prizna

What training did you do today...

10 hours ago, Stuie016 said:

all I wanted to do was get back in bed and sleep  :sleep1:

That's exactly what it sets you up for in my experience :D

• Like 1

On 10/01/2019 at 9:07 AM, roxii said:

Me and the young bloke rode around yhe grounds of castle ward where GoT Winterfell castle is 

30E9503A-04EB-4354-9B99-27190A89FAC6.jpeg

On 10/01/2019 at 11:57 AM, Flanman said:

Did you find the Holy Grail ?

FM

On 10/01/2019 at 5:00 PM, BogFrog said:

No, but he did cone across a flying cow...

Or have a debate about swallows? 

Edited by Turts
  • Haha 1

Did an absolute mother of a parkrun with Stikman and FFF this morning. 

• Like 3

2.5 hour brick in the heat. Hurt like hell. About halfway through the run I remembered I'm racing tomorrow.... whoopsie!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Cruisy parkrun at Redcliffe then a sole crushing 9k swim in very choppy conditions. Definitely the toughest conditions I've ever swum that sort of distance in, and to top things off I scored a bad case of sunburn. 

• Like 2

I did a fairly easy 7km@4.50 pace yesterday and was intending to do a new park run today.  However I had one of those weird evenings where you feel fine leaving work, then rough as guts by the time you get home :(

Feel 'ok' today but seem to be in that twilight zone where you can breathe ok normally but push anything hard and it will be ugly. 

or, it could be a classic case of CBA Saturday :lol:

• Like 1

2.6km in the pool this morning... I have a 30 min run, 2.5hr bike, 30 min run tomorrow which I'm looking forward to... still at work at the moment though, probably in for a late start tomorrow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FatPom said:

I did a fairly easy 7km@4.50 pace yesterday

Easy 7k@4.50....  I did a 5k@5:45 and was at threshold HR basically from 750m in the whole time.  Stopped to walk to get the HR down and it dropped immediately but as soon as I started running, boom, up it went again.

4.50 pace would feel like a sprint.  I am in awe of you all who can do that pace and maintain it.

• Like 1

I took my daughter for her first mountain bike race,a few stacks as it was a bit of a sandy course today, but the promise of a cornetto and a swim afterwards kept her going, she got her lap done then I went and did a quick lap myself.  Being a dirtmaster (under 13) she’s only allowed to do one lap, she was happy to stand and spray the water pistols at all us big kids on our own laps afterwards.   Great afternoon out with her #girlpower she beat some boys!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Stuie016 said:

Easy 7k@4.50....  I did a 5k@5:45 and was at threshold HR basically from 750m in the whole time.  Stopped to walk to get the HR down and it dropped immediately but as soon as I started running, boom, up it went again.

4.50 pace would feel like a sprint.  I am in awe of you all who can do that pace and maintain it.

You'll get there mate, if it's any help, I'm pretty old and have been faster at other tomes of my life but I've never been the consistent for this long.  Consistency is key mate and there are many many good runners on here that will help you :)

• Like 1

Felt better this arvo.

1h46 Zwift, 43.4km, 896 mtrs, 203 av watts.

Edited by FatPom

30min run, 2.5hr zwift, 30min run, checked the intensity at the door.

20 hours ago, KieranR said:

but the promise of a cornetto and a swim afterwards kept her going

the pic on Insta was awesome. :D

• Like 1

Not much this weekend actually, I needed a weekend to just chill, so I went and bought a fishing rod and reel, a couple of lures and walked the banks of one of our rivers, got obliterated by a stonker Barra early this morning and only had the one lure, which now means I had none after a good fight with the Barra.  Barra 1 kieran 0, came back this arvo with my daughter and she nailed 6 fish and she hooked and landed them all by herself, not bad considering the last time she hooked a fish she threw the rod in a croc infested creek.  Today was brilliant, and an awesome arvo with her.  First time I’ve fished in years,   I prefer spear fishing but today’s land based was great.

C002B99A-EDAB-45A9-85E0-1899A060F6E5.jpeg

• Like 4

Sounds like you're getting some awesome family time in lately Kieran. 

