off the tour de zwift today, I missed stage 5 when it was on, snapped my seat post clamp 2km in so that wasn’t ideal riding with the saddle at the lowest point. #awkward

99732CAD-217B-4232-B9BE-D4BE428E6E81.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours (55k) of steady low gear 6 min on 3 min off on the bike, rained on the whole time and soaked to the bone.

15 min w/up, 12 x 90second aerobic hill repeats, 3km home for 10km total run...rained on the whole time and soaked to the bone.

Could be worse I guess, could be hot!?

Disaster :(  My first target race of the year is a week Sunday, 20 miles. I am training to go sub 3hr. Everything on track, did a planned 10km 5.00 pace on the treadmill today, got to 6km and the back of my right quad has pulled up real tight.  I slowed it down to a walk for 3mins and stopped.

buggery bollox.  any advice?

• Sad 2

Yesterday I did a body attack class then swam for 15 mins. Felt crap. Talked it through with Stikman and it's likely due to the variety of stresses which have been rather sustained for a while finally taking their toll on me.

Today I did 30 mins on zwift. Was going to do my usual pootle around NYC at my usual average 90 watts (see image, it's probably actually less on average), but instead decided to go a bit harder for something a bit different and averaged 117. Might do a bit more of that kind of thing rather than being a slack tart most of the time.

I will shortly head off to granny aqua in the deep pool and then this evening, with luck, will do another granny aqua class in the shallower pool with Stikman's mum who really needs to start doing some strength and balance work.

Zwift Power.jpg

Edited by Katz
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, KieranR said:

Finished off the tour de zwift today, I missed stage 5 when it was on, snapped my seat post clamp 2km in so that wasn’t ideal riding with the saddle at the lowest point. #awkward

99732CAD-217B-4232-B9BE-D4BE428E6E81.jpeg

time for a new bike

• Like 3

3.6km open water swim

2hr ergo with 8x8min, 2min reco with 5min extra reco between number 4 and 5. All between 346 and 351w (>5wkg).

2km reco swim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

60min zwift this morning.

Forgot my goggles so skipped my lunch swim 😯 that and the swimming carnival chaos.

21 hours ago, FatPom said:

Disaster :(  My first target race of the year is a week Sunday, 20 miles. I am training to go sub 3hr. Everything on track, did a planned 10km 5.00 pace on the treadmill today, got to 6km and the back of my right quad has pulled up real tight.  I slowed it down to a walk for 3mins and stopped.

buggery bollox.  any advice?

Classic FP with the week out injuries!! Don't worry about running, the work is done. Yoga would be my go to and a whole load of anti-cramp supplements.

Race a crit. Got smashed, in the hurt locker for most of the race. Sweat in my eyes, stinging like hell. Cramping every time I tried to get off the front. Managed to hold on for 6th in the sprint. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, monkie said:

Classic FP with the week out injuries!! Don't worry about running, the work is done. Yoga would be my go to and a whole load of anti-cramp supplements.

Cheers Monkie.  You mean Magnesium, that kind of thing?

Broke 1:10 up Alpe du Zwift, 5min PB

Nice way to start the day, I needed a bit of a win

• Like 3

9 hours ago, FatPom said:

Cheers Monkie.  You mean Magnesium, that kind of thing?

Yep. Might help... Might not but can't do any harm as long as you're drinking enough. Tough breaks but hopefully a weeks rest will sort it. Good luck :)

• Like 1

50 mins over-unders before getting a flight to Melbourne and then run from the airport to the city, Cursed Child tonight. I. Can. Not. Wait. :D:D 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, monkie said:

50 mins over-unders before getting a flight to Melbourne and then run from the airport to the city, Cursed Child tonight. I. Can. Not. Wait. :D:D 

What did you do with your luggage?

55 minutes ago, monkie said:

Impressive half marathon but the route you took looks boring as batshit.

43 minutes ago, more said:

What did you do with your luggage?

Packed light so only had a back pack and palmed it off to Mrs Monkie who took the bus!

9 minutes ago, Peter said:

Impressive half marathon but the route you took looks boring as batshit.

Was just taking it easy and yeah the route is a bit dull. First 5k out of the airport is quite interesting but then it's just main roads. It's the same route I took last time because I don't really know the city but would be keen for an alternative if you fancy being creative?

• Like 1

54km in 2hr38min of downhill riding on Thredbo on the MTB. Today was just fun on the flow trail. Almost no peddling on each lap as all gravity.

Now sitting by Lake Jindabyne 

next 3 days am racing in the Snowy MTB MTB festival. 6 stages so will be fun. 

0526D31F-DF0F-40DB-AC79-93FDD1E59E9C.jpeg

• Like 3

30min zwift and the 2:15 run. 

Always happy to put the longest run session in a block behind me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xblane said:

3:30 zwift and a 30min run

2 weeks until Husky!

Good effort mate. I' hoping for a successful test run on the weekend, have rested my leg since Tues.

• Like 2

60 min really easy run around the botanical gardens in rainy Melbourne. Now off to see some penguins :)

• Like 1

You must have slept in.  

1:45 ride. 30 min run off. 

All dry. 

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Peter said:

You must have slept in.  

1:45 ride. 30 min run off. 

All dry. 

Good to see your leg has come good mate!

6 minutes ago, more said:

Good to see your leg has come good mate!

Yep.  Killing me not swimming.