1 hour ago, Katz said:

Sounds like you're getting some awesome family time in lately Kieran. 

Its been great Katz, my daughter is very much a daddy's girl, she'll give anything a crack and we love spending time together & I cant wait to teach her how to free dive one day up here, although she does mention sharks whenever we talk about it, but a few you tube videos on pilbara spear fishing instead of the family movie night on Saturday has her a bit keen, might start her out on a hookah chasing some crays in shallow water before i load a spear for her.

Still working on relationship with the Son, him and I dont connect well, but I bought him a packet of Gluten free lollies yesterday so i could at least buy his favoritism for an hour :), then he was back to mumma's boy.  It's pretty hot up here at the moment and the town is still quiet so a lot of people are still away.  Which means lots of time together.

I even folded some washing last night so the wife could watch her show uninterrupted, however she did pipe up every now and then and told me i was folding things wrong. :) 

I think training for port starts soon

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1hr Zwift for another FTB builder workout early this morning, had to hold myself back when the one and only L. Sanders rode past, I thought about trying to chase and keep with him just to say I did but stuck to the plan and let him ride off into the distance. 

Truth be known I wouldn’t have stood a chance to keep up but I like to think I might have 😊

• Like 1

On 13/01/2019 at 12:10 AM, KieranR said:

but the promise of a cornetto and a swim afterwards kept her going, 

The promise Cornetto would work on me as well Kieran.

BTW If I lived were you do I'd certainly be spending more time fishing.......... and definitely less time open water swimming

• Like 1

Ever have one of those days when you just feel like you can keep going?

My programmed bike of 30 Min warm up, 30 Z3/Z4, 30 min cool down on the Nundah crit track ended up being a 112km ride through the back roads and then around the Redcliffe peninsula. Sometimes the program needs to go out the window!

Unfortunately I picked up a dose of conjunctivitis and couldn't see myself going to work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

60 min zwift and a 30 min run off the bike... both with a little more intensity than I like 😫

Nothing, again today.

I probably should be visiting the MH thread, but I've just had nothing in me to make me want to go out & do anything at the moment. I've been spending every minute not working (or playing on Trannies) trying to sort out my In-Laws finances to get my MiL into a nursing home. They've always had the capital needed (just) in shares, but they've never actually prepared anything to sell them, so now that it needs to be done in a real hurry, it's an absolute fustercluck, what with POAs & joint holdings, never having used a broker for anything, having minimal records of what some were bought for etc etc etc.

I'm absolutely stuffed just doing this, and have been sleeping in each morning, and at the end of each day all I want to do is sit down with a few scotches. Hopefully I'm coming to the end of this, and things might get back to a semblance of normal.

I was on the Wahoo kikr trying out the kickr climb last night when Peter Sagan came up & took a photo with me. (if anyone sees it on social media let me know)

He asked if I was buying one. I said probably I don't like doing hill repeats in the cold and rain. 

AAAAAAAAARRGGHHHHHHHHH

Commsec just emailed me to say they can't proceed till they have all the details they told me to take off the form yesterday.

AAAAAAAAARRGGHHHHHHHHH

• Like 1

I'd rather be doing the hill repeats in the cold and rain than dealing with someone else's undocumented finances :(

Hope it picks up Ex

25 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

AAAAAAAAARRGGHHHHHHHHH

Commsec just emailed me to say they can't proceed till they have all the details they told me to take off the form yesterday.

AAAAAAAAARRGGHHHHHHHHH

No wonder you feel like crap trying to deal with this. Just wondering if there's a local MP or ombudsman type that can help you? 

Dont beat yourself up Ex about sleeping in & no motivation, what youre doing is exhausting - be kind to yourself as you would someone else going through this.

Good luck hope you get it sorted soon 

40km loop on the bike this morning.

Was 26 degrees when I started at 5.15am and 28 degrees when I finished at 6.30ish.  Currently 42 degrees and climbing towards a top of 44.

Forecast is for 46 tomorrow  😬

• Like 1

Turned up at the Nundah Crit track for a max effort brick session only to discover the track has been booked out for the Aussie speed skating / rollerblading championships so switched to a 35k moderate road ride into a 2k hard run. Skating was good to watch for a while though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I'm absolutely stuffed just doing this, and have been sleeping in each morning, and at the end of each day all I want to do is sit down with a few scotches.

DSC_2428(1).thumb.JPG.f2cde3b50e23f19600d0baea5b9993ee.JPG

Hopefully only 1 day to go. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Nothing, again today.

I probably should be visiting the MH thread, but I've just had nothing in me to make me want to go out & do anything at the moment. I've been spending every minute not working (or playing on Trannies) trying to sort out my In-Laws finances to get my MiL into a nursing home. They've always had the capital needed (just) in shares, but they've never actually prepared anything to sell them, so now that it needs to be done in a real hurry, it's an absolute fustercluck, what with POAs & joint holdings, never having used a broker for anything, having minimal records of what some were bought for etc etc etc.

I'm absolutely stuffed just doing this, and have been sleeping in each morning, and at the end of each day all I want to do is sit down with a few scotches. Hopefully I'm coming to the end of this, and things might get back to a semblance of normal.

Ex, while that sucks, it's just life getting in the way temporarily.  You'll come good again :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Well, that minor sore throat that abated on Sunday, has come back with vengeance the last couple of days. Nothing for me but chicken soup and a lot of coughing :surrender:

• Sad 1

45 min run with 30second efforts every 5 minutes.

A few short or bad night's sleep in a row and some early mornings and I'm toast. Looking forward to finishing tomorrow's long run!

• Like 2

On 15/01/2019 at 10:18 AM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Nothing, again today.

Hi ex, if you are having trouble finding when shares were bought and sold, the you can go the share registry of the stocks, either Computershare, linkmarket servies or boardroom radio, and they will have the total history of buy, sell, dividends, splits, consolidations etc.  sometimes stocks change the share registry so you might have to check with both or all three.

• Like 1

20 min jog around the block followed by a second lap with one of my fur-toddlers.  Her form is really coming along

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours to ride 50k.  

I blame bored@. 

Stopped 3 times for coffee and then a bike mechanic so his rear wheel could be fixed. 

He is farking fat. 

F38DC64B-16E0-4FD0-AA40-E18FF6DFDE4F.png

4F26D733-4472-48EF-A58A-B2F780C7B0E2.png

8EE92809-B4E4-47F3-AF2D-22A9C0C9ECE3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Realised today there was a Toasty badge on Garmin Connect (activity in 38 degrees or higher)... anyone cracked that this summer?

Swim at lunch, 15 x 100m.

5 hours ago, xblane said:

Realised today there was a Toasty badge on Garmin Connect (activity in 38 degrees or higher)... anyone cracked that this summer?

Swim at lunch, 15 x 100m.

My run last sat finished at over 38. Cant see a badge in GC though

20190116_204340.jpg

20190112_145153.jpg

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Turts said:

My run last sat finished at over 38. Cant see a badge in GC though

20190116_204340.jpg

20190112_145153.jpg

Read that it uses the temp reported on your map, eg

52515B6B-67CF-4D67-9702-5D6119A1E8AF.jpeg

Edited by xblane

20 minutes ago, xblane said:

Read that it uses the temp reported on your map, eg

52515B6B-67CF-4D67-9702-5D6119A1E8AF.jpeg

Haha, the temp on the map wasnt even our overnight low. It was over 30 when I started. 

20190117_081532.jpg

1 hour ago, Turts said:

Haha, the temp on the map wasnt even our overnight low. It was over 30 when I started.

Yeah, that probably was the overnight low :) My watch had a low of 28 and an average of 29 for that run. But I know I'm lucky.

Some of the temperatures others have been talking about here have been brutal! 

Another 50k cycling up hills in 41c temps. 

Hopefully tomorrow we can ride 100 in much cooler temps. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Another 50k cycling up hills in 41c temps. 

Hopefully tomorrow we can ride 100 in much cooler temps. 

wow, that's bloody toasty!  

Anyone is doing the Alpine Classes this year?  They used to have a rule about it being shortened in high temps